PDA

View Full Version : gun building and hose problem

GT
07-17-2002, 10:55 PM
ok,
I have a tko mag and i want to run the SS hose instead of the macro. problem is the flatline reg and my vlave will only allow a certan rotation of male end and the hose. in other words I cant get them to face the correct direction w/o really forcing them. I can get them in the correct postion however they are really loose.

so can i use locktight and allow it to dry so they stay in the correct postion leak free?

I hate this teflon tape!

Load SM5
07-18-2002, 05:17 PM
You should'nt have to crank them down until they don't turn anymore. Just really good and tight but still facing the way you need them to face. Threadlock will work but I mainly use the yellow teflon tape for gas fittings. It works better than and does'nt fray apart like the white stuff. Worse case scenario KAPP makes some SS fittings that swivel in some pretty nice colors.

mykroft
07-19-2002, 10:59 AM
Loctite 545 (Purple) is your friend. There are also swivel elbows available, IIRC they're made by KAPP. Try those, as they will rotate after being put on (2 piece 90 degree elbow, bottom screws in, top rotates freely)