PDA

View Full Version : lvl 10 problems(a help me thread)

einhander619
07-19-2002, 09:00 AM
I finally got my lvl 10 kit yesterday but I am having a helluva time getting it to work. I think spacer 1.5 is the right one to use, but now I'm all screwed up about what spring and what velocity I should use. When I turn the velocity up high enough so that the gun shoots every time, it get very loud and sounds like it is firing twice. This happens on both the stock sized spring and the middle spring. Speaking of the middle spring, which way should the cut side of the middle spring go? However, on the short spring at lower velocities, the gun will fire, but the bolt won't retract all the way and will need to be pushed in, or it will but there is a delay.

I'm also having problems with modifying a standard I frame to fit a classic RT. I widened the hole and it looks perfect, so I gassed it up, and got a big leak between the body rail and the body tube. I Notived that the area with the hole drilled in it was about a mm thicker than on my RT benchy, which works fine, so I started filing down that area on the I frame. It's now almost the exact same thicknes, but it still leaks. What's going on here?

complicationjack
07-19-2002, 09:29 AM
i've never heard of this problem of the fire twice really loud thingy... but i did notice you said you were having troubles fitting your intelli to the rt... do you think this might have anything to do with your problem? (are you using your intelli to set up the lvl 10...if you are try to use what ever frame fit before...just a idea)

as for the middle spring...that is something i can answer...put the cut in the direction of your bolt/valve. :cool:

einhander619
07-19-2002, 10:03 AM
I put my benchy back on to test the lvl 10, so that's not an issue. Can anyone else help me out? I have a tourney tomorrow and I'd like to get this up and running!

AGD
07-19-2002, 11:22 AM
Ein,

It should sound louder thats in the design. If it is shooting twice per trigger pull your sear is probably worn out and is a separate issue.

AGD

hitech
07-19-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by einhander619
it get very loud...

Mine now sounds more like a "real" gun than a paintball marker. It probably means that the velocity is getting close to where you want it. :D