PDA

View Full Version : level 10 leak

madfoo
07-16-2002, 03:12 AM
Hi all..

I was installing my level 10 tonight in my emag, but no matter what carrier I use, it still leaks down the barrel.

When I pull the trigger back, the leak stops. When I let go of the trigger, the bolt stutters and starts leaking again.

help....

Army
07-16-2002, 09:14 AM
Use the next longer bolt spring.

athomas
07-16-2002, 01:21 PM
Madfoo, how many spacer rings do you use? Take out the spacer rings if you have any in and see if it still leaks.

BlackVCG
07-16-2002, 05:07 PM
Remove all the shims and gas it up. It should NOT leak with a carrier that fits the o-ring tight on the bolt stem. Add shims if you have a problem with the bolt locking up on a ball when it pinches it and not recocking itself.

madfoo
07-16-2002, 08:54 PM
thanks for the advice, but it still is leaking..

oh well.. i have no clue why its not working.. it leaks down the barrel even with the 0 carrier and no shims whenever the trigger isnt depressed.. it doesn't even fire when the velocity is up.

i've just gone back to the stock configuration and it works fine..

paintballisking
07-17-2002, 10:32 AM
did you remove the power tube oring before instalation also the frist thing in did you put that plastic ring in i don't know if that is the problem but i would check this before scrapping the lvl 10

madfoo
07-17-2002, 11:23 PM
yeah, i took all the stock stuff out of the powertube.

athomas
07-19-2002, 04:19 PM
Well, let's get radical. Using the 0 carrier that you're using now, make sure its in with the o-ring towards the back. Make sure there is plenty of oil on the o-ring and the bolt stem. Turn the velocity up. Use the stock bolt spring. It should work without leaking with this configuration.

HungSolo
07-19-2002, 10:41 PM
I have the same problem. Mine leaks like crazy unless I hold the trigger down. Even using the 0 carrier, no shims, longest spring, lots of oil, and velocity turned up very high. I have all of the old parts out when I use lvl 10. It works fine with the stock RT valve stuff....

BlackVCG
07-19-2002, 11:08 PM
Are you guys sure you have the nylon backing washer placed in the powertube first and the side of the carrier that holds the o-ring is facing back towards the valve?

madfoo
07-19-2002, 11:46 PM
Yes, I've followed the instructions to the letter.. the washer first, the carrier all the way down with the o-ring towards the valve.. etc..

HungSolo
07-20-2002, 12:17 AM
yes, I am sure that the backing washer is in first, and that the oring side of the carrier is in on the valve side. I just found out that the part of the sbII that fits into the powertube (piston, plunger, whatever) is really loose on mine and actually comes apart from the rest of the bolt. Looks like I get to wait longer (one month is not enough) before I get LVL 10.

BlackVCG
07-20-2002, 02:09 AM
There's a been a few problems with those center pins coming out of the bolt. They've fixed it by loctiting all of them in once they found the problem. Your best bet is to just send in the bolt and get a replacement from AGD.