PDA

View Full Version : What's the best adhesive for foamies?

Doobie
07-17-2002, 10:19 PM
Just like the title says. I was firing my LX and shot the foamie out. I have never used one and heard super glue is a little un-dependable. Suggestions?:confused:

virus
07-18-2002, 02:23 AM
got your local radio shack and get a bottle of their "future glue" its part #64-2331

the stuff works great and has a brush applicator to boot my fomie has been held in place by it for over 12 cases now =)

RetroEclipseMan
07-18-2002, 12:32 PM
I was in a bind when mine came off and just used a dab of hot-glue and attached a new one and it's stayed on ever since and that was almost 8 cases ago.

joeyjoe367
07-18-2002, 03:34 PM
Whenever I need to glue something on permanantly, I use JB weld 2 part epoxy.

...it's pretty much liquid steel, but you can't do it in a jam.

I've been told that LX will work fine, even without the foamie, so play for the day without it, and then go home and JB weld it on there.

Doobie
07-18-2002, 04:18 PM
Thanks guys! I'll try one of those. This is why I love AO!:D

nippinout
07-18-2002, 10:22 PM
I would never use JB Weld on my paintball gun.

JB Weld is basically cold welding metal together. You are BONDING that stuff onto your bolt.

Foamie isn't metal, you are merely relying on the minimal adhesive property between the foamie and JB Weld. The only thing really holding it is the JB Weld working its way into the foamie.

I would do what TK and the techs say, use Crazy Glue.

If I'm wrong, please smack me and tell me! :)

joeyjoe367
07-19-2002, 03:02 AM
Hmmm... Come to think of it, JB weld probably isn't a good idea...

It'll probably stick on there forever, and when you wanna change that foamie, it'd be hard to remove the jbweld...

Hot glue or Crazy-Glue will probably do the trick. Stick with those.

FrAuStY
07-19-2002, 09:11 AM
ANY superglue will work fine. I put a drop dead center where the foamie would go, then stab the center with a sewing needle, so I can more accurately place it on the superglue. Once it touches...its stuck.