PDA

View Full Version : powdercoating

TXStorm
07-17-2002, 08:43 PM
i need to know some people that do nice powdercoating. so far all i've seen is junky. the PK Selective and KP Custom sites dont work and SiN stopped doing paintball and last i heard Red Rider was working for SiN Customs. any know some people besides junky? thanks

a_malfunction
07-17-2002, 08:47 PM
Your best bet is to try locally. I got my gun done by a local guy. He runs a small automotive repair/powdercoating shop. It only cost he $30 to do my whole gun. Look in the yellow pages under powder coating/ protective coatings. If you cant find anything, call up some auto repair/ custom shops and see if they know where you can get it done.

BajaBoy
07-17-2002, 11:57 PM
talk 2 redrider.. he will do what u want.. and from the pix i saw of his.. its verynice.. im gunn ahve him do mine as soon as i mill my rail.. and shape it..

Marek
07-18-2002, 12:16 AM
Hey TxStorm,
Just out of my curiousity, but why dont you want to go with Junky. I got my Mini painted and it came out purty nice. Just a thought.

TXStorm
07-18-2002, 12:18 AM
well i really just wanted to see some other websites and compare prices and things. i MIGHT be wanting something done a little detailed and i thought junky just did straight powdercoating and fades... i think now that i'm just going to have junky do a fade for me

paintslinger
07-18-2002, 12:20 AM
yea same here...i think i might go with the auto powdercoating shop b/c i was thinking about getting a blue body with silver flames...that rock.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-18-2002, 01:03 AM
Nah...a black body with Silver/Blue flames...now that would rock! (1000 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM THE POST WHORE!!!!!!!!!!)

2000Sabre
07-18-2002, 06:58 AM
TKStorm,

Take a llok at K&P Customs. His prices are reasonable and his web site is working. Here's the URL for K&P

http://www.kpcustoms.net/index3.htm

He personally did my RT Pro in a two color fade with a black body. It came out excellent (see below) Ken Wenlasky is great to deal with, he owns a mag so he knows how to coat them without messing up any tolerances. His email address is kpcustoms@aol.com. Send him an email and check out his site.

Edit: The link is working, I had a period after the URL which was messing it up. Thanks for pointing it out Shartley.

dropkick1
07-18-2002, 07:10 AM
red rider is now under a different name, his company is called hellbent customs. i sent my little brothers minimag in to get powder coated and am still waiting for it back, but he's reliable and has good feedback here, here's the website.

http://www.angelfire.com/freak/hellbentcustom/index.html

hope this helps.

ken

(oops, thanks shartley)

shartley
07-18-2002, 07:12 AM
LOL You MAY want to check that link again. ;)

jah871
07-18-2002, 11:40 AM
heh, my gun is on his website. it looks really bad, its the blue to black zgrip mag.