PDA

View Full Version : My mag sounds like a magnum

speedyejl
07-16-2002, 04:50 PM
OK this is sorta a weird but any whoo. I was playing a couple days ago and during a game this weird shiet happened. I fired normaly and my mag was like BOOOM! and i almost dropped it. I mean it was loud as hell every one stopped when they heard it and I was on a big woods ball field. I dont know what caused it but if I would wait about 5min from my last shot it would always do this. THe ref chronoed me at 425 which is as high as the handheld ones go. Every other shot was around 280. I have no clue whats goin on. I was using co2 cause i lent my friend my nitro could that be it

BlackVCG
07-16-2002, 05:19 PM
You need to replace your reg. seat. It's the hockey puck shaped thing inbetween the two valve halves. What's wrong is it's not sealing properly and so when you let it sit, air slowly leaks past it when it's suppose to be sealed off and raises the pressure in the valve, so that when you shoot it, you get a hot first shot. The next shots are low because the gun hasn't sat long enough for air to leak past the seat and into the valve to raise the pressure.