PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Bumpers and Level 10

kilaueakid
07-17-2002, 01:47 AM
Has anyone noticed ecessive wear to their rubber bumpers(retro valve) when using level 10? I have noticed more wear, however I am using the longest spring as well and it is possible that it is putting more force on the bumper. Just curious?

nerobro
07-17-2002, 02:22 AM
ARe you sure it's wear and not just a change in the shape of the impression in the bumper. the bolt is undercut in the back, so it will only press against the bumper in the middle. It'll leave a crease in the bumper...

TransMan
07-17-2002, 02:25 AM
i havnt noticed any excessive wear

virus
07-17-2002, 02:33 AM
all i know is that with my retro i need to change the bumper about every 4-5 cases through it.....

time for me to order some more now that i think of it

BradPalooza
07-17-2002, 08:30 AM
I talked to him about it yesterday. It's actually cutting the center hole in the bumper LARGER. He said he put a new one in it and it cut out the middle after about 3 cases.
-Brad

[FE]Memnock
07-17-2002, 09:26 AM
I'm having this very same issue. After 3-4 cases or so, the center of the bumper peels out in a perfect ring. I've had to replace 2 already. Are we safe using the old blue bumpers? I have plenty of those...

cphilip
07-17-2002, 09:34 AM
Have not looked yet but sure will. Only used the RT now about a case or so with lvl 10 in it and not in the emag yet. Interesting. May be something for the field reports threads or link in the all info thread.

Lets hear back from everyone on this issue. Check those bumpers after each case and let us know. Beta testing continues to some degree then! :)

(note to self: Place order for some extra bumpers next order)

paintballisking
07-17-2002, 09:40 AM
its fine on my minimag i put a case thru it so far maor this weekend

complicationjack
07-17-2002, 09:47 AM
i have only run a case through since putting the lvl 10 in my retro...

im sure it has to do with the spring your using too...

i have the regular bolt spring on and little to no difference in wear on the bumper...

BradPalooza
07-17-2002, 10:47 AM
Memnock, No to the blue bumpers. I called and asked about that a while back. They said something could crack because they are harder than the clear ones.
-Brad

[FE]Memnock
07-17-2002, 11:31 AM
Right'o then! Thanks Brad! Time to put in an order for a bag of bumpers. ;)

Kila, did you get your SFL back so you don't have to blaspheme and play with that Angel? :) Didn't see you guys at #3 PB. Time conflicts? We missed being walked on by you guys in the prelims! Hope things are well.

BlackVCG
07-17-2002, 01:28 PM
The urethane bumpers are almost too soft that they do get really beat up after a lot of use in comparison to the blue bumper.

Despite how mangled it looks, as long as it's still a circle and not split all the way through so that it won't stay on the valve, then there's no need to replace it.

Don't use blue bumpers. They cause the bolt to bounce off them and smack the sear. With high ROF and the fact that the RT sear is harder (more brittle) than the Mag sear, you can crack the sear or chip off part of the bolt latching surface.

kilaueakid
07-17-2002, 01:33 PM
Memnock,

We went to a 5 man tourny down in Iowa this last weekend and couldn't be at the PB #3. Oh well. Yes I have my gun back and am very happy about using it instead of my angel.

rob

magman007
07-17-2002, 03:24 PM
YOU BACK !!!! WOOOT!!! i was wondering where you were! well, i havnt noticed any real wear on my bumper so...

Sinnet
07-17-2002, 05:02 PM
:confused: rubber baby buggy bumpers?:confused: