PDA

View Full Version : automag expieriments(technical)

the electrician
07-14-2002, 07:45 PM
Okay, I just can't leave well enough alone. I know the new lvl10 bolt is out and about, but I like to do my own mods.

So I've been working with the spacers and springs. basically, I've taken the spacer out and put a longer spring on the bolt. the spacer decides where the o-ring stops and the air starts to release.removing the spacer altogether, makes the bolt move farther before the air is released.I don't know if it will make the bolt move farther overall.this is why I'm going to try the longer spring to see what it does after the original tests.it might also slow the bolt down a bit.I might end up just using a really short modified spacer.

so my question is if anyone else has done these types of expieriments with their mag? perhaps an AGD tech could tell me the disadvantages of doing this?
Don't say it will make the trigger pull hard because it has a pneumatic trigger mod. it's a 1mm pull at about 8 oz of force to do the job and nothing I do to the spacers, spring or bolt will change that.

Any technical input will be greatly appreciated.

Butterfingers
07-14-2002, 09:43 PM
Yes, you will get bolt stick.

Gas is released when the bolt is fully closed regardless.

Not a significant amount of air gets released until the PT stem clears the taper in the powertube tip. Blowback and gas release has nothing to do with the o-ring position.

Almost no gas sees the ball until the final 1-2 ms when the end of the stem clears the taper.

The O-ring is there to provide a static seal when the gun is not being fired.

the electrician
07-14-2002, 09:58 PM
well I did some testing and the o-ring doesn't like it. it get's fussy and leaks with no spacer.but there is a slight increase in velocity for some reason. but that doesn't matter if it leaks.
what do you mean by bolt stick?