PDA

View Full Version : Oregon AO Day

Junky
07-19-2002, 09:26 PM
Sept. 7th at Warpaint.
If you need directions let me know.
It will be $15 and Food will be provided.
It's BYOP DRAXXUS paint will be sold at the field.

I might being having people pre-pay along with registering if we can get a better deal, I'll let you know.

Please respond to this link http://www.paintballoregon.com/cgi-bin/POF/YaBB.pl?board=evepo;action=display;num=1027961233

magking1971
07-19-2002, 11:48 PM
What part of Oregon?
If it is around the northern Oregon area I can make it.
LMK

Junky
07-19-2002, 11:53 PM
Warpaint is in Salem.
To get directions go to their website
www.warpaintinternational.com

I figured we could use Warpaint because they have huge air and woods fields, they have plenty of parking/stagin area, it's the most central place in Oregon and they are cool people

netjunk1e
07-20-2002, 12:32 AM
I would be VERY interested, except i start school around the 7th and wouldn't be able to make it. I might depending on my schedual but i don;t get that for a month or so. Well hope it works for the rest of us Oregonians.

MiniMag66
07-20-2002, 01:12 AM
Sounds good to me. Keep me updated because I would REALLY like to have an AO day in Oregon.

Gijim
07-20-2002, 01:39 AM
I live in S.W. Washington and would definitely come if one was set up. Can't really help since it is a few hours from me, but I would be willing to bring PIE:cool: or something. Try talking to the guys at Paintball Online they might be willing to help out also.

magking1971
07-20-2002, 06:38 AM
Salem? I'm there!!
It will be a drive but what the heck(I live just north of spokane)

Junky
07-20-2002, 09:16 PM
so far I have about 10 Paintball Oregon people and 3 Ao people that have agreed to go.
So I'm off to Warpaint on Monday to work out a deal with Vince, he said if I could get a group together we could work somethign out.
Tell all your friends the more people we get the better deal we can swing.
Be sure and let me know if you can go..
I'll have more details and list of people going probably Tues. or Wed this week.
Watch paintballoregon.com for details and I will keep you posted here.

RT_Luver
07-20-2002, 11:41 PM
I just got back from Oregon today. I had a great time skiing at Mt. Hood. well, wish I would be there during that, I would diffenatley come

xtreme paintball
07-23-2002, 12:57 AM
Hey, I'm up for it! I live in The Dalles, so it would be a couple hours drive, but I think it would be worth it!

Junky
07-23-2002, 09:53 AM
so far it looks like about 15 people between here and Paintball Oregon that are going

Yipe
07-23-2002, 10:46 AM
I will let everyone at Paintball Online know about the AO-Oregon day as we have several registered AO users (and proud AGD supporters) working here.

By the way, I've played on most of the fields aroud NW Oregon, but have not been to Warpaint Outdoor. What is the field like? Woods like Splataction or speedball like Weekend Warriors? Safe? Clean?

Hasta,

Yipe

Junky
07-23-2002, 11:27 AM
Warpaint has woods that have little forts, and a big hill they call hamburger hill that has a fort at the top and they usually play attck and defend with it.
They have a road going through another part of the woods with forts on one side.
They have a big game there every 6 months that turned out 300 people in April.
They have a new Diablo air field in there speed ball area.
I'm going to go there this weekend and get pics for everyone to see.

Tubby_Ninja
07-24-2002, 02:13 PM
Count me in for two people!

surfer349
07-24-2002, 03:00 PM
ausome plan man. I used to live in Albany, which is like 15 mins away from Salem. Im going out there this sat, but sadly won't be there for this event.:( :(

Junky
07-24-2002, 03:03 PM
you are goin to warpaint this saturday? or your going to Albany this weekend?
I'll be at Warpaint outdoor this weekend

surfer349
07-24-2002, 03:26 PM
i am going to albany to see some friends this sat. no paintball however

Junky
07-29-2002, 11:51 AM
Ok guys I'm going to set this in stone so we can start getting a count.
Sept 7th. at warpaint we are going to get together for a BBQ and play some ball.
I have invited all the Automags Online members to join us so we can all get together and meet some new people and get a good turnout.

