PDA

View Full Version : warp problem

paintballrulzs
07-19-2002, 01:14 PM
Ok i finally got my warp feed working properly. I am using a hopper right minimag body. It worked flawlessly on a few shots yesterday, granted i was pacing my shots. Now when i went to show my friend it wouldn't feed on every shot, it didn't feed on any shots at. The battery was brand new yesterday and the battery was removed last night and installed today. I had to press the button to make it spin. I am playing early tomarow morning at jesters paintball (my sponsor in kingston NH, so ne 1 who can go! it is byop tomaro!). I dont want to have to press the button on every shot so what do i do? Should the sensitivity go down after the battery uses very little life?

BTW- the field is on 125 in kingston NH it is an ultimate air field. Also b/c i am sponsored i can bring 3 peeps for free. So if ne 1 wants to go let me know.

hitech
07-19-2002, 02:42 PM
Turn the sensitivity up until it spins, then back it off until just after it stops. If it wasn't "broken in" all the way you might have to turn up the sensitivity after it is.

Also, make sure you are using a high quality battery. Some of the econo batteries don't even start out at 9 volts, and drop like rocks after you start using them!

rjvemt1
07-20-2002, 10:30 AM
try another battery,first, just to be shure.then start foolin with the potentiometer.mine came from the factory with the correct adjustment.do you have the '+-sens' jumpers set correctly,how about the dwell jumpers?

DARTH MORG
07-21-2002, 07:03 PM
THE 9V warp eats batteries. before i removed the pc board and hard wired directly to the motor i was using upto 7 batteries a day. what i did is hard wired a 9v nihm rc car battery to the warp motor and into my 9v revy and use a push button to turn the whole thing on. the rc battery seldomly needs recharging because the motors use very low amperage. the pc board in the warp requires more amperage than the motor itself. also the warp and the revy feed faster now. only draw back for me is that the warp runs constantly until manually shut down.this can also be an asset in combat there is no sensor miss-fire. bottom line is if you dont want to do what i did carry lots of batteries. if you do not know electronics do not attempt what i did. you may ruin your warp/revy.

rjvemt1
07-21-2002, 08:12 PM
before i removed the pc board and hard wired directly to the motor i was using upto 7 batteries a day. thats what you get for buying generic batteries at the 99cent store;) i just recently got my warp.ive played with it twice and am still using the first battery that i put in it.i set the dwell on mine to two on two off.are you sure you dont have your dwell set for too long?

DARTH MORG
07-21-2002, 08:30 PM
i was using energizers. the pc board and the vibration sensor were drawing an excesive amout of amps. i forget exactly how many amps but it was more than resonable. perhaps i had a defective board. in any case i dont have battery problems anymore. now the warp and the rev can run over 12 hours non-stop with little reduction in speed. to each his own.