PDA

View Full Version : ElementEclipse - THIEF

Grey_Goose
07-19-2002, 07:22 PM
It's been over three months since I paid $100 for a Z-Grip. Multiple times he's lied about sending it. He has ignored my e-mails, etc.

DO NOT TRADE WITH HIM UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF.

rjvemt1
07-19-2002, 09:23 PM
what about establishing some US regional 3rd party trades.i guess they would have to be recruited from the ranks of traders with GREAT reps.maybe a case to case basis.

Grey_Goose
07-19-2002, 10:37 PM
Rogue, thanks, and I think you're right; maybe we should cross-ref our lists (both good & bad) between known good traders, save everyone time. I've tossed around the idea of setting up a web-page of traders w/ who they've traded with, just a list, but never got around to it... maybe something like...

John Doe; PBN: pimpz; AO: magpimp
Thumbs up: name, name, name
Thumbs down: none

Just an idea. What do you think?

rjvemt1, I thought about it and have done it for a few people, but the problem is that it gets expensive. Just re-shipping alone is around $20 (if you properly insure a $500+ marker), and that doesn't count costs involved in firing a few test rounds or time. People just don't want to pay that on top of a trade...

rjvemt1
07-20-2002, 09:17 AM
the whole 'double the shipping' cost thing crossed my mind just as i was logging on this morning:( i guess we are just gonna have to deal with a few bad apples in the barrel.

Grey_Goose
07-21-2002, 10:41 PM
Here's my first try. (http://vodkaworld.net/pblist.html)

It's a massive task, I didn't realize how massive until I started. Still trying to figure out the minimum rating a person I haven't dealt with must have to tell me about a trade to make it "count"...

Pile & A Half
08-02-2002, 06:43 PM
Good Job Grey.....I think that list will help a lot of people out in the long run. I think it would be well worth the time and effort you are putting into it.

eric
08-05-2002, 02:48 PM
I have an idea, you all just send me your guns and money that you want to trade, and I will probably give them back. Don't worry, you can trust me;)

eric
08-05-2002, 03:34 PM
:D I was joking, calm down.
Geeze, some people.

kutter
08-05-2002, 04:40 PM
Well I suppose that if you are talking about spending only a couple of hundred dollars then the extra 20-30 dollars from a third party trades seems a lot, but when I bought my SFL I used Donngie as a third party. He was awesome. I bought some other stuff from him also and he shipped everything at one time. It cost me extra but he checked everything out and he and I figured out exactly what I would need to get another complete setup.

I like your list Grey, a lot, I think its an excellent idea, but to protect high value purchases, I would encourage everyone to use 3rd party. To give you an idea of what I went through, I was trying to set something up on several SFL's and everytime I mentioned 3rd party, until the last one that is, I could never contact the people again and I always agreed to pay the 3rd party fees. This is not to say that the people were dishonest, they may have found someone that caused less hassle for them and felt no need to respond, but I did not get a warm and fuzzy from it.

Just my .02, I could be wrong.

dwp138
08-06-2002, 09:51 PM
Yeah i did buisness with this guy once....i sold him a z-grip and he said he would send the payment asap...then i got another email from him the next day saying how he doesn't have a gripframe anymore, and there was some big game comming up (the date he said the game was on, was a monday) and if i could ship the zgrip and trust that the money order was in the mail.
i said "Ok." but i wasnt going to ship it without getting the money....if the money order had come, i would have sprung for next day shipping....but it didnt...for 3 weeks....he kept telling me how the mail system was all screwed in his aera, and that the mail is just really delayed....i used it against him and said the z-grip must be stuck in the same detour...as this was all going on i was watching his posts on AO and he must have sold the thing 3 times before ever getting it... remember he still didnt have a gripframe...but he was selling a z-grip...this guy is a scum bag.