PDA

View Full Version : Warp question

K-villeplayer
07-17-2002, 08:16 AM
If the feed neck on the standard feed mag were cut down so you could get the right ball stack and not have the 90* adapter way in the air, would it work better than a power feed. The reason I ask is b/c I have both bodies and if the standard feed will work better I will sell the p/f body. Would this work and would it be worth the trouble.

Another question is; wouldn't the power feed being way in the air like the picture, take away from the benefit of the warp? By taking away the benefit I mean that there would be more balls in the stack causing the warp to have to push more. Would having a cut-down standard feed (like a standard feed cocker) with the warp feeding directly into it, work better than the p/f? I know with the p/f being in the air and all it would make the ball stack longer and with the standard it would almost be feeding directly into the breech.

Any help on any of this would be appreciated. Also if you need clarification on what i am talking about, just ask. Thanks.

cphilip
07-17-2002, 08:21 AM
Yes well...you been hiding under a rock? :D

That is why they make the "Warp Feed body"! Its a opposite side hopper feed tube that is cut down and you feed the warp tube into the bottom and use a regular PF plug into the top to control the feed. It's already been done. And yes its the prefered set up. It's a bit better. Less profile for certain.

Will it work better than a standard feed cut down? Not realy. About the same. Ball bobble is pretty much eliminated in the positive feed pressure of the Warp so its not realy gonna make any difference how it feeds. But the ability to turn the feed of the balls off with the PF plug sure makes the PF body cut down to a Warp body a better choice. Othrewise you got no way to turn off the flow without turning off the warp.

K-villeplayer
07-17-2002, 08:30 AM
I knew they made the warp bodies, I just had a standard laying around and didn't want to go through the trouble of buying a new body (those are expensive). I figured if I did it this way, I would even have a little extra money laying around, or better yet, in the bank for when i get a car.

cphilip
07-17-2002, 08:40 AM
hehe just kidding ya K!

Sure it will work! but like I said cutting off the ball flow will be your only draw back. But what have you got to lose right? DO it!!!

lunchbox
07-17-2002, 11:35 AM
you could also go to the classified section and try trading the powerfeed left body you have now for a powerfeed right or warp body.. just another option and when you get the pf/r body just order on of these http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=88&CATID=6 if you dont already have one and 3 dollars wont break the bank. but if your not to cool on cutting try the trade and plug but if you want to cut bewarned you might go from having a frame you can trade to having garbage noone would touch.
also bodies are real common on the classified forums and powerfeed right which is what you need is very common its the left that you have that isnt to common so you might get a trade.

K-villeplayer
07-17-2002, 11:43 AM
Thanks Lunchbox, I already put up my body on the forums (that just doesn't sound right for some reason, hehe). I will see if anyone has a trade.

PaInTbAlLeR476
07-17-2002, 11:59 AM
Hey thats a pic of me holding areishefts(i know i spelled that wrong) gun.

K-villeplayer
07-17-2002, 12:26 PM
I got it off of pbreview.com i think.

PaInTbAlLeR476
07-17-2002, 12:31 PM
yeah its over there.

K-villeplayer
07-17-2002, 12:32 PM
By the way, how is the warp working out for whoever it is like it is set up now? I was thinking of setting mine up like that or like the standard feed way i was talking about in a this thread.

hitech
07-17-2002, 12:40 PM
I have mine on a PF hopper right body (you can see a picture if you clikc on the link in my sig). It works fine. I wouldn't mind having a warp feed body, but don't want to spend the money right now. Maybe the first time I get hit in the top of the PF. ;)

Ariestsheft
07-17-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by K-villeplayer
By the way, how is the warp working out for whoever it is like it is set up now? I was thinking of setting mine up like that or like the standard feed way i was talking about in a this thread.

Thats my mag. I feel like a proud father.... Anyways, shortly after i got the mag how i liked it i got a cocker, but for the time i shot the mag that way i liked it.

rjvemt1
07-17-2002, 07:09 PM
That is why they make the "Warp Feed body"! i dont like p/f bodies because i like to sight down the barrel.i cut my stardard feed and it works perfecto.'k' didnt you start another thread on this topic in the tech forum?i explained my set up on that one.check it out ill post pics asap.

K-villeplayer
07-18-2002, 08:07 AM
Yeah, I made a thread in the tech forum but after 2 days of sitting there, I decided to post it in the forum where everyone comes. This way I got some helpful feedback.

rjvemt1 I read your post in the tech forum. Once you get a pic of it, post it in either place. Thanks.

rjvemt1
07-31-2002, 09:38 PM
sorry it took so long

rjvemt1
07-31-2002, 09:48 PM
front

K-villeplayer
08-01-2002, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the pics rjvemt1. DOes it work well with the hyper frame? At least that is what your frame looks like. Correct me if I am wrong.