PDA

View Full Version : Local store in NW chicago burbs?

demonguy8
07-19-2002, 01:03 AM
Well unfortunatly the store nearest me is no longer in existance soo i was wondering if somone could recommend a store in my vicinity with knowledgeable ppl pls..

If you dont know where schaumburg(my home town)is but are from the chicago area its about 30-45 minutes from CPX,Friendly Fire, Operation, CountryClub,and Badlandz (all the local fields)and about 10-30 min (traffic) from Paintballgear.com/the airport

Im posting this mainly because of the trouble Im having getting my Lvl10 working in my rtpro (theres a thread in the tech sect if you can help on this) and cuz its definatly nice having a place you can turn to if something does happen..

DjGruv
07-19-2002, 02:42 AM
What prob are you having? Theres paintball chicago in hanover park. Its on lake ST of the elgin/ohare.

nippinout
07-19-2002, 03:12 AM
I'm from the area. I used to live in Barrington, but I'm going to school in MN. My mom actually works in Schaumburg.

Anyway, whenever I wanted to do some paintball shopping, I would call up the folks at paintballgear.com and pick it up at the end of the day. :) Does your store stock EVERYTHING? lol

Don't forget that in the Chicago area that we have Air America HQ, Diablo Direct, and PMI.

I heard that Josh was trying to get out of the retail biz. Is Paintball Chicago still open at all?

Jebus, why not just hop onto 53 North and head up to Wheeling and go bother some AGD techs in person! :)

On your way to Operation Paintball, where I play, is a place called Video Smideo. They rent movies and are a retail shop.

I've never been there, but that's where the refs recommend so give them a ring,(847) 669-3225

There address is 10408 S IL Route 47 Huntley, IL

Good luck!

demonguy8
07-19-2002, 05:31 AM
it was supposed to have closed about a week or 2 after the chicago open... i talked to josh about two days before he said they were closing...since it was the store that i usually went to.. i even remember when the store was called "Your supply Depot and run by a guy named gary who made the "acccuralite cocker" which ive seen about 5 of (counting Jon's *paintball chicago owner*) and not one of em worked....back when it was located next to that lol "Spa"
Well anywayz it was convienient having a store within 5 min of your house (i live just off the elgin and roselle)

Ill look into that store in huntly.. and pballgear is nice but with the exception of the 1 tech they have working there assembling packages and whatnot the majority dont know jack about tech issues... (since everyone but the tech is a telephone salesman)

on yet another side note anyone in the area up for a day of rec ball? Im planning on either this sunday or next weekend to any of the fields i listed before (assuming i get this lvl10 workin correctly)

the123
07-19-2002, 08:10 AM
You guys are forgetting about Fox Paintball in Dundee. it's on Rt. 31 about 1 or 2 miles north of I-90. East side of the street in a mini-mall. Check them out.

BlueMagRT
07-19-2002, 08:33 AM
i usually just go to fox paintball they are mag friendly and can fix just about anything on the spot. i go the one off of 88 on farnsworth ave. in aurora. which is on the way to the fox paintball field.

i'll have to check on paintball chicago closing cause they are about 10 min from my house.

duffman
07-21-2002, 11:31 AM
fox has a store in west dundee give them a call at 847-426-1041. if you are looking for anything

07-21-2002, 12:36 PM
actionvillage.com they are a couple miles from ohare, 35 buck cases of paint (non seconds)

i usually just go to badboyz or fox though.

kemikos
07-21-2002, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I'll put in another vote for Fox PB.

I usually go to the one in Aurora. They have 'Mag techs on staff, and they can often fix stuff while you wait.

But like nippinout said, why not call up AGD and see if you can make an appointment to see their tech guys? I guarantee they'll be able to help you... ;)

OnyX
07-21-2002, 08:48 PM
yeah the best place to go for your mag is foxpaintball (http://www.foxpaintball.com/) in dundee or aurora they specialize in mags and they sponsor team swarm........btw josh shut down chicago paintball they were very convenient since i only live couple mins from the place in hangover park.

DjGruv
07-23-2002, 12:17 AM
Ya I see they did close. Oh well. Now maybe josh can lose some weight. He got fat as hell.:D

demonguy8
07-23-2002, 01:53 AM
yea he was gettin a lil "festivally plump" but to his credit his team did win skyball

-btw the scuba shop a few doors down if you need nitro fills has been keeping me in air... $4.50 a 3000 fill tho

damageinc54
07-23-2002, 02:22 AM
PB Chicago closing does not really surprise me. I used to love going there with my Emag and hearing what a piece of !@#$%&* mags are. When all you have on your wall for sale is over priced Angels, a few Cockers, and Piranhas, things are bound to go wrong. They were far too opinionated about what markers they sold.

demonguy8
07-23-2002, 03:04 AM
josh always happend to recomend whatever gun he personally owned at the time.. when josh+jon bought the store from gary, josh was pro mag (since he shot 68 mag), then after getting his STO he became pro cocker, then after getting his red angel he was all into electros.... now he owns a bunch of stuff so i dunno but it was kinda funny how his opinion changed when his current gun changed :rolleyes:

damageinc54
07-23-2002, 03:15 AM
Impulses are his thing now. That is one of the many guns he used to bash. Funny how everybody on the Farside Kidz shoots Impulses and they have a sponsorship from Smart Parts. Guess the sponsorship changed his opinion of the gun :rolleyes:

demonguy8
07-23-2002, 04:04 AM
if any high end gun company sends me a free gun Ill probably promote it too :D *hint to AGD, WDP, WGP,ICD, and SP*:D

alkafluence
07-23-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by demonguy8

Ill look into that store in huntly.. and pballgear is nice but with the exception of the 1 tech they have working there assembling packages and whatnot the majority dont know jack about tech issues... (since everyone but the tech is a telephone salesman)

Yeah, I have to agree with that... The plus side is that it seems like they do have just about everything. But, as you said, most of their people don't know anything about doing anything technical.

So it often seems that I'm buying something there, and then taking it to some field and setting it up there under "testable conditions."

As for stores, someone mentioned the Fox Paintball in Dundee, there's the other Fox Paintball off Farnsworth near Aurora (granted that is a bit of a drive)

BTW- I'm also off of Roselle