PDA

View Full Version : Z-Lock Pin is in about 4 pieces

Tack
07-19-2002, 06:18 PM
The other day I pulled the air valve out of my E-Mag conversion and found that the little pin that helps line up the valve was broken into about 3-4 pieces. I tried calling AGD today but their tech lines are closed until Monday.

My question is do I really need this piece to be able to run my Mag or will it be fine without one until I get another one in?

a_malfunction
07-19-2002, 07:09 PM
You could take a small nail (or other small peice of metal) and cut it down to size if you needed to.

Tack
07-19-2002, 10:14 PM
I thought about that and probablly will do it unless AGD is willing to send me a new one. I looked on the web store and they sell for like .50 or something. I really don't want to put that on my card. Sounds kinda dumb but I'm the type that if I am going to buy something on a card I want to at least feel like I used the card.

My biggest worry is if I don't do anything will something bad happen? Will the AGD Gods come down from the Heavens and strike me down? Well I doubt it but I just want to find out if there is any damageing aspects to playing with it without the pin.

Blennidae
07-19-2002, 10:50 PM
I was under the impression the z-lock pin was a safety device. In case your field strip screw sheared, it would protect you from getting a valve in the face.

BlackVCG
07-19-2002, 11:11 PM
It's just a safety device. The gun will operate without it, but you need to replace it. What you can do is go to a hardware store and get a roll pin that is the correct diameter and then cut it to length.

Tack
07-20-2002, 11:26 AM
thanks Black. I am going to my field tomorrow after work and will see if the field owner has any extras if not I will just grap something to use.