PDA

View Full Version : On off warp add on

Fury2
07-19-2002, 06:27 PM
I realy appriciate all you guys helping me. I have another question about the warp feed.

How do you add an on off switch to the feed. I know you can buy parts from radio shack. But what's the wireing diagram and what parts do I buy?

Thanks again Dansim,RogueFactor,tunaman and all you others out there.!

Prezents
07-19-2002, 08:32 PM
I have done it to mine, do a search and you will find it.

Scooter/Cootie
07-19-2002, 11:55 PM
You can do a search or PM Timmy63 or Chupas2. They setup the majority of our team.

subbeh
07-20-2002, 12:12 AM
Find a Single Pole Single Throw (SPST) switch at radio shack. Make sure you know how big of a hole to drill to mount it. Take the nine volt adapter, that you put the 9 volt battery into, and cut the black wire. Strip a little of each end of the cut wire. Then, tie, or better yet, solder, these ends onto each little prong sticking out of the switch. Then, drill a hole and mount the switch. It's that simple.

I put a Green LED on mine, in parralel (spelling I know, I worked 8 hours then played 4 today I'm beat), so I can tell whether the things on or off.

Here's a pic...

subbeh
07-20-2002, 12:12 AM
And on, in the dark...

darklord
07-20-2002, 03:16 AM
subbeh, good job on that on/off. I like it!

subbeh
07-20-2002, 08:10 AM

CleenSweep
07-20-2002, 08:43 AM
Try this:

http://obdo.flipty.com/mods-12vwarpfeed.htm

it's the 12v mod the on/off switch should just break the positive circut.

P.S. If your going to do a twelve volt mod put in a 10 microfared capacitor (polarized) so that the sensor will work ok and the voltage will have the right drop.

Jonno06
07-20-2002, 09:39 AM
someone could make some money by charging people to send in thier warps to get LED and On/Off

Clare
07-20-2002, 12:52 PM
subbeh, very nice!.. I've got just the plain ol' on/off switch but no fancy shmancy leds!
:( :p

subbeh
07-20-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
subbeh, very nice!.. I've got just the plain ol' on/off switch but no fancy shmancy leds!
:( :p

Thanks :) I'm a big electronics geek. Not like it took much. Only problem you encounter is that normal LEDs don't work off of 9 volts, a resister must be added in order to drop the current, otherwise you can watch your pretty LED go POP.

I am replacing it with a blue one. Blue LEDs are rather rare and expensive, therefore awesome :)

If anyone wants me to do this to their warp, give me a PM. I might consider it. I like small projects anyway... Just let me know what you want, and I'll let you know what I can do. I can also do the 12 volt modification, which uses 2 nine volts (my warp doesn't have this right now... I actually haven't really had a need for it yet, but it'll be in my projects list. :)