PDA

View Full Version : Finally fixed it!

a_malfunction
07-15-2002, 10:45 PM
HAHA! Finally got it fixed! I wanted to build a mag from parts, so I bought a valve from a local guy who had upgraded to a retro. I bought a body, rail, and etc... from people here on AO. The valve wasnt in the best of shape, so I got a parts kit and replaced all the seals. I got it all together, but it just wouldnt work. I couldnt figure out for the life of me why this gun was venting out the back. I checked every thing two or three times. I was about to give up and send it in. When I was putting all my tools up, I noticed that there was a reg. seat just sitting on top of my toolbox. I wondered how that got there and where it came from... I thought, "No, I couldnt have forgotten it, could I?" I unscrewed the valve halves, and guess what... I didnt have a reg seat in there. :) The gun works great now! I guess it helps to have all the parts in there!

Lone Brain Cell
07-15-2002, 11:05 PM
I always manage to have spare parts left at the end of a fix it.:(
It really is a bummer when you realise that you haven't really fixed it and you have to start over:mad:

Schnitzel
07-15-2002, 11:13 PM
sounds exactly like what my dad is doing. i'm helping him to build a 'mag from scratch...it's really fun. it also really helps when you have reliable connections, like RogueFactor!!