PDA

View Full Version : New Spring Pack?

joeyjoe367
07-15-2002, 01:33 PM
Hi Everyone.

Workin' on My Lvl 10 mag. I got it shooting about 270 fps with std. mainspring, 1 shim, and 1.5 carrier.

It doesn't chop my 1 year old diablo blaze, and that's great, but It fails the dollar bill test. I want to be able to use the medium spring at least. Higher velocity would be good too, but that might be attributed to my 2pc barrel, and loose paint fit.

I tried to turn up the velocity, but i keep getting venting out the back. I can't quite put my finger on what's going on. I was thinking I might need a new spring-pack, as my mag is at least a couple years old.

Any help would be great.

BlackVCG
07-15-2002, 02:58 PM
Try a new piston. Sometimes they tend to leak at higher pressures, such as what's required for LVL 10, when they aren't suppose to. Also, if the washer on the spring pack that the back of the piston pushes on is is able to slide back and forth on the spring pack shaft, then it's getting wore out and should be replaced to run LVL 10 properly.

TheTramp
07-15-2002, 03:00 PM
I don't think you should really ever have to replace the spring pack. Absolutly not one that's only a few years old.