PDA

View Full Version : AGD your boxes suck. seriously.

rhetor22
07-15-2002, 07:16 PM
The automag box:

"automag 68" yay

My friend just got a black dragun..

the box was friggin sweet!!!

I keep all my boxes to games.. to computer compenents. The 3dfx Voodoo series boxes looked sweet!!

AGD, your boxes are horrible. :p

hehehe

Jonneh
07-15-2002, 07:18 PM
They're not plain! They're "Post Modern"

synreal
07-15-2002, 07:20 PM
they're not plain....they're post-wall-berlin-minimalistic

liigod
07-15-2002, 07:22 PM
i keep all my boxes too for my computer componets. Not for games, since i getall of em free :0D

Blazingace
07-15-2002, 07:33 PM
It is what cocker owners call a "sleeper". It doesn't look like much on the outside, but what's inside is frighteningly powerful.

kosmo
07-15-2002, 07:48 PM
Honestly all I wanted when I bought my automag was a diamond studded platinum box. Something that would confuse the garbage men after I threw it away. All they get now is an anonymous white thing that they don't give a seconds thought before they burn it. That just is not good marketing. I mean think about it, garbage dominates our lives, and is the future of marketing. If AGD started it now, theyd be ahead of the game. Imagine driving down the highway across a bridge, and from 400 feet away you can spot that AGD box sitting there on top of the trash barge, just screaming BUY AGD PRODUCTS! Or riding your bike downtown when some guy with a pickup truck has some trash fly out of the back and it hits someones windshield and causes a massive accident. A truly dramatic box would draw more attention from the slack jawed gawkers than even the bloody remnants of what used to be the old jaywalking prostitute who is sandwhiched between a Honda and a dumpster. The dumpster, coincidentally, doesn't have an AGD box in it because a hobo already took it to spruce up his home. Good boxes might even solve a great deal of alcohol related deaths by persuading homeless people to buy automags rather than booze. Oh and if it had a built in fancy security system with flashing lights, not only would it be more attention grabbing, but those damned UPS guys would stop throwing it around like a hot potato filled with firecrackers. Anywhoo, I think I've made my point about why AGD should make flashy boxes. :rolleyes:

TransMan
07-15-2002, 07:59 PM
i wouldnt care if it game in a black garbage bag i just want the gun

MikeCouves
07-15-2002, 08:02 PM
TransMan got his priorities straight! I didn't even get a box, I wish I did. I bought mine used and didn't even get the beloved box, so quit your whining ;).

davidb
07-15-2002, 08:12 PM
Kosmo I just want you to know that the time that went into that post was well appreciated. Best humor I've seen in a while.

Rhetor think of it this way: Other companies are compensating for something. My Spyder had a cool box, your Mag box had a cool gun. I'd be happy to trade if you think I got the better end of the deal.
And yes, I realize your post wasn't totally serious. :p

Nemesis
07-15-2002, 08:16 PM
I want the plainest box i can find beacause all those newbies that see a good gun think that the player is the best. but when they see me with my piece o crap box they think oh he must not be that good then i would bunker them and they would be like what kind of gun is that and i would be like automag

rjvemt1
07-15-2002, 08:19 PM
fancy packaging hurts me in my wallet!!!!!
My friend just got a black dragun.. if you want a fancy box, put on your prettiest sun dress and go buy a dragun.if you want a gun that will be shootin in ten years then go get yourself that little white box, come on you know the one i'm talkin about, the one full of magic!

Mango
07-15-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by rjvemt1
if you want a fancy box, put on your prettiest sun dress and go buy a dragun.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

rhetor22
07-15-2002, 08:36 PM
rjvernt:

I'm more into vinyl outfits.

whooooops that one slipped

I don't think that by making a fancy box that AGD quality would lessen.

kosmo i fully agree with you. If i saw a nasty kickass looking box on top of the garbage i would be like IF ITS IN THE GARBAGE ITS GOTTA BE GOOD!!!

