PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your paint?

yellowducky
07-16-2002, 04:07 PM
What web site do you buy your paint at and why? Or, do you buy it at Walmart, Meijer, ect. Do they package the paint well to minimize breaks (have you had any breaks)?

Also, if you know what paint works best in an All American barrel for under $60 (shipping included), I'd appreciate your opinion.

TransMan
07-16-2002, 07:18 PM
I get my paint at the field because my field is FPO

MrMag
07-16-2002, 11:07 PM
www.predatorpaintball.com predator paint!! $32.00 AND IT ROCKS

petefol
07-17-2002, 12:03 AM
http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/INDEX.ASP "Our Paint is Guaranteed: If you get broken paint in your box, contact us and we will ship out a replacement immediately." (never ordered from here)
and http://www.paintballgear.com has proball platinum for 40$ a case, ive ordered from pbgear.com and there was only 1-2 broken balls in 2 of the bags, and maybe 10 balls that i couldnt use. the packing was ok tho.
i would buy paint at a local store but the only places i can are sports authority (crappy paint for 80$ a case) or from the army navy or paintball store, which are also around 80$ a case of marbs, 60$ for a case of bigball. MrMag, is that the right link, it didnt work for me.

MrMag
07-17-2002, 12:23 AM
oops, here is the right link

http://www.predator-paintball.com/

this is seconds paint...............but it is still good. ask liigod

AcemanPB
07-17-2002, 12:53 AM
i order from shop4paintball.com they have good prices plus they aren't too far away, so if i call in the order before noon i will get it the next day!

last order i bought 5 cases and 1 case had 1 break in it, everything was packaged well (the ups guy was like man this is a heavy package *SLAM* here you go, i wanted to punch him)

excessenemy
07-17-2002, 07:24 AM
i get all mine from action village. they pack it very well. never got any that were broken.

alkafluence
07-17-2002, 08:44 AM
To clarify something...

Action Village is paintballgear.com/pbgear.com

mykroft
07-17-2002, 09:13 AM
FPO everywhere I play, although for the occasional BYOP day, I get mine at www.badlandspaintball.com

petefol
07-17-2002, 02:17 PM
badlandspaintball charges 120$ for a 2000 case of marbs...

yellowducky
07-17-2002, 02:25 PM
yeah, that badlandspaintball is way overpriced! Shop4paintball has great prices on JT Maxim (52.95 for 2000) and shipping for me is $10.10. I think I'll try some of that paint b/c people say it's comparable to Marbs.

petefol
07-17-2002, 02:48 PM
yeah jt maxims are great but all jt's other paint isnt too good. the maxims are made by rp scherer the same way that marbs are.

ttoad4000t
07-17-2002, 03:45 PM
www.xpaintball.com

$45 for a case of PMI Premiums, perfect packaging, not one break, got it in 3 days with ground shipping, i highly reccommend them!

WicKeD_WaYz
07-17-2002, 03:49 PM
XS practice paint...32 a case :D :D

Kevmaster
07-17-2002, 10:15 PM
im a dealer, so i get all mine from Paintball Inc and they package it real well on those pallets :)

im sorry, i know this doesnt help, but i just thought i would add it in there

sonicnofadz
07-18-2002, 12:51 AM
I NEVER buy paint off the web. I do not do this because of four reasons:

1.) Too expensive. If you buy paint off the web, chances are that they will always tack on around a 10 dollar shipping and handling charge (paint is pretty heavy...). The price difference between your local pro shop and web paint isn't very big if you add on the shipping and handling.

2.) Takes too damn long. You can obtain your case(s) of paint instantly if you just buy it locally.

3.) The quality of the paint your buying is NOT guaranteed. Whenever I buy paint locally, it is always first inspected for quality (breaks and such). If you order offline, they usually have some kind of agreement saying that you have to accept the paint with NO chance of any kind of refund (meaning if it comes all busted up,your screwed).

4.) You get to help out your local pro shop if you buy locally rather than by mail. Not really a good reason bit having a good local paintball store around is always handy, but wouldn't be possible if everyone bought their paint through the mail.

edwards888
07-18-2002, 09:49 AM
I will have to agree with Sonic. Don't get me wrong, I love the net and their prices, but I don't want my shop going out of business due to lack of sales. So, if I can bring my own paint, I get it from On Target Sports in Lindenwald, NJ. $72+tax a case(2000) for RPS All Stars. My favorite paint! Most of their premium paint is that price: Diablo, El Tigre, etc.

TransMan
07-18-2002, 10:16 AM
OK someone said that Maxims are made the same way as marbs are they as hard as marbs cause marbs are way to friggin hard.

petefol
07-18-2002, 03:35 PM
i dont think maxims are really hard. when i had my case i shot about a hopper full at some trees in my back yard that were about 20 yards away and all the balls broke. then my gun broke for about a month and by the time i used the rest of the maxims they were a little stale. if you get some and they bounce too much just open up the case and leave it open for a night, if they are too brittle but a glass of water in the case (position it so it wont spill) and leave it for a night.

puckmaster
07-18-2002, 03:39 PM
I buy it from my local store because i get a employee discount so i can get a case of el tigre or marbas for around $50 to $60 and sometimes even lower.

joeyjoe367
07-18-2002, 06:30 PM
I buy my paint from www.paintballgear.com (action village).

Great americans paintballs are $35/case + like $10 shipping. Great paint. The orange is glittery, and looks JUST like Hellfire :)

Pretty round also, not oblong, etc... They did a great job of packing it also. Not a single break, and there was like 5 inches of styrofoam peanuts in every direction. :)

Imma go shoot this stuff this weekend and see how it goes.

Jack Napier
07-18-2002, 07:20 PM
I support my local shop and buy my paint from them.

IR3_Valkyrie
07-19-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by yellowducky
yeah, that badlandspaintball is way overpriced! Shop4paintball has great prices on JT Maxim (52.95 for 2000) and shipping for me is $10.10. I think I'll try some of that paint b/c people say it's comparable to Marbs.
dude, badlands paintball is in canada, those are the prices in CANADIAN dollars, thats like around 60 bucks in us dollars

IR3_Valkyrie
07-19-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by TransMan
OK someone said that Maxims are made the same way as marbs are they as hard as marbs cause marbs are way to friggin hard.

maxims arent made the same way, theyre encapsulated by RPScherer (i think) for JT. Maxims are special in that they have no seam like all other paintballs, supposedly this makes them perfectly round and more accurate than a paintball with seams

peep1337
07-21-2002, 04:03 PM
I get my paint from my store by my house. I can talk them down up to $30 if i find a better price on the internet. aint that somethin.

joseph