I will provide the meat for the BBQ, drinks, and chips and I'm going to need some help grillin' and probably going to need another grill.
Let me know what kind of meat you guys want and flavor of Gatorade or Powerade.

We are going to start it at 10:00 and go to like 5:00
So far the entry will be $15 if you have your own equipment and it's Bring Your Own Paint.
We will have extra paint available DRAXXUS

Let me know if you need to rent or if you need to get a waiver to have your parents sign..
Also if you would like to help let me know.

Please sign up on this page at Paintball Oregon I don't know why but for some reason it is seperating the URL when I use the URL code so just go here http://www.paintballoregon.com/cgi-bin/POF/YaBB.pl?board=evepo;action=display;num=1027961233

Tubby_Ninja
07-29-2002, 12:07 PM
Hey Junky,

The link doesn't seem to work. I get "You are not allowed access to this section".

Junky
07-29-2002, 12:33 PM
I fixed it ....thanks

bigsarge72
07-30-2002, 02:24 PM
Well, I'm in the Army now, and I'm stationed in Hawaii (yeah, I know, it really sucks :cool:), but I was born and raised in Oregon.
Any of you guys remember: Joker's Wild, Five-of-a-Kind, or Warpigs. I played with all of those teams back in the day. I also used to work at Curt's store in Eugene (used to be Paintball Games, now it's Paintball Palace).
Just checking to see if there are any peeps I know out there.

sarge

@TheOne@
08-12-2002, 04:31 AM
I can be there most likely...Maby someone can help me get this damn ReTro valve to work on my Minimag!--- Oh whit day is it, sat? sun?

Junky
08-12-2002, 09:32 AM
It's on Saturday

@TheOne@
08-12-2002, 01:08 PM
Aight cool im %90 sure i can go then

magking1971
08-15-2002, 08:41 PM
Me and one other will be there, I might be able to talk him into bringing his grill to:)

chrisj
08-15-2002, 11:48 PM
I'll be there. I might haul a couple of friends along as well. IS it okay if non Aoers show?

Chris

Junky
08-15-2002, 11:54 PM
I'm mixing AO day with Paintball Oregon day.
It's ok if they don't shoot mags...not everyones perfect.

I kinda need to know how many are going so I know how much grub to get.

Riotz
08-22-2002, 02:35 PM
up for ao days

xtreme paintball
08-22-2002, 05:10 PM
Sept 7th is the first weeekend after I start school, so this will be a cool way to have fun after that. It is also the day before my B-Day, so it'll be great to have a Birthday paintball game!

Tubby_Ninja
08-22-2002, 11:15 PM
Hey Abe,

How's AO Oregon day shaping up? Lots of people contacting you? I'm looking forward to it. Let me know if there is something you need done.

Junky
08-30-2002, 12:40 PM
Just a little updat on the AO day at Warpaint.

We will be combining people from the Paintball Oregon forums with this event.
Currently I have 35 people showing up, with only about 7 mag players, WE NEED MORE MAGS OU THERE!!!

As far as prizes go: I have Dye t-shirts, Brass Eagle red dot sights, 8) 500 rnd bags of paint, various stickers, and more to come on the day of the event.

Warpaint may be getting on board and supplying us with some more stuff to giveaway (if you ever been to their big games then you know what I'm sayin')

If enough people show up Diablo migh tbring out their 4500 table and set-up. Also Dan Bonebrake is going to try to be there, so if you guys wanna play with an ex pro you might want to think about comin' by.

Lets make this thing be dominated by mags, bring your friends!!!!
For more info email me directly at admin@paintballoregon.com or stop by our forums for info.

BlackVCG
08-30-2002, 03:36 PM
What are the paint prices at the field? I'll try to get out there to provide AGD Tech Support and play.

