PDA

View Full Version : General Maintanence on a new RTP

Duke Henry
07-16-2002, 10:14 AM
Hello, I recently acquired a brand new RT PRO and I was just wondering what the general thoughts are on the best way to keep the gun working well, and overall - well maintained.

Now, in the manual it says that just putting the standard few drops into the ASA and shooting a few dozen times will keep the valve nice and lubed and is all most people will have to do. Now, every other previous gun I have ever used I would always like to tear down and manually lube up the parts (of course the RTP is much more "higher-end" than any guns I have owned in the past).

So, what are your thoughts on the best ways to keep the gun maintained and working well? Do you guys do complete tear downs, or just lube up the valve through the air system? Or, something else...

Thanks

TransMan
07-16-2002, 11:20 AM
The only time you need to do a complete tear down is if your having leaks and need to replace some orings. Any other time the few drops in the asa will do the job.

drx975
07-16-2002, 03:28 PM
Check for dirt/debris on the bolt and powertube, clean the gun, and make sure that the regulator seat and the area around it (including the regulator pin) is perfectly clean. This keeps your gun shooting consistent; if its dirty you can run into erratic velocity. I have kept mine very clean and have had no problems with velocity. Heck I havent ever had a problem with my gun, besides a leak which new orings fixed.