PDA

View Full Version : Should Tippmann make a tourny level gun??

TransMan
07-19-2002, 01:26 PM
I have never been a big fan of Tippmann guns and uderstand that they are geared towards noobs and rec players that think they are Rambo. I do have rescpect for them they have made solid guns for years and have come out with an enormous amount of upgrades. I would like them to put some work into making a tourny level gun that doesnt look like a sub machine gun but like a paintball gun. What i dont want to see is another M98 with an up grade for tournies or what ever i would like to see a totaly new gun what are your opinions on this?

Coaster
07-19-2002, 01:34 PM
the model98 is a tourney gun... with an ebolt and a good loader it is the same as a bushmaster. The blow back factor is completely taken out of it(replaced by the solenoid). I don't understand why people wouldn't consider this a tourney gun. I realize that it isn't as compact as some guns, but back players don't really need that small of a gun. Why would you say it is just a gun for newbies, too?

TransMan
07-19-2002, 01:38 PM
Ok IM just saying that its an entry level gun like a spider or any spider clones. Im just saying i havnt seen many peopel at tournies with Tippmanns. I see alot playing rec ball but not too many playing speedball atleast around here anyway. Sorry if i offened anyone. :rolleyes:

mykroft
07-19-2002, 01:42 PM
No.

They own the market for low-end & rental guns, why bother with the tourney scene.

Mango
07-19-2002, 01:46 PM
I think they could make one heck of a tourney marker if they wanted.

Coaster hit it right on the nose.

BajaBoy
07-19-2002, 01:52 PM
i dont like them at all, but i think there doin fine alot of people like them.. so they should do what they do best

FutureMagOwner
07-19-2002, 01:54 PM
when about 7%(something like that) of the market is tourney players marketing to rec players is alot smarter

TheTramp
07-19-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by mykroft
No.

They own the market for low-end & rental guns, why bother with the tourney scene.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

JEDI
07-19-2002, 02:06 PM
I agree. I'd love to see a tourney level gun from tippmann. Something a little more sleek. I know they're capable of doing it. Just to see a nice looking tippy.

07-19-2002, 02:08 PM
i am not shure if this is true or not, but i heard that tippmann is the importer that imports the angels in from overseas. if that is the case, then they have a nice piece of the tourney level action too.

DaFlip
07-19-2002, 02:14 PM
You heard wrong.

Back on subject, should they, I would say no. They are great making rugged, throw against a tree, rock gun and should keep it that way too. Tippmann knows there is a gun that is tourny level and is built like a rock, its called a Automag.

DaFlip

liigod
07-19-2002, 02:15 PM
should they make a high end gun? no.

dre1919
07-19-2002, 03:09 PM
I think it depends on what you consider a tournament marker and then also what kind of tourney. I captain Team Voodoo and we play novice and amatuer events in a local area. One of my forwards/point men uses a new A-5 and he loves it. Of course, he's pimping it out as much a one person can. Right now he has a Lapco drop forward on it, as well as a six stage expansion chamber. It has a heavy trigger on it, but that will be taken care of once he gets the ebolt system for it. After that, he's going to get an Arudus barrel (as long as they make one for the A-5).

Once he gets done with it, it should be pretty heinous. He's a cop, so he digs the military real gun look of it. He also doesn't tend to follow the current trends and instead goes for what he likes/feels good in his hand. For him, he chose a Tippmann. I don't have a problem with this or feel it diminishes our tourney chances by having one guy with a Tippy. (we have my Hypered RT, 2 other RT's, a 68 Mag, and a Shocker.) Really, I think what is more important is personal choice and the player behind the gun. Back in the day, I used to play with a pump in groups of semi players. (which has got to be something akin to going into a real war with a shotgun!)

I would like to see Tippmann create a high end marker something of the RT/Bushy/Angel/Shocker mold, but if you get a good player and combine them with a decent middle ground marker and some upgrades they'll be ok.

mykroft
07-19-2002, 03:29 PM
Tippmann doesn't distribute WDP in the US, it's WDP that distributes Tippmannin Europe.

rudy
07-19-2002, 03:31 PM
yes I think if tippmann put thier minds too it they could make a nice gun. and I can always use more selection. But why would they bother they are doing so well now. In order to sell a tourney level gun you will have to sponsor teams and always be at tournaments servicing it all for a tiny slice of the tourny market.

HoppysMag
07-19-2002, 07:54 PM
I like tippmann cause they offer a quality product ( Better than BE and spyders in my eyes) at an affordable price...

i think the A5 could have been a decent tourney gun ( comparable to like a low end Egun) but that hopper, and MP5 look killed it in tourney and left it for senario/weekend warriors...

kevdupuis
07-19-2002, 08:19 PM
Tippmann does sponsor atleast one tourney team. The Paintgirls for one, and I'm sure there is one other out there.

Kevmaster
07-19-2002, 08:28 PM
i think that tippmann knows where the money is. Brass Eagle owns the newbie market and is the largest company in Paintball(more rays out there than ALL OTHER guns COMBINED)--i think theyve found the right market to get into