Junky
08-30-2002, 04:15 PM
Rec-sport $45/case
Midnight $55/case
Blaze $60/case
Inferno $75/case

Please invite everyone out, we got free eats too!!!

Pvt.Opium
08-30-2002, 05:29 PM
1 word of advice. we planned a ao day at sc village cali and there were bugs all over man. we had problems with evrey thing so just plan evrey detail in advanced.

Opium

MagKoko
08-30-2002, 11:17 PM
on that note, i'm heading down to WW tomorrow (saturday), short notice, but you all can join me :). Ill be the guy wiht the blazer w/ CP Flame drop...

EDIT: NEVERMIND, im not going, but dern down there is.

Dern
08-31-2002, 12:07 AM
I am surprised to see so many oregon people here. I didn't think there were that many on AO.

MagKoko
08-31-2002, 12:10 AM
dern is a fern who doesn't know what he's learned

Dern
08-31-2002, 12:25 AM
EVERYONE MAKE FUN OF THE FUNNY LOOKING MAGKOKO!!! HE HAS NO CLUE WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!

MagKoko
08-31-2002, 03:33 PM
ah damn, the ferret got me there.

Junky
09-02-2002, 11:11 AM
anyone that needs to have parents sign waiver here is the link :
Warpaint liability waiver (http://www.paintballoregon.com/waivers/warpaint.html)

MagKoko
09-02-2002, 05:00 PM
up, it's on the second page!

Junky
09-03-2002, 06:08 PM
I need everyone that plans on attending to reply to this thread
click here for final confirmation (http://www.paintballoregon.com/cgi-bin/POF/YaBB.pl?board=evepo;action=display;num=1031012782) that way I can get a rough estimate on all that are attending.

xtreme paintball
09-08-2002, 12:53 AM
Well, I just got home fro PO/AO Day at Warpaint. It was a blast. Well worth the few hour drive. I look forward to attending Supergame 24 down there.

For about half of the games we devided into Mags vs. Cockers. I admit, Cockers got the best of us in Attack and Defend on Hamburger Hill, but we toasted em on the air ball field.

Id like to thank Abe(Junky) and Vince from Warpaint for putting this on. They even tried setting up a sattelite dish in the back of a pickup so that we could watch the UofO vs. Fresno State game, but they couldn't get a signal, so we just cranked up the pickups stereo and listened to it.

I got to meet some cool people there. Junky, Magking, Tubby Ninja, and a few others. NOTE: Tubby Ninja should consider changing his AO name(those who were there know what I mean);)

The raffle was cool...everyone got something...I won an issue of Facefull magazine and a Diablo sticker sheet(I was hoping for the Diablo Jersey, but hey, what can ya do?).

The weather was great for play. :cool: Sunny, but pretty cool. It started to shower after most people were finished, but a few of the younger guys who still had some paint just ignored it and used the rain to their advantage. They were slidding left and right across the field.

I hope Abe gets some of the pictures up pretty soon and then everybody can see the paint shower me and another guy took while trying to defend the right flank against 9 opponents. Needless to say, I wasted my money on my splash kit, cuz I got one for free up there. (If the pictures get posted, you'll see what I mean.

NOTE 2:When 1 stubborn/determined person bunkers another stubborn/determined person, something bad happens. Namely, neither is willing to stop firing:D

All in all, it was great and I enjoyed another great day of paintball with good food and great people

BlackVCG
09-08-2002, 01:26 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it out guys. :( I should be out at Weekend Warriors this next Saturday, so maybe I'll see some of you guys there.

aaron_mag
09-08-2002, 04:52 PM
I was only able to make it to the last two hours of this event. Missed the mags versus cockers battles but had fun playing air ball.

Did have a problem with the Level 10!!!!! Turned out, however, to be my fault. I didn't tighten the power tube tip enough during the last maintenance.

Hope to have more events like this. It was fun. Everyone was laid back. No yelling or screaming. Perfect for adults like myself who are looking for the weekend escape from work:D .

Next time I hope to actually eat at the barbecue. Thanks for the event Junky.:D