Cliffio
07-15-2002, 08:38 PM
angels come in nice boxes

and just so you know, angels own

BTAutoMag
07-15-2002, 08:51 PM
didnt we already have this talk and conclude that we dont care about the boxes. i think i said these words and i quote:

"i dont care if you send me it in a box with condems stamped all over it. i want the goodies inside. the box usualy doesnt survive the rush to the goodies."

shartley
07-15-2002, 08:58 PM
Old subject... might I suggest a SEARCH? I know we had a pretty good thread or two on that matter.... AGD was going to make a sleeve to go over existing boxes.....

;)

(Note: this is not your standard "use search" post.)

Butterfingers
07-15-2002, 10:04 PM
They are super practical I actually like them. You can use them to send stuff out.

Jonno06
07-15-2002, 10:20 PM
lol....this thread is so funny......

i got my mag used...and it came in a big brown box....prettiest box ive ever seen....

SIGSays
07-16-2002, 06:27 AM
who cares about teh box.... put stickers on it or something... *****

FutureMagOwner
07-16-2002, 07:19 AM
my wgp cocker box looked pretty cool. its not awesomenatastic or anything like that but i thought it was cool because it was the same pic i was using as a signature for a few months

animal
07-16-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by rhetor22
The 3dfx Voodoo series boxes looked sweet!!

AMEN BROTHER!!

Love live 3dfx! What's left of them anyway.

alkafluence
07-16-2002, 10:28 AM
You know, I'd rather have my box plain because as others have said- I care about the marker, not the box.

Besides, it costs more to make a fancy box, and I don't need AGD to have to pass on the higher costs to me, all in the name of a STUPID box when all I want is the marker.

Panzerr
07-16-2002, 10:33 AM
K.I.S.S. -Keep It Simple Stupid

Occum's razor -the simplest answer is the correct one

Simplicity is bliss.

Leave it at that. Spend the money on something else.

BTAutoMag
07-16-2002, 12:46 PM
youve got to think outside the box

rhetor22
07-16-2002, 03:17 PM
EXACTLY!

everyone here is thinking INSIDE.

Come on, who actually cares how the gun works? I mean if the box is THAT spankin cool... should you really open it?

http://cstrikesucks.homestead.com/files/pbBox.bmp

SqueegeeKid
07-16-2002, 05:08 PM
I wish i got a box when i bought my Mag so i could've thrown it out the moment i got home. Stupid used guns.

Timmee
07-16-2002, 06:58 PM
My 'Mags came in multiple boxes (and bags, in the case of the parts from AGD). This concept of 1 box for an ENTIRE marker is new to me. :D

Vegeta
07-16-2002, 08:29 PM
I swear...

Fancy product boxes are jsut a communist plot to de-stabilze western economy and capitalism.

Tunaman
07-16-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by rhetor22
The automag box:

"automag 68" yay

My friend just got a black dragun..

the box was friggin sweet!!!

I keep all my boxes to games.. to computer compenents. The 3dfx Voodoo series boxes looked sweet!!

AGD, your boxes are horrible. :p

hehehe You got a lot of nerve! Wait till AGD sees YOUR name on a repair ticket! HEHE! Fool!:D :D :D

rhetor22
07-16-2002, 09:27 PM
ha... agd... "repair"

I couldn't break my mag if i tried

MagNumPI
07-16-2002, 10:38 PM
If you like boxes get a Shocker, they have the barrel,hopper and trigger comming out of the box. lol

Shoe box with a trigger.

BTAutoMag
07-16-2002, 10:43 PM
shoe box???? i thought it looked like a brick

MagNumPI
07-16-2002, 11:13 PM
We over exagerate at our field, like the angel shoots at 100,000,000 bps. and a case of paint is 50,000$ it kinda makes the newbs uneasy. it's fun.

Riotz
07-16-2002, 11:16 PM
I think AGD needs me to design some boxes. :D