PDA

View Full Version : Battery Pack Milling

BenD
07-16-2002, 09:08 PM
While back I saw a battery pack milled...

anyone have a pic or know where I can see a battery pack milled?

Thanks a lot guys,

I'd love to get an Emag Extreme (just like Pand0ra's) and then carve some off the battery pack ;)

Thanks again

Ityl
07-16-2002, 10:15 PM
There really isn't a lot of meat on the battery pack. The casing of the battery pack isn't very heavy either, the actual battery is. All you can really do is some design on it and not very deep which anyone that mills bodies of any kind could do. I think g3pb does em, if I remember correctly.

Cliffio
07-17-2002, 12:07 AM
1 word

dremel

Cliff

BenD
07-17-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Cliffio
1 word

dremel

Cliff

that'd be ok if you want it to look like a POS, such as a Ice Adrenalin LCD Angel #149 :D (joke)

ok, I'll see if G3pb has any pictures.... I thought I saw someone mill like finger groves in the front, that'd be cool

Cliffio
07-17-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by BenD

that'd be ok if you want it to look like a POS, such as a Ice Adrenalin LCD Angel #149 :D (joke)

ouch:)

Cliff

BenD
07-17-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Cliffio

ouch:)

Cliff

Im jokin, Im jokin...

I didnt see any pics at G3pb, geuss I'll email them

CpSuPeRkId
07-17-2002, 01:37 AM
ya i think there should be SOME milling on it, perhaps a cool looking AGD logo, ANYTHING, its justa flat square. people always say its stupid, well lets make it cool so they dont say that.

vf-xx
07-17-2002, 09:41 AM
I'm getting my new battery case milled. On the other hand it is a custom case with a gas through behind the battery. Built completely from scratch by Brad_AGD @ PB Maxx.

I'll put picts up as soon as its done.

manike
07-17-2002, 10:20 AM
Some different prototype milled battery packs for you.

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/aztec2.jpg

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/custom1.jpg

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/batterypack2938.jpg

:)

manike

BenD
07-17-2002, 02:01 PM
the very bottom picture is sooo beutiful

any more?

magman007
07-17-2002, 03:14 PM
the botoom one is amazingly beautiful! i want it now now now!

Jonno06
07-17-2002, 04:34 PM
i want an emag:(

Cliffio
07-17-2002, 05:02 PM
actually i disagree, i think that the body milling is cool but the battery pack milling lacks, altho the third one is the better of the three

i would give it a 6 or so on the milling scale

but its good to see that they are planning on doing something with the battery packs if for no other reason than weight

Cliff

FutureMagOwner
07-17-2002, 05:54 PM
i happen to like the first and is it just me or is the 2nd one rounded:confused:

TheMagMan
07-17-2002, 05:59 PM
I like my Pro-team battery pack.

(one pictured isn't mine)

BenD
07-17-2002, 06:00 PM
yeah it's rounded and hideously ugly if you ask me.....

I think it was kinda a joke though, the milling on the body looks kinda rough....

How many emag's are out there???

anyone know?

emag2002
07-17-2002, 06:30 PM
here is the pro team emag

manike
07-18-2002, 03:40 AM
I said that they were prototypes. The trouble with the battery pack is that there isn't much metal in the areas that you want to mill... it's in areas you don't want to cut into...

Originally posted by BenD
yeah it's rounded and hideously ugly if you ask me.....

I think it was kinda a joke though, the milling on the body looks kinda rough....

lMAO, and exactly why I'm not in favour of showing some of the prototype stuff to you guys because you make assumptions about it without being able to understand what it will look like when finished.

That VERY body that you think is a joke is the one which Tom has been touting around and is known as 'Bad Blue'. As per...

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/cnc_blue2.jpg

manike

P4ULuk
07-18-2002, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by manike
I said that they were prototypes. The trouble with the battery pack is that there isn't much metal in the areas that you want to mill... it's in areas you don't want to cut into...

lMAO, and exactly why I'm not in favour of showing some of the prototype stuff to you guys because you make assumptions about it without being able to understand what it will look like when finished.

That VERY body that you think is a joke is the one which Tom has been touting around and is known as 'Bad Blue'. As per...

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/cnc_blue2.jpg

manike

Every time I see that picture I have to mop up my drool!! :D:D

Paul.

FutureMagOwner
07-18-2002, 08:56 AM
i like the color on pand0ras better but that still mouth dropping

also i wouldnt want a milled battery pack or atleast not a design on it because the sleak surface fits with it(maybe it could be milled to look like the rest of the gun but that would look out of place in my opinion)

BenD
07-18-2002, 12:32 PM
Oh yeah, I'd take Pand0ra's over any other paintball marker I've ever seen....

his is soooooo slick...

but I would of done a Halo B and one of those No rises instead of warp, warp hides the perty body...

-------------
sorry about that manike. i do have a tendency to skim :eek:

but that gold one, (mabye i should go read again) is that one someone's personal gun? that thing is soooooooo nice :)