PDA

View Full Version : For those of you with ridiculously soft level 10 setups.

Cypres0099
07-15-2002, 05:43 PM
What I mean by ridiculously soft is that you can hammer away on a pinched 0 bounce paintball without it breaking.

What setup are you using carriers? Spring? Shims?

What problems have you noticed? Does it stick often? Mine would stick on the first shot every time after letting it sit for 1 minute even with heavy oiling.

Tom if you are reading this, what setup do you use on most of your mags to get them feather light yet reliable? What setup did you use on the 20 bps and 2&3 video?

Maybe I'm imagining things but my setup just doesn't seem to be working the way everyone else's is. It will consistantly catch on the first shot and now having messed around with it

.5 carrier, medium spring,0 shims

it will shoot, vent, (like it is pinching paint) shoot, vent...

It seemed to stick less with the 0 carrier and heaviest spring.

Jonno06
07-15-2002, 06:18 PM
put 2 shims in it,and call me in the morning....

Evil Bob
07-15-2002, 06:21 PM
Move up to carrier #1, if you're sticking on the first shot, there is too much friction on the bolt, your o-ring is too tight.

I use #1 on my Emag with the middle spring and 3 shims. As long as it's oiled regularly, I get zero bolt stick.

Shims allow the bolt to vent and reset earlier, killing pressure against a ball in the breech.

I used carrier #1.5 on the other two RT's I setup, both with the middle spring and 3 shims. All three markers stop easily on anything put in the chamber.

The only problems I've encountered is I need to chrono above 265, anything lower and I have to move down to a smaller spring or suffer with bolt stick.

-Evil Bob

Cypres0099
07-15-2002, 07:29 PM
I changed it from 5 shims to 0 shims and it was still doing the same stick on first shot after 1 minute.

The weird thing is, the day before that I was using the 0 carrier with no bolt stick at all. It would sometimes just not push the ball past the detent (it was large inconsistant paint)

Another thing, when you slide the bolt out of the valve, should it slide smoothly? After a couple millimeters, my bolt seems to get caught then I pull a little more and it slides smoothly off. Could that be a problem or does everybody's do that?

booyah
07-15-2002, 09:21 PM
1.5 carrier
middle spring
3 shims

it stops on anything pretty much 0 breaks with 0 bounce marbs

i had the long spring in there, but if I tipped my gun right, there was too much friction between the bolt and the barrel nubbin and the bolt would stop on that. After i stoppd laughing I switched back to the middle spring where it stays now

-Booyah

Cypres0099
07-15-2002, 10:36 PM
Wow, you're using a 1.5 and middle spring and it still won't break 0 bounce paint!

booyah
07-15-2002, 10:55 PM
hey man, I was using it in an RT with the 1.5 carrier and the short spring, it wouldnt fire on the medium :-) I guess each gun is different

-Booyah

AGD
07-15-2002, 10:58 PM
The sticking is caused by too tight an oring carrier. I wouldn't worry about trying to get the lightest possible setup. The vids were shot with the middle spring.

AGD