PDA

View Full Version : AM-P Titan (AKA Sentinel Pump)

z-zero
07-15-2002, 05:43 PM
I just got off the phone with Steve Deam jr. at Action Markers and let me say that they are a great bunch of guys over there. He answered all my questions and talked to me for an extended amount of time about there new pump even though its not released yet. I'm gonna dump some info here. I got permission first.

Ther new pump will be called and marketed as the Titan as to not get confused with there Sentinel line of markers. On there web site (www.actionmarkers.com) the pictured pump is the pro model with red to black fade and double trigger, D/F BL for $325. The gun that is being released aug 1 is the basic model in black ano and will be available in the single trigger configuration as well as double. You will also be able to order the stock class feed tube if desired. The cool thing about the SC tube is that you can put it forward or backward, thus allowing to rock n cock in your usuall style whether you use a phantom or a PGP (ie forward or backward tipping action). The basic model will come without a a d/f or bottom line and flat .45 grip panels and will be available for $280. I did'nt ask about price diff. between single or double trigger, or sc feed or direct feed, so I don't know. I do know the sc feed will be generic black cause depending on how you install it the fade won't match on the pro model, so its one color. Its a fresh design so Steve said they did not know if any other parts in the gun were compatible with the snipers. There is a review in the july issue of PGI (paintball games international) on pg 58 with pics of the raw proto-type. Steve said they did alot of outside consulting on the design of this marker including our very own Crash on PPIG, great Job guys.

z-zero

P.S. The frame for single and double trigger is the same, its the trigger guard that changes seeing that its removeable. Tourney legal and all......

a_malfunction
07-15-2002, 05:47 PM
Who would want a double trigger pump? :)

z-zero
07-15-2002, 05:53 PM
Glad you asked, Steve said that %90 of the request they get are for the single trigger config. But when you think about it makes sense, If your more comfortable with a double trigger being able to buy a double trigger pump might sway you to buy one sooner than if they did'nt offer it. I'd say its just marketing. I think its cool to see a pump with some flash and hype all in one. Maybe Emag or Angel owners will try them out just cause there diff. Granted they would need to have a interest in pumps to begin with.

z-zero

Fred
07-15-2002, 07:02 PM
eww.. a double trigger... one more reason not to get rid of my Phantom or Sterling, both of which also have autotrigger... :P

PHANTOMS RULE!

:P

---Fred (Unapologetic PHOGer 4 Life)

mykroft
07-15-2002, 07:44 PM
Wanna bet there's an auto-cocking version in the works? That's why a double trigger.

davidb
07-15-2002, 08:44 PM
The pump is derived from a preexisting autococking version.

kevdupuis
07-15-2002, 08:51 PM
There's a slight problem with the name. The Mokal Titan has been out for a few years already, and you can bet AM knows this. So why would they want to use the name of another company's marker?

z-zero
07-15-2002, 08:56 PM
I don't think Mokal knows yet...... Or maybe Action mArkers does'nt. I guess we'll see if it gets renamed before august 1:)

davidb- Which auto-cocking version is it derived from......?????

z-zero

rjvemt1
07-15-2002, 09:06 PM
it is a very pretty gun but it just looks like a sniper II or III rip-off
PHANTOMS RULE! fred said it best!;a tried and true recipe(bolt,hammer,power-tube),stock class availability(stock-class=bps doesnt matter,only skill!),excelent cust. service(you order them from the guy that makes 'em.i think his name is mike).if your gonna get into pump(for those here who didnt start there)really get back to basics! 12 gram co2, 10 round paint tubes"rock and cock"!

z-zero
07-16-2002, 10:56 AM
It is based of the sheridan valve design I believe, as is the sniper series. The internals are completly diff. It has something like 5-6 less parts then a sniper. There are going to have to rename though. I think they will have a meeting with there marketing group. So after aug 1 who wants to start a ???????? vs. phantom thread

;)

z-zero

thei3ug
07-16-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by rjvemt1
it is a very pretty gun but it just looks like a sniper II or III rip-off

One problem with that statement:
sniper is a sheridan ripoff, pure and simple. Not only that, it was a BUDGET aluminum bodied sheridan, the origionals actually using sheridan valves. There were other aluminum sheridans out there, don't try to kid yourself. Bud is the only one who still makes one.

nerobro
07-16-2002, 12:12 PM
ACtually the "existing" markers from that company are blowbacks with unique velocity adjustment systems. They are not autococking. The pump is a uniquie development on their part, unrelated to an autococking gun.

DaFlip
07-16-2002, 01:17 PM
Looks like a sniper to me and paintball needs more blow backs from another company:rolleyes:

DaFlip

nerobro
07-16-2002, 01:41 PM
Being a blowback ISN'T bad. check out the 40bps spyder thread if you have doubts ;-)

rjvemt1
07-16-2002, 07:52 PM
it is a good looking gun and would probably end up in my collection if i won the lotto!right after the new mag and the chipley and the carter buzzard:D

z-zero
07-16-2002, 09:17 PM
They have renamed it the Illusion. I guess cause it sorta looks like a semi? I'm getting one. I started with a pump maybe I should get back to my old ways.......

z-zero

Ni cD
07-26-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by DaFlip
Looks like a sniper to me and paintball needs more blow backs from another company:rolleyes:

DaFlip

Hey man, I own one of those blowbacks. VERY nice gun! Last time over the chrono I got 286, 283, 286, 285 (yes, I wrote the numbers down...I was amazed! :)). My ONLY gripe would be stock trigger. Its not to smooth...

DaFlip
07-26-2002, 03:08 PM
Im not saying that blowbacks are bad, just saying that the paintball market is saturated with blowbacks. Ill name a few companies:Kingman(with 50 different models), PMI, 32 Degrees, NPS, BE, M3 Paintball, etc. Each company has at least 4 different models. Oh yes, one more:rolleyes: Im so thrilled....

I know that blowbacks are capable of 40bps, but the kick would rattle the teeth out of my mouth and give me brain damage. Other than that, they are good, for starters.

DaFlip

mykroft
07-26-2002, 03:19 PM
Umm, this isn't a blowback, it's a Sheridan based pump, if they made a semi version, it would be a cocker clone, not a Spyder clone.

AM's blowback semi is very nice by the way, probably the prettiest blowback on the market, and very sturdy, the trigger pull sucks, but your average renter will break an M98 before they'd break a Sentinel Semi.

DaFlip
07-26-2002, 03:22 PM
I wasn't talking about the pump when I said blowbacks, I was talking about the other guns.

DaFlip