PDA

View Full Version : INSTALLATION: lvl 10 wont stop leaking out barrel....

demonguy8
07-18-2002, 08:03 PM
sigh i finally get my lvl 10 in and i cant seem get it to work correctly...

alright im using an rtpro input pressure @950 (if that makes a difference)

Following the instructions on the site I started with the carrier with 2 grooves on it and no dots.. LEAKED HEAVILY from barrel.. (im talking a 100 psi/a sec).. assuming it was the described barrel leak i upped the velocity hoping it would stop. It actually seemed to get worse right up until the point wher air came out of the back of the gun..
now down to 2500 psi :( .. i figured it was the wrong carrier... same situation now 2200 psi... went to the 1.5 carrier which very snug on the back of the bolt and got same result yay 1800psi... convinced now that it wasnt the carrier but either the spring and/or shims i began to try diffferent combinations to no avail... i put back in the non lvl 10 componants just to make sure it was the kit and not my gun and my gun worked as normal...
*note i did the thing where you install the lvl10 with no shims and push on the bolt face while its leaking to hear if it changes tone.. and it didnt change at all

So basicaly facts are:
pretty sure I have the carrier picked right (the one wiht one solid line and no dots)

Heavy venting from barrel..... about 100 psi a sec.. (which might i add gets annoying when you have to drive 30 min to fill your tank to 3000 only to test somehting and have to go back and refill and expensive too

No change in springs or increase in velocity made the leak stop or even slow (unless you count when the velocity went up enought to make it vent out back of gun instead of front

gun works fine with Non lvl 10 parts...

ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT I COULD BE DOING WRONG OR WHAT THE PROBLEM IS WOULD BE GREATLY APRECIATED
thanks in advance

a_malfunction
07-18-2002, 08:09 PM
Did you put the oring in the carrier?

demonguy8
07-18-2002, 08:16 PM
yup the o ring is in carrier

sicones
07-18-2002, 09:34 PM
make sure your puttin in the carrier the right way also it is sitting flat on the bottom of the powertube

madfoo
07-19-2002, 12:41 AM
i have the same problem with my emag.. i put the stock stuff back in and it worked fine.. shot about half a case with no breaks or chops (woohoo)

i'm planning on calling the tech line and asking there..

demonguy8
07-19-2002, 12:44 AM
Yes and yes to your two suggestions sicones... unfortunatly its still the same.. :(

TransMan
07-19-2002, 12:52 AM
Did you try the Zero carrier or try using a dif oring and did you check the bolt to make sure that the pwer piston was all the way in some people had problems with the powerpiston coming out and causing a constant leak. If that is your problem call AGD and they will replace it.

demonguy8
07-19-2002, 02:19 AM
tried using every one of the orings..didnt think i should go down to the zero carrier because it is a VERY VERY snug fit (and hard to move)as for the piston (im assuming thats reffering to the thing sticking out of the back end of bolt?) how would i know if it was "coming out" it seems to be pretty solidly in there considering its all one peice?

On the other hand i think i MAY have found the problem.... when i took the old parts out that urethane bumper disk was stuck to the back of my old bolt so when the lvl10 was installed it wasnt on there,consequently letting the bolt be farther back than normal.. I dont have air to test this (besides its 230am)but am pretty sure that this would be the problem.. ill report back after i get another air fill and try it with the urethane bumper....(ima feel mighty salty if thats all it is thats causing this "trouble"):rolleyes: :o

TransMan
07-19-2002, 05:31 AM
Lol hmmm yup im guessing that would probably do it. Seems like its always the most obvious thing dont it.

Gecko
07-19-2002, 09:29 AM
also check to make sure the plunger at the back of the bolt hasn't come loose. This happened to mine and it would leak down the barrel constantly. My bolt is on it's way to AGD to be fixed.
Gecko

demonguy8
07-19-2002, 05:11 PM
nope definatly wasnt the the bumper.... i got gas installed with the bumper this time and went thru the whole procedure again...... perhaps I'll call agd and pay a visit to have them either help setup the lvl10(so i can see how its done *correctly*) or tell me if it needs to be replaced...

HungSolo
07-19-2002, 10:14 PM
I just got my level 10 today (finally) and I have the exact same problem. I shoot a retro mini and no matter which carrier I use, I get mad leakage down the barrel. some shims, or no shims, lots of oil, little oil, high velocity, or low, bumper or not, old spring or one of the new ones... You get the picture. No matter what I do it leaks like crazy. Yes I put the carrier in o-ring first. Yes, the o-ring is in there. When I put the stock bolt in, everything works fine. It took exactly one month from the day my credit card was billed to the time lvl 10 gets here.... I am so frustrated.

HyperSnyper
07-20-2002, 05:15 AM
I dont get it how it can be leaking like that. I first used the 1.5 carrier, put the Oring on the flat side of the carrier (not the beveled side) put the oring side of the carrier in first. The kit sealed with no probs, just after dry firing 4000 psi of compressed air, it started to develope a slight leak down the barrel, drove 5 minutes to PB store to fill up again, moved down to the 1 carrier and now the thing has no probs. O-ring is brokern in and I know the system will seal realiably for a long time.

Try going the extreme and going to the smallest carrier size. You may get bolt stick, but atleast that will eliminate the problem with the leak.

-Hyper

HungSolo
07-20-2002, 11:26 AM
did you read my post? I said I tried every carrier. I put the o ring in the only side it fits. I put the carrier in the right way. On closer inspection of my superbolt II, the pin that fits into the powertube is loose and will come out of the bolt. I think that's probably the problem.

You guys with the leaks, if you are doing everything right and it's still leaking, just check your bolt. If it's loose, we prolly have to send 'em back and wait longer. This is probably the "brazing issue" that Tom was talking about that delayed our orders in the first place...

Minimag2002
07-20-2002, 07:26 PM
i had a big leak prob too and i know how ya feel about the tank plus the 30 min drive. but after numerous tank fills i discovered the leak was from the macroline hose fittings when level 10 is added the pressure in your hose fittings rises causing a leak if there not secured properly. double check that.

jujigote
07-20-2002, 08:10 PM
My bolt had a problem like that and it turned out to be the power piston not pushed in far enough. Called AGD and they had a new bolt sent 3 day.