PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Tom, SFL/level 10 questions for you.

Load SM5
07-16-2002, 06:52 PM
I e-mailed Marsha yesterday to make sure my old superbolt, that I mailed in a month or so back, made it in safe. I also slipped in a question about the availability of the level 10 kits for the SFL/Extreems. Her response was that there was no ETA for the level 10 kits for SFL/Extreems, but I could order a kit for the regular e-mags.

Ok, here are the questions...

Are the Extreem bolts being maunfactured? Will they be available in any forseeable future?

If I order the kit will there be an option for the Extreem bolt later?

Is the kit Manny running in his SFL and having good luck with the standard mag Beta kit? Or is he just running a kit in his retromag?

I understand the smaller diameter bolt will cause a little blowback, but as I am running a standard E-mag bolt now I can continue to live with that.

The reason I ask this is that I have a 10 man coming up and the team has opted for some pretty brittle paint. If the extreem kits will be available in a matter of weeks I can hold out. If I'm looking at months I may need to go ahead and pony up the dough now.

I guess the big question is..What would you do in my shoes?

Thanks.

AGD
07-16-2002, 07:02 PM
All the SFL bolts had excessive brazing on them and had to be sent back for redo. They just came in this morning and I inspected them personally. We should be building the kits for them this week with all the others. With luck it will ship in a couple days.

AGD

Load SM5
07-16-2002, 07:05 PM
Oh excellent! Thank you so very much. I will crawl back into my corner and wait patiently.

hawpunch
07-16-2002, 08:20 PM
that's the best news i've heard in a while. i sent in my superbolt to my sfl a while back...hopefully i'll be able to get my kit by next week ;).

aloha,

jae park

spacemanspiff
07-16-2002, 08:58 PM
So the extreme LVL10 bolts are different then the regular LVL10 bolts. If so whats the difference cause I just got my lv10 how do I know if its the one for the SFL. Or will the one I have now work fine till the extreme botls are released? I havn't had any problems yet put a case throught it and not one chop. Even leaned the gun on its side and shot it not one chop even while purposely misfeeding it.

Load SM5
07-16-2002, 09:00 PM
level 10 bolts have a slightly larger diameter. The only thing you might experience will be a slight bit of blowback.

spacemanspiff
07-16-2002, 09:15 PM
Okay I gotcha kinda like what happens when I put the regular foamie bolt in. Only difference is even with blow back I shouldn't have to worry:) no choppy chop. I checked the bolt that I got with kit and it seems to be about the same as the foamie that I took out maybe a little bigger not much. How tight would the extreme bolt fit in the SFL? Would there be aitlle play around the edge when its installed or would it fit snug in there? LOL Tom must get tired of all these questions:p