PDA

View Full Version : Jammed Barrel!

Greg98
07-17-2002, 01:25 PM
hey. i just got my 10" DYE Aluminum in the mail, and when i first put it on my gun, it was difficult to get and remove. now i put it on, and it's completely jammed, it just won't budge. when i turn it, only half of the barrels "hole" that the balls drop through, is showing, making it impossible for the balls to feed. if anyone has had this problem before, how did you solve it? i'd really like to go try the barrel out! thanks alot AO, you guys rock!

alkafluence
07-17-2002, 01:34 PM
Rather than trying to force it in more- if you can get it out right now that would be the preferrable option. The remedy to this is lubing up the two o-rings and the bolt end of the barrel. This should remove all difficulty in inserting and removing the barrel for the near future.

If it's stuck both ways at the moment, you're going to have to use good old fashioned brute force to remove it before being able to lube the two o-rings.

petefol
07-17-2002, 01:39 PM
try taking apart your mag so the twist lock assembly comes out, that may be causing the barrel to be stuck.

synreal
07-17-2002, 01:40 PM
you may need to take your body off of the rail and loosen your twist lock assembly a bit.

RT-Rockin
07-17-2002, 01:53 PM
What I have always seen is that when I put a barrel on and only half the hole is showing when I've finished twisting is that I used the wrong twist-lock groove on the barrel. You may want to try twisting the barrel the opposite way as normal and then pull it out and use the right groove.

Hope that helped.

Rockin

Greg98
07-17-2002, 02:17 PM
wow! thanks for the quick replies everyone! i tried lubing it all up, that didn't work. so i ended up taking the body off and then twisting the barrel out. thanks alot for your help. also, after reading through some other threads, i've seen someone try filing out the groove to make it easier to go on, can anyone recommend doing this? again, thanks alot for your help AO!!!!:)

RT-Rockin
07-17-2002, 02:35 PM
I wouldn't advise doing that. Unless you have a way to measure it and see if DYE is not making it to the spec Tom set forth. Precision components and all I would leave it alone. Once you put the barrel on and off a few times it will loosen the o-rings a little and it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Rockin

Krazy Ivan
07-17-2002, 02:57 PM
I found that if the screw holding your grip frame is even a few mm too long that you can get your barrel in there really tight also. So that might also be a slight problem fixed by a small washer.

WicKeD_WaYz
07-17-2002, 03:48 PM
he is right...actually i just had this problem on saturday...unscrew your trigger frame screw like 1/4 of a turn.

Greg98
07-17-2002, 09:16 PM
thanks alot for your help guys! everything is working great now. i sure am glad i bought my mag, easy to fix, and if i have a problem it can be solved with a little online help from the AO community! thanks again for your help everyone!

RetroEclipseMan
07-18-2002, 12:41 PM
Where did you find you Dye 10" aluminum and for how much? All i can find is a 12". Was looking for something a little shorter than my 14" boomstick to play speedball with.

Greg98
07-18-2002, 02:14 PM
i posted alot of barrels wanted ads in all the regular forums.....i ended up getting a PM from someone on paintballcity for my 10" DYE Aluminum. the only advice i can offer you is to go to the barrels for sale sections on www.pbreview.com www.paintballcity.com automags.org of course :) www.pbantion.com and try www.pballcanada.com (thats one of my favorite sites, and if you're american you can buy stuff cheap with our dollar the way it is) and simply post want to buy ads, i can almost guarantee something will come up. good luck!

ps- i bought mine for 35 USD. of course it's used, but for the shape it's in thats one helluva deal!