PDA

View Full Version : GlowinLCD:Bad Trade

Ariestsheft
07-16-2002, 02:28 PM
Well, on June 30th we made a deal for a 2k1 Cobra LCD Angel. I shipped out the money order on the following monday, July 1st. He claimed to send the gun that friday, July 5th, with no tracking #. I finnaly caught him on AIM and he said that the tracking # was in his car and signed off, never to return (he blocked me). He has yet to respond to 3 PM's I've sent him. He has been online numerus times and not answered any of my messages. I want my money back or some proof that the gun was sent at all.

Very Angry,

Steve

PaInTbAlLeR476
07-16-2002, 02:31 PM
Yeah he blocked him alright about 5 minutes ago he was online on my buddy list(i added him to make sure he didnt block arbei which he did) he was online on mine and not on arbeis list. I confronted him about 2 days ago and he went away came back 2 min later and got off. After i sent many IM's to him. Sounds bad to me. And from what Arbei told he he said that glowin told him he sent it 2nd day air.

Ariestsheft
07-16-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by RogueFactor
I guess 3rd party services on big items may be worth it.

Thats crappy he would do that!

Youre telling me, from now on its 3rd party or nothin on big stuff.

Ariestsheft
07-16-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by RogueFactor
Did you get a phone number? What is his AIM handle?

If it was a Postal Money Order, go the the Post Office and find out if you can do anything about stopping payment.

No phone #, his AIM Handle is Mansky1010. I was just on the phone with the post office and you cannot stop payment on Money orders. But it hasnt not been cashed yet. If it isnt cashed in 60 days i can get it back. I just hope i get the gun or the money. I dont want to get the police involved

Ariestsheft
07-23-2002, 02:15 PM
I just called the post office and the MO was cashed on the 9th. I had heard thru the grapevine that he never recieved the money, that was a total lie. I hate to do it but i think im gonna have to get the police involved. If your reading this Frank, I WANT MY ANGEL OR MY MONEY!

marley618
07-23-2002, 04:31 PM
I bought a retro valve from him and had no problems at all. It doesn't sound like him to do something like that.

Ariestsheft
07-23-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by marley618
I bought a retro valve from him and had no problems at all. It doesn't sound like him to do something like that.

Well, he has been avoiding me since the 5th. He refused to give me a tracking # and has not responded to several pm's and AIM messages. If you would be so kind, could you talk to him perhaps? He claimed that he never recieved the money, but i have conformation that the MO was cahsed and have had no contact for weeks. Despite your experience this transaction has been nothing but problems.

Ariestsheft
07-24-2002, 03:25 PM
Well, ive contacted my local police department. It seems that a charge of theft by deception can be brought against our friend Frank. I had hoped it would not come to this but i see no other way to solve this problem. Anyone have any ideas on strengthing my case?

midwikid
07-24-2002, 03:59 PM
i would document all that has been said between you and him

and tell me the adress ill go personally and get yer money that **** pisses me offf

Ariestsheft
07-24-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by midwikid
i would document all that has been said between you and him

and tell me the adress ill go personally and get yer money that **** pisses me offf

I have all of our PM's and the AIM convo saved and printed. PM me if you really want to go to his house.

CRog075
07-27-2002, 05:39 PM
What state does he live in? I hate people that steal that much money.

CRog075
07-27-2002, 05:41 PM
Oh **** I just saw he lives in Ohio, as do I. What city is he in, I can contact the police around here if he lives in Toledo as I do.

midwikid
07-27-2002, 05:45 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ariestsheft
07-27-2002, 05:57 PM
He lives in Youngstown, if thats any help. if you really want to go to his house, pm me and ill giv you the adress he sent me.

CRog075
07-27-2002, 06:02 PM
Lemme see if thats near me. BRB getting a map. Thats about a 4 hour drive from here, sorry bud. Did you get your money back at all? Oh yeah, PM me his addy and name, I can get you his phone number so you can call his parents.

Ariestsheft
07-27-2002, 06:09 PM
ok, thanks anyways. ill pm you his addy and what not.

Ariestsheft
08-10-2002, 08:14 AM
After being offline for about a month GlowinLCD was online yesterday. He read of my PM's but didn'nt reply. Anyone else have any suggestions for how to get this guy? Im waiting on the conformation that the MO was cashed.

SpyderMan86
08-13-2002, 11:34 PM
If you guys were doing this transaction via USPS there is a form you can fill out online to complain about mail fraud.

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/MailFraudComplaint.htm

Just go to that site and fill it out, if you would rather make it secure just scroll all the way down to the bottom and click on the "File a Mail Fraud Complaint" and it should make it a secure page. Hope this helps you out with your situation.

Snakex
08-14-2002, 01:10 AM
you have his name and address correct?

The first thing I ould do Is look up his phone number. Many online places can do a search for you as long as its not unlisted.

