PDA

View Full Version : new mag owner :):) ... i need help

CrZmX
07-17-2002, 08:12 PM
hey all.. i just got a new minimag and i need help....

i have 68 carbine (tippmann) real good condition.. with polished internals and sniper barrel and new spring.. also tank and hopper .. how much should i sell it for? please help me

and... i have tippmann custom 98 used once.. it has double trigger. 14inch barrel and flat line barrel.. all parts and everything and comes with tank and hopper... please help me again how much should i sell it for?.. please help :)

and one more thing i have a plain minimag body.. what should i get for gun.. i figure rt valve... intelli frame ... warpfeed... what else.. like barrel .. and tank... what not.. thnx again .. once again please help me..:):)

Load SM5
07-17-2002, 08:22 PM
Can't help you the prices. Go to a few other forums and see what others are selling those guns for and adjust your price based on what theirs are going for.

As far as upgrades for your mag goes... In order I'd get:

1. A good barrel to go with your paint if the stock barrel does'nt do it for you.
2. A 12 volt revvy if you don't have one.
3. a decent 68/3000 nitro tank

Everything else can come in the order you want them although the intelliframe would be my next choice.

hostage
07-17-2002, 08:23 PM
Get a ReTro valve and not an RT, two different things i am pretty sure. The ReTro from what i hear can only work on the classic and 68 mag, they are the same thing, but made to fit differently in an RT body and a classic body.

I would say get a Dye Boomstick, that made the biggest difference for me.

I have a booyaah frame and that is the coolest thing on there, the ones who hate it don't know how to put it on. Also I helped a guy fix his and he likes it!

All in all with the ReTro, I didn't notice any difference, at worst I can see the balls drop off.

Well I hope this helps, btw if you don't have nitro get it, also it is all opinions!

-Hostage

Will Wood
07-17-2002, 08:35 PM
I would not get a ReTro. Well a ReTro valve is probably the most amazing thing to shoot ever, even more fun then Angels...Just stick with the Intelli IMO. If money is no object for you, get it! But otherwise. I would much rather spend that 200/300 on paint.

Warp feed will be good to help you keep in the game...No hopper hits, and it makes your gun look cooler to newbies.

A good HPA tank. Co2 will be the crap in a Mag..It works, but if you want the full advatage of a mag..get a HPA tank. If you are a cheapo...get a Pure Energy 68/3000 steel. It is around 120 new. I think. It is a great tank, I have one. May be a little heavy, but we are all big boys here I think you can handle it.

Barrel---Well If you play around alot...Freak is the answer. If you tend to stay at one feild and use the same paint alot..I would get a Dye or something that matches your preferance paint good. If you are goind to do tournies...Freak is your freind. I will be much worth the whole week of work it will take me to get.

As for selling the guns...Put them on Ebay if you can...If not ask your local feild what you could get for them. It might be much, but you could get some good upgrades with teh cash from them.

Welcome to AO

MrAirgunRT
07-17-2002, 09:22 PM
I say almost definitely get retro, even if before intelliframe. I am a mag lover at heart, but I would not use a mag unless it was retro or emag or w/e. The intelliframe is nice to have, but wont really give you much performance, but the retro valve will, by alot. Ya dig it? Also if money is not a factor for you, the tank and barrel I would choose are: JJ Edge Barrel System, and a Crossfire 68/4500 Tank. Crossfire tanks are the best tanks for mags in my opinion.

And I don't know how much you should sell those other markers for.

Wc Keep
07-17-2002, 09:24 PM
nitro duck tanks are also very good steel tanks with a very good price. i got my 68 3000 for 130 and its a good tank. a double trigger frame would do well for you also. i use a benchy and love it but i hear that the intelli is the best way to go.

hostage why would you put a retro valve with a booyah? it doesnt create the hybrid mode found on emags if thats what you were going for.

BajaBoy
07-18-2002, 12:54 AM
get a nice tank.. and barrel 2 start with.. if your new 2 a mag wait a lil later for the retro.. like when u understand it all.. oh and hopper and trigger frame helps;)

DiRTyBuNNy
07-18-2002, 12:59 AM
hhhmmmm..me...well..I know what i did...went Retro and Intelli at the same time..don't you all just love credit cards...i do...hehehhee...and the credit card companies love me...

dre1919
07-18-2002, 08:41 AM
If I were you the first thing I would get would be one of the follwing: 12 volt Revolution, new barrel, or a compressed air tank. The Revo is just something you're going to have to have, so you might as well get it out of the way now. The barrel you could probably put off for a bit, but it will soon become important should you care about things like accuracy and good paint to barrel matches. I use a 10" DYE barrel, and while I can't match up paint sizes like you can with the Freak or Aradus, mine is a good in between size and works really well. Plus, Dye makes an excellent quality product.

As for the tank, going compressed will give you a lot better consistancy shot to shot and eliminate the need for having expansion chambers and other items attached to your gun to keep liquid Co2 out of the system. Some compressed tanks you can get for a great price really. I bought a 47ci, 3000 psi pre-set steel tank from PMI for $98.00, and if you got a decent sized Co2 tank and expansion chamber you'd spend close to that anyway. If you absolutely can only get one thing right now, I say get the Revvy. You can cope with the Co2 for a little while, just like the barrel thing, but that good 'ol gravity feed really sucks. Hope this helped. :)

dre1919
07-18-2002, 08:45 AM
"Brass Eagle is to paintball what Vanilla Ice is to Gangsta Rap!" - Dirty Bunny

Now that's funny! :D

Patron God of Pirates
07-18-2002, 09:12 AM
Whenever you are looking at an upgrade, make sure you've had the opportunity to play with it first. Find someone that has it and see if they'll let you play a game or just shoot it a bit.

It's all about the feel and how you click with it.

I would try a traders forum or E-Bay for the Tippmanns, see what kind of offers you get. I might take one of them off your hands for the right price.

CrZmX
07-18-2002, 11:53 AM
thnx so far.. but please keep them coming.... how much is good for you... for 68 i want atleast 100 and 98 with all stuff i want atleast 200... i also have nice piranha with ventrui bolt .. it's like sts comes with more upgrades adn a tank and hopper... we anyways help me out.. just give me price for what you want it for :)

edwards888
07-18-2002, 01:13 PM
For the 68, I would goto the Tippman forum. Some of the die hard Tippman owners might want to take that off your hands.

The C98, I would go with ebay. Your asking prices seem about right.

07-18-2002, 08:23 PM
Also when u get a ReTro Valve check ebay cause sometimes u can get a Retro Mag for like 250 then you take the valve out and add your stock valve to the gun u just bought and u have 2 mags + ReTro for the price of the valve. :)