PDA

View Full Version : The Dollar Bill.....

AcemanPB
07-18-2002, 03:23 PM
How many of you have got the level 10 to bounce of a dollar bill like in the vid?

I can't quite seem to get mine that soft, i'm using the 1.5, 2 shims, longest spring

manike
07-18-2002, 03:33 PM
I couldn't get it to bounce of a Euro note...

Maybe my money's not as good as Tom's :)

manike

(maybe by using a tighter carrier I could make my bolt force even lighter but I see no need since it works so well at the moment and is very reliable with no bolt stick)

Halliday
07-18-2002, 03:49 PM
No bounce quite as soft as Tom's yet either. 1.5 carrier, 2 shims, longest spring. I used a piece of notepaper about he size of a dollar as a test. It crinkled it, not bad but not good enough for me to put my finger in there yet.

manike
07-18-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by bunkerhugger
Sounds like you guys need tighter carriers and more shims. You want it to have lots of friction and to vent as soon as possible.

why?

My gun stops on the brittlest paint I can find. I don't care if doesn't stop on a bill :)

If you start lowering the force too far you may get bolt stick issues and sacrifice reliablity. I'm very happy with my gun, it hasn't broken a ball in probably 8 cases since I installed it and hasn't had bolt stick either. I have no intention of giving it more friction to try and get it to stop on a bill. There is no point. It does what it needs to already :D

I have no shims in mine at all and even if I hold the bolt back with my finger it still vents perfectly.

manike

p.s. Halliday stop being a chicken and do it :) just hold your finger tight against the bolt the first time you pull the trigger. Trust me you will be fine as that is the same set up with spring and carrier that I have in mine with the gun jacked up and shooting 300fps :)

Halliday
07-18-2002, 06:59 PM
Bawk!
Maybe I'll try it 1st with my finger down the "barrel," not jammed in the PF.

manike
07-18-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Halliday
Bawk!
Maybe I'll try it 1st with my finger down the "barrel," not jammed in the PF.

:D

Level 10, just do it! :)

You know you want to...

manike

Hexis
07-18-2002, 07:11 PM
YOu may not remember, but Tom said at that level the bolt won't even push a ball past the detent. Not exaclty a usable configuration. Great for a demonstration, but I would leave it at that.

AcemanPB
07-18-2002, 07:22 PM
yeah i messed around with the carries, won't stop on a dollar yet but it bounces of my finger just fine

i know it is useless cause it will not push it past the detent, i just want to see it this set up my self to show it off around the field

BTAutoMag
07-18-2002, 08:04 PM
am i the only one who saw how crisp that bill was. a crisp bill would stop it, one straight from the bank.

and by the way...

STICK YOUR FINGER IN IT!!!

tom stuck his tougue in his and youre worried about a finger.