Secondly, the moderaters of this forum have his ip address, you can use that to contact his isp and file a complaint through them as well. If he loses internet service that could hurt him too.

His ip can also be used in police and fbi searches. How much money were scammed for, the amount greatly depends on who you can get to help.

Another thing you should do is mapquest his address and find the nearest police department to him, contact them and describe your case to them. If the police come knocking at his door im sure he will think twice.

if you need anything else im me at bmath10428 or email at bmath50@adelphia.net.

I have not had to deal with fraud but I have watched over many discussions involving fraud in car forums, especially one regarding a man named aron front who scammed people for well over 100k.

Bryan Mathews

Ariestsheft
08-14-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Snakex
you have his name and address correct?

The first thing I ould do Is look up his phone number. Many online places can do a search for you as long as its not unlisted.

I already tried that.

Secondly, the moderaters of this forum have his ip address, you can use that to contact his isp and file a complaint through them as well. If he loses internet service that could hurt him too.

Now this i havent tried, i will look into it.

His ip can also be used in police and fbi searches. How much money were scammed for, the amount greatly depends on who you can get to help.

Another thing you should do is mapquest his address and find the nearest police department to him, contact them and describe your case to them. If the police come knocking at his door im sure he will think twice.

I did exactly that and his local police department gave me some bs line that they cant do anything, so ive got my local police involved. (luckily i live in a small town and know all the cops)

if you need anything else im me at bmath10428 or email at bmath50@adelphia.net.

I have not had to deal with fraud but I have watched over many discussions involving fraud in car forums, especially one regarding a man named aron front who scammed people for well over 100k.

Bryan Mathews

marley618
08-14-2002, 07:14 PM
Just to let your know his AIM screen name is GlowinLCD now. Are you sure the package wasn't lost in the mail? He is a very nice guy and I doubt he would rip anyone off. Why don't you call him and ask him about it. It would be much easier than doing everything over the internet. Hopefully this won't turn into the same thing that happened to FactsOfLife, where a good guy isnt contacted properly and his reputation gets ruined.

When I was trading with him he didn't get online much and when he was he didn't stay on long. So call his house, and don't be pissed, just ask nicely. Nobody wants to talk to someone that is mad.

subbeh
08-14-2002, 09:18 PM
Just to let your know his AIM screen name is GlowinLCD now. Are you sure the package wasn't lost in the mail? He is a very nice guy and I doubt he would rip anyone off. Why don't you call him and ask him about it. It would be much easier than doing everything over the internet. Hopefully this won't turn into the same thing that happened to FactsOfLife, where a good guy isnt contacted properly and his reputation gets ruined.

When I was trading with him he didn't get online much and when he was he didn't stay on long. So call his house, and don't be pissed, just ask nicely. Nobody wants to talk to someone that is mad.

And you wouldn't be...?

PaInTbAlLeR476
08-16-2002, 01:51 PM
im arbies friend
and just to let you know we have tried many times to get in contact w. him. we cannot find his phone number anywere.. everytime arbie tryes to chat w/ him on AIM he either ignores him or signes off. The same for me, i have tryied to contact him for arbie w/ no luck. Like arbie said he filed a case w/ his local police. This has been going on for atleadt a month if glowin is innocent he would have answered all Arbies PM's. Instead he just reads them and does nothing. he is odviusly trying to hide something.

CRog075
08-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Get info from his IP. I know theres sites where you can enter an IP and get lots of information. Have a MOD get his IP from this board or someting.

Ariestsheft
08-16-2002, 03:53 PM

If this guy is such a great trader why wont he answer ANY of my pm's. he has read at least one of them. the rest he wont even read. As for his phone #, i havnt been able to find squat. i guess he is such a low life he doesnt have a phone or its unlisted. either way i cant contact him. If you would be so kind martlyvariousnumbers, why dont you contact him for me since he wont contact me directly, or are you in trying to help him out?. My email addy is eskculberson@earthlink.net if you wanna pass it on to him.

Over all ive been screwed on this deal.

steve

Arrival
08-17-2002, 03:45 AM
I was recently a visitor to this forum untill just a few moments ago when I had finished reading this topic; I couldn't stand to have all my opinions not heard, so that's how I got started here.
It just sickens me to hear about this crap... and does so even more to hear that the scammers get away with it. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in either retrieving your money or your Cobra Angel. If you don't recieve either of those, I sure hope the scammer gets tracked down and gets what he has coming to him.

cris8762
08-31-2002, 04:18 PM
uh...was this ever resolved? because i can talk to him on aim right now if ya want me too....

Ariestsheft
08-31-2002, 04:36 PM
No, it wasnt, he never unblocked me or responded to my pms. Feel free to contact him and if he by some miracle responds, tell him to contact me for gods sake!

thanks