PDA

View Full Version : max flo trouble NEED HELP!!!!

CpSuPeRkId
07-16-2002, 12:07 AM
i just bought a vision impulse today and it has the 3000 psi screw in version max flo. i use a pmi 68/4500. now the problem is as soon as i put the tank in it just started leakign like CRAZY!!! after using my whole tank i figured out that its the stupid little oring(on the peice that connects the asa to the reg) that is leaking. i made sure its nothing internal in the reg and i know its the asa/reg connector because i uncsrewed the connector and screwed in a micro line all ghetto rigged with like 2 connected guns and it worked. now whats confusing me is the darn oring is in perfect shape! is it just too small??? or what??

i heard max flos are the kings of messing up, i dunno

mykroft
07-16-2002, 12:13 PM
Lube the O-Ring, make sure the Max-Flo adjuster is screwed all the way out before you screw in the tank. The Max-Flo bottomlines were designed to be used only with CO2 tanks with on/off valves, and can be somewhat cranky when used with pin-valve tanks.

KamikazePenguin
07-16-2002, 03:14 PM
mine did the same thing, now the problem is that the pins are approximately 8 feet long, presumably because smart parts didn't do their research, and it's depressing the pin on your tank before the o-ring can seal. I just took my handy-dandy dremel and ground the pin down to average size (you can see about where it should be from any other ASA) and VOILA! problem solved.

KamikazePenguin
07-16-2002, 03:15 PM
when I say "pin", i mean if you were to look into the part where the tank screws in there is a little metal pin that sticks out, that is what pushes the pin on your tank valve in.

Krazy Ivan
07-16-2002, 03:53 PM
The Max-Flo's with the screw-in adaptor require a on/off. So you have 2 options, buy a remote line..(what I did), or you can buy a vert mount kit, and vert mount the reg. With it going vert, you can then get a drop with a screw-in adaptor that has a on/off built into it.

The remote is kind of cool because It rips so much weight off though.