PDA

View Full Version : Are all Z Grips double finger?

SSMercury
07-19-2002, 11:26 AM
I don't really like double finger grips, and I saw that Army posted a picture of a red gun with a red Z-Grip (very nice, BTW) with only one finger trigger. So is there a way to replace the trigger in the grip with just a one finger trigger? Because if there is, I'd love to get a Z Grip that I've seen for sale. I think I'd like to have one.

Coaster
07-19-2002, 11:29 AM
my guess is the guy just cut it, i think this is true but are the zgrip triggers specially designed for the zgrip?

Army
07-19-2002, 11:37 AM
It's because I hate double triggers! If I could trim my Emag trigger down and still keep the magnets, I would do it in a second.

I've been shooting firearms for so long, that a 2X trigger is blasphemous to my shooting philosophy:)

SSMercury
07-19-2002, 11:42 AM
Ok, can't say I HATE them, but I do dislike them. Single trigger just feels better to me. So, since I seem to have your attention, what did you do to yours? Cut it, or replace the trigger with something else?

Army
07-19-2002, 12:37 PM
Hacksaw, plenty of sandpaper and 0000-steel wool to polish.

FutureMagOwner
07-19-2002, 01:59 PM
yeah i like the single trigger on my mag right now more than the double trigger on my cocker it seems like theres more room on the trigger for me to make a mistake on a double trigger.

EDIT: i forgot thats a blade trigger my tippmann is a grove double trigger and thats much better for me

virus
07-19-2002, 02:48 PM
for me its kinda the same.....

i've tried 2x triggers on other markers... and quite frankly i think they suck... i have yet to find one that was comfy... but thats just my opinion....

however when i got my Z i wasn't sure about the 2x trigger on it... but i must say i am in luv with it and can't even think about getting another marker unless i can mod a Z to fit it =)

timag
07-19-2002, 05:56 PM
i feel your pain Army. The x2 trigger on my new timmy is horrible! It didn't come with a back stop screw either, then, when i bought a screw fromt he hardware store, it stripped the threads like the trigger was made from recycled Japanese cans.

I should have stuck with AGD, why didn't you tell me Lvl. 10 was coming? Can't you see the future?

My Timmy is gr8 other than that.

Rynoboy06
07-19-2002, 09:36 PM
I'm sure Tyson could make/has made single-finger z-grip triggers. Get one of his for a styling one, they rate a little higher on the "class" scale than hacksaw+steel wool.

M-a-s-sDriver
07-19-2002, 11:46 PM
Whoa ARMY!!!
2 fingers triggers are blasphemous to your philosophy, but the grip flipped around backwards bothers you not?
I think the problem really lies deeper in your phyche, perhaps starting with an unpleasant childhood event.
If you need any more phycho-babble, just let me know. I'll make up some more.
Brent Jackson, ACE-PFB.

Schnitzel
07-20-2002, 12:25 PM
the 'grip flipped around backwards' is actually more comfortable to hold in paintball than a standard .45

Army
07-20-2002, 01:31 PM
MASS, Since you don't chance your hand/arm angle with a Z, it remains as the same hold I would have with my Springfield, hence, no blasphemy!