PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistent velocity w/ lvl 10, need help fast

dyerules
07-19-2002, 11:03 AM
I finally got my lvl 10 yesterday and i wasn't able to begin setting it up till today. Right now I have the longest spring, 1 shim , and the 2 carrier. I set it up, and it chronoed at 273,277,255. It kept on doin this for aboput 20 shots. So i took it apart replaced the reg seat and rechronoed at 278,275,295. So i guess i can concluse it's not the reg seat. Any help w/ this is much appreciated. Also whatg would the ideal setup be for the less force the bolt flies forward at??? short spring or long spring, more shims or less shims. Also i'm kinda confused w/ the carriers. i understand the lines, but if it has 0 lines and 3 dots, is that 1.5??? With the setup i have now it won't chop a ball, but it leaves my finger pretty pink and a little sore.

I'm leaving to go to VA to play in a scenario in about 2 hours and any help is appreciated!!!

TransMan
07-19-2002, 11:23 AM
hmm Im not sure about the velocity thing sorry but the carrier with no lines and 3 dots would be 0.5 I think. I cant put my finger in the breach dang pwoerfeed.

hitech
07-19-2002, 11:24 AM
The longer the spring the slower the bolt moves forward. You want the longest spring that will reliably fire. Shims have NOTHING to do with bolt speed/pressure. They ONLY control when the bolt starts venting.

A carrier with no lines is a 0. A carrier with no lines and three dots is a 0.5. The dots signify a half sized carrier. The number of dots doesn't matter. So, a carrier with 2 lines and no dots is a 2, a carrier with 2 lines and some dots (doesn't matter how many) is a 2.5. Unless you want a marker that is on the bleeding edge of "soft" you want the largest carrier that does not leak down the barrel. Here is what tom said about using a smaller carrier:

For those looking to get maximum anti chop with fragile tourney paint we offer the following suggestions. The o-ring friction can be used to additionally slow the bolt down. By going to the next smaller carrier you add an additional layer of protection at the expense of risking bolt stick. You must keep your marker oiled daily to keep it working reliably... The penalty for over tuning is the fact that the marker may occasionally refuse to fire. This is because the main spring combined with the power tub o-ring has too much sticktion to let the bolt go forward. Try at your own risk.

Muzikman
07-19-2002, 11:27 AM
Since I have just received my Lvl 10 kit yesterday as well, I have not been able to fully explore it. My guess is shoot a few hundred times and let the oring break in then try to chrono it. As for the force on the bolt, the spacers have nothing to do with that. They are there to just determine how fast the bolt vents when it catches on something. As for the carriers, think of it this way, Groove = +1, Dots = +.5. So a carrier that has no grooves but dots would be a .5.

dyerules
07-19-2002, 11:39 AM
Also when i was breaking in the o-ring(before i scronoed it)I shot about 350 shots before i got it to leak it leaked for about 10 more shots and thenn went away??? Is this good/bad, just fine??? Thanks for all the replies. Also when i'm to chrono down for night play, which spring should i switch too???

Thanks again!!

Also, anybody know anything about the velocity???

TransMan
07-19-2002, 11:43 AM
Have you tried Oiling the Carrier oring a little some peopel find that they dry out quickly i think to go to a lower chrono you will have to put in a smaller spring probably the stock spring.