PDA

View Full Version : Has any body ever heard of a smartbox upgrade from smart parts

paintballbeaver
07-15-2002, 08:50 PM
just a question because i wanted to know what it did and if any body has it how does it work??????????:confused:

Kevmag
07-16-2002, 12:06 AM
I think it's supposed to be some kind of low pressure modification. From what I've heard it does nothing. Do a search for smartbox and you should find a few helpful threads.

WickeDKlowN
07-16-2002, 09:33 AM
they are also known as BlackBox modifications, and they lower efficency, and supposedly lower pressure. AGD does not support them or do reapirs on mags that have them. Also, I have heard that they cause leaks

JRocker
08-03-2002, 03:40 PM
i heard they add 15 feet to your range and no one can explain why. try looking on warpig.

Tunaman
08-03-2002, 03:42 PM
Thats mularky!

Potatoboy
08-03-2002, 04:05 PM
I don't know why :rolleyes: but this thread made this (http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/duckecho.htm) come to mind.

billmi
08-04-2002, 04:02 PM
The black box is an external volume chamber (that was before the term "volumizer" was coined) that mounted on a 'mag basically adding added gas space between the on/off and the power tube. Basically, with a larger volume of gas used for each shot, the 'mag now operated at a lower pressure. It also, by necessity took longer to recharge, increasing the possibility of shoot-down.

PCRI tested the claims of increased range and found little to no significant change in range (if I recall they found none at first, and the second test, in a small sample there was something like a 5 foot difference).

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills