PDA

View Full Version : General RT /RTP questions...help a (possible) future mag owner

Sparq
07-18-2002, 08:12 PM
I've been looking at getting an Automag RT or RT Pro as my next marker (in a years time or longer) and have got a few general questions...so here we go:

1: I've been told you can only run RTs on HPA...is there any way at all to run it on CO2?

2: What is the difference between RT and RT Pro?

3: Can I get the gas-through grip and hardline from an RT on an RT Pro? (I don't like the look/location of that SS hose)

4: How's the stock barrel? It looks nice, not sure I'd want to replace it :)

5: Does the Lvl 10 mod work on RTs and RT Pros?

Thanks alot, I know I'm clueless :confused:

than205
07-18-2002, 09:37 PM
1: I've been told you can only run RTs on HPA...is there any way at all to run it on CO2?

No

2: What is the difference between RT and RT Pro?

Performance wise there is no difference. Besides the stuff in question 3. The pro (now) with an Intelliframe double trigger. The on the old school would feed air through the rail.

3: Can I get the gas-through grip and hardline from an RT on an RT Pro? (I don't like the look/location of that SS hose)

What I did was immediately replaced that with a drop and macroline. There are options. I dont think the old foregrip bracket will fit. (dont quote me on that)

4: How's the stock barrel? It looks nice, not sure I'd want to replace it :)

I think the stock barrel is awesome! (I know many others agree with me)

5: Does the Lvl 10 mod work on RTs and RT Pros?

Level 10 works with all mags.

BTW - Welcome to the forum!

Sparq
07-18-2002, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the answers and the welcome. I was originally planning on an Imp....but then one day at work I realised I wanted a mag :)

Besides the no CO2 thing, the RT or RT Pro looks perfect for my purposes (especially the single trigger on the RT).

Oh yeah...and why exactly can't you run it on CO2?

TransMan
07-18-2002, 10:02 PM
Well Co2 never was good on the AIR valve on the original mags it would make the vlave freeze upif you got liquid in the valve. On an RT vlave the recharge rate is much higher and will emidiateley suck Co2 into the valve causing the valve to freez and you will have to replace all the orings. you said you might be buying an RT in a year or so if you still want to in a year I may be selling mine so try to get back in touch with me when you decide. Ill still be posting on the boards at that time i hope.