PDA

View Full Version : jt slammer pack question

DoctorStox
07-14-2002, 11:24 PM
i just got a jt slammer pack and pods. i didnt get a collar, and i dont know if i want one. it looks hideous, and makes the already big and easy to hit hopper even bigger. however, without the collar, the pods are harder to open and fill with than regular pods. however, i do not know if regular flip to pods will stay closed in this pack since both ends are open (u know what i mean if u own or use or have seen one). so there is my question- will regular pods stay closed, and which pods would be the best?

CpSuPeRkId
07-14-2002, 11:41 PM
ya if u get the slammer u pretty much gotta buy all the speedpods, the others will open up and drop all ur paint all over and u wont even know it utnil u pull out a blank pod.trust me i know!!

AcemanPB
07-15-2002, 12:07 AM
i have a JT pack and i use dye tubes and i haven't really had a problem with them yet, i did have APP tubes but they were to snug in the harness and it was difficult to pull them out

DoctorStox
07-15-2002, 12:14 AM
i also play woodball, and i think the rough terain would also mess about regular pods. what do u guys think?

paintslinger
07-15-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by AcemanPB
i have a JT pack and i use dye tubes and i haven't really had a problem with them yet, i did have APP tubes but they were to snug in the harness and it was difficult to pull them out

w3rd bro i got the same setup with dye pods and jt pack and i have never had tubes opening on me or anything...only gripe i have is that im really skinny(gotta love the high motabelism(sP)) and there isn't enough velcro to make it fit securly around my waiste. so what im going to have to do is go to a craft store and pick up some velcro and have my super sowing mom sow it on for me :D .

headkase
07-15-2002, 01:06 AM
i had a slammer pack for about a year.... i dont know why but it seemed like the pod holders in the pack expanded due to use and eventually the pods fell out ESPECIALLy when running real hard and that pack is just bangin around. i have jt speed pods and it didnt help the situation much so i bought myself a JACKO 4 pack and havent had a problem. in cocnclusion... keep an eye on it.. my slammer pack broke down real fast

Sir Chopsalot
07-15-2002, 01:20 AM
ive lost 2 of my speed pods from falling out the pack. i use app ones now and i dont have a problem with the snugness.

paintslinger
07-15-2002, 02:02 AM
headkase...interesting i better watch out with my front running butt.

wyn1370
07-15-2002, 07:49 AM
I never had a problem with doing it that way. I used fat boy tubes in it and never had a spill. For anybody who is too skinny to use the JT slampack, get the redz version. I got one a few months ago and love it. The velcro is like the comfort belt instead of the jt loop and pull across type. I still use the same pods in it and don't have any problems.