PDA

View Full Version : polish

BajaBoy
07-16-2002, 03:33 PM
i was bored 2day so i got out my old powdercoated standard feed body.. took the black off and im down 2 the metal.. it looks really good in the sun, you cant really look at it but inside its kinda.. um theres some bright silver then theres some darker silver.. whats up with this? should i keep using the fine fine sand paper? oh and i have a crome.. rust remover/polish i used it and it worked good.. anything else i can do?

oh its cut down right and i think would work great for a warp, thats why i did it..

Muzikman
07-16-2002, 03:35 PM
Use Brasso...found at any hardware store...it will clean that up pretty good..but remember, no matter what you do it will still not be a chrome finish.

Jammin James
07-16-2002, 03:55 PM
what is brasso? is that drain cleaner?

athomas
07-16-2002, 04:17 PM
Original bodies are bead blasted for a durable finish. I don't know if the body was sanded smooth before the powder coating so I'll assume it wasn't.

- Remove the powder coat using paint stripper.
- Sand the body with 300 grit sandpaper until all bead marks are gone and body is roughly smooth.
- Sand the body with 600 grit sandpaper until all 300 grit marks are gone. The body should be dull shine now.
- Polish the body with crome polish.

If you follow these steps, the body will shine like a mirror.

BajaBoy
07-16-2002, 04:58 PM
thanx every one.. what i did was sanded all the black of till i was at the gray finish.. then i used really corse paper and it made it a really dull silver.. i thoght that was all i could do but i didnt like it so i took if back off my gun and i dropped it. and it had a big scratch and i saw there was more i have 2 take off.. but i was lazy and didnt wanna send so i used a fine metal file.. and filed the whole thing lol it didnt look that bad very shiny but u know.. so then i took the finest paper i had.. not sure what it was but i sanded it from ther intill i saw my reflection.. then i used a crome rust remover/polish crap and a buffer.. now i think its as shiny as the ones u can buy.. not sure but ill find out as soon as my polished virt feed gets here..