PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 Emag VS RT Pro

Paul La Rue
07-18-2002, 10:55 AM
OK, I've been testing out the level 10 in my Emag. So far it's working great, some minor leaking but no ball breaks.
There will be a full review on PballCanada shortly...

From testing I've really been contemplating the difference between the Emag and RT Pro. There are two main differences.

1. No short stroking on the Emag. Well this is problem is "basically" eliminated on the RT via the level 10.

2. The E-trigger. Personally I like the hybrid/RT trigger mode more than the E.

What I'm getting to is, I'm thinking of parting with my Emag and simply going back to a RT Pro. Basically the same performance without the hassle of electronics (already had to send the Emag back to Airgun to fix the electronics).

Any comments?

Panzerr
07-18-2002, 10:59 AM
I've come to the same conclusion, Paul. There is just something about the trigger on an RT that is very satisfying. I the resistance of the pull and the kick-back on my finger. Electronic triggers just aren't fun to shoot...

I shoot a Triggernomics ReTro, and I just love it. Now that I've got the level 10 in, I don't have to worry about short stroking at all. I just pull the trigger and rounds go down range. I may pick up a C&C Emag Extreme, but if AGD comes out with an aluminum body RT, I'll just pick one of those up instead. Who neads electronics? The RT can fire plenty fast as is.

Patron God of Pirates
07-18-2002, 11:30 AM
Yep, now if AGD would just come out with a pneumonic force feed we could leave all the batteries at home.

Personally I don't like the feel of electronic triggers. They just feel a little to "Duckhunt" for me.

Panzerr
07-18-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Patron God of Pirates
....they just feel a little to "Duckhunt" for me.

lol

I was trying to put my finger on what it is that I don't like about e-triggers but couldn't. You really nailed it with that one!

manike
07-18-2002, 12:05 PM
And I've been thoroughly enjoying shooting my old RT again with LX but...

The great thing about the e-mag is that if you want you can just run it as a manual gun :)

Manual when you want to feel that trigger and electro when you play tourny and need to chuck paint on the break. :D

Best of both worlds if you ask me!

manike

Paul La Rue
07-18-2002, 12:09 PM
I can shoot my Emag faster in Manual mode than in E mode... plus the RT Pro is lighter.

AcemanPB
07-18-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Patron God of Pirates
They just feel a little to "Duckhunt" for me.

hahahaha that is a good one, you mind if i use that one?

OldSchoolMag
07-18-2002, 02:03 PM
Well, it depends on what you'd want to do -

For just plain rec play, you really don't need more than an RT Pro. Heck, it's overkill in rec as it is.

For tourny, if you don't have an electro, you're already behind the game.

For scenario - well, you can't put this in a catagory. I suppose you could be happy with a pod and a sling shot if you were so inclined.

If I were you, I'd keep the E-mag. Like Manike said, the best of both worlds. And you already said you really liked the hybrid mode the best, why give it up?

Myself, I plan on upgrading to an E-mag sometime, because I'm getting into tourny play. Not having an electric trigger limits your ROF (or should - Paul, if you can fire faster in manual than in electric, there's something wrong there) and it's nearly impossible to win games without dumping paint (I know, I know, we've all seen pics of the stock guys, I'm just saying in general). Plus, I can still keep it in manual mode for when I want to just rock with the RT trigger, which is always fun. Oh well, it's up to you.

OSM

Panzerr
07-18-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by OldSchoolMag

For tourny, if you don't have an electro, you're already behind the game.

I disagree. I've played tournaments with a plain 'ol RT for the past four years and haven't had a problem. I even used it at the Chicago Open last year. I get insane rates of fire out of it. It's so fast that people can't believe it's stricktly mechanical. Not having an electronic trigger does not limit your ROF. If you set up your marker with the proper input pressure and proper length on/off pin, you're good to go.

Minimag2002
07-18-2002, 02:16 PM
I Think The AGD Should Produce An Electric Trigger Frame That Will Retro Fit All Mags. The Only Things I don't Like About Them is 1. There Ugly and 2. There Led instead of LCd. If The did That everyone Would Have The Trigger BEcause Like He Said There The Best Of Both Worlds.

vineas
07-18-2002, 02:19 PM
I agree with panz here ... I can shoot way faster on an RT than on my bushy. Which is why I'm putting together an RT and my bushy will end up as a back up. ;)

I don't know about duck hunt, my bushy's trigger is more of a mouse click ... but there is something to the feel of the mechanical trigger that makes you know you just did something.

Patron God of Pirates
07-18-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by vineas
I don't know about duck hunt, my bushy's trigger is more of a mouse click

OK, Quake III. ;)

OldSchoolMag- Saying you are behind the game if you don't have Electro is silly. My RTP absolutely rips when I want it to, much faster than the 9bps most of those tourney Cockers (also mechanical) are capped at.

I've only played one Tourney and I'd say my RTP held its own ;).

Thordic
07-18-2002, 03:12 PM
Well, I used to be a big proponent of mechanical triggers over electric triggers.

Lately I am starting to change my tune.

First, I got my timmy. 3 point adjustable trigger, and I can get it down to the point where if you LOOK at the gun wrong it'll shoot.

Then I used Tuna's emag... I have never been a HUGE fan of emags. I thought they were nice, but I never planned on owning one. But Tuna has a LX Emagnum Emag.

Tuna's setup is absolutely sickeningly disgusting insane.

Thats right, I've been reduced to a triply adjective on this one. Every time I've ripped on an emag, I tear balls to shreds. And I've done it many times, on SprayingMango's old emag, and on Kaiser_Bob's emag.

I wailed on Tuna's trigger like a ninja on his guitar, and there was not a single break. Paint flew like the wind and my brain melted and fell out my ear.

Then I had to give it back :(

Anyway, theres my opinion :) If it doesn't make sense to you, well, it doesn't make sense to me either, so figure something out.

Patron God of Pirates
07-18-2002, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I do have to say..... Listening to Thordic on that trigger was scary.

Still, it's a matter of preference. I personally want to leave all the batteries at home.

hitech
07-18-2002, 03:24 PM
I personally think that the Level 10 upgrade has narrowed the gap between the RT Pro and the eMag. It is still easier for more people to shoot faster on an eMag than a RT Pro. It is still possible (and more likely) to chop a ball in a level 10 RT Pro than a level 10 eMag. It's just far less a problem than it was before. :D

You should note that I only shoot an Automag Classic (w/level 10 by tonight). I don't play tournaments and with the level 10 upgrade I think it will be more than good enough. :D

AGD
07-18-2002, 07:51 PM
I wailed on Tuna's trigger like a ninja on his guitar, and there was not a single break. Paint flew like the wind and my brain melted and fell out my ear.

Now that is some nice poetry!!

AGD

Arturus
07-18-2002, 08:04 PM
Thordic -

"First, I got my timmy. 3 point adjustable trigger, and I can get it down to the point where if you LOOK at the gun wrong it'll shoot."

Off topic comment.. The other day on the field, I was watching a game being played, while holding my mag to the left.

Next thing I know, I hear a marker going off... close enough to me, that I jump. This guy was a feet away from me when he shot and apologized immediately. The paintball hit the cover on my N2 tank... a redz cover, and now there's a rip in it.

He had an electro and he 'tapped' on it the wrong way, while holding it down.

:rolleyes:

Just glad the ball didn't hit my thigh.