PDA

View Full Version : 6psi?

Killaman
07-19-2002, 11:14 PM
That is next to impossible....? Only the Emag could prolly do that! The mag is prolly around 47psi if we COULD get it down there....Im not perfect but im gonna study the valve and see what could be done to Actually increase air flow.... (no darn 8-hole mods[it dont work])
I saw sum1 say something about a stabilizer based reg..... as elmer fudd would say..."hmmmmmmmm, could be!"

BlackVCG
07-20-2002, 02:24 AM
Umm... what?

Killaman
07-20-2002, 07:31 AM
lol

Vegeta
07-20-2002, 09:27 PM
I am not even going to being to explain to you what you just said. Not worth the time...

Killaman
07-20-2002, 09:51 PM
im ROFL im trying to decipher what i sed....My prehistoric newbness is cumin out...no offense to noobs....u make me look good

Vegeta
07-21-2002, 01:48 PM
You cam in here and basically made youself look like an idiot, sorry. Let's outline the idiocy of that post:

1. the title of hte post itself is ridiculous. If you have any scientific background or anything bit of true info on the tech of a marker... you would know htat a 6psi operating pressure is just plain stupid.

2. "That is next to impossible....? Only the Emag could prolly do that!"
Just shows the idiocy even more. What I like to call a 'six year old comment'.

3. "The mag is prolly around 47psi if we COULD get it down there...." The mag's regulated pressure to the valve is around 400 PSI from the A.I.R. reg. I think you are just making this stuff up...

4. "Im not perfect but im gonna study the valve and see what could be done to Actually increase air flow.... (no darn 8-hole mods[it dont work])"

You have already proven that you know nothing about fluid mechanics, physics of a marker... basic tech issues of a marker alone. Increasing air flow will not directly result in bringing the op pressure down to '6 psi'.

5. "I saw sum1 say something about a stabilizer based reg..... as elmer fudd would say..."hmmmmmmmm, could be!""

What can I say.... ;/.

So there are two things that you could have been thinking when posting this-

1. you just grabbed some words that have been flung around this board, put them in a thread taht you think people would respond to and make yourself look smart.

or

2. Your thoughts on how a marker operates ahev not matured enough to realize what you said was total garbage.

At least TRY to understand soem thigns and post only what you know about. Deep Blue is made up of soem very smart people as some of us have seen in past threads, and these people can easily spot out when someone doesn't know what they are talking about or is jsut making stuff up to make themselves look smart.

Angry Man
07-21-2002, 07:34 PM
I believe that one atmosphere is about equal to 14.7psi. (Something around there.) This would mean that 6psi would suck the ball in, also your post is incoherent.

07-21-2002, 10:07 PM
if you had a guage that read 6psi, the contents of whatever you were measuring would be 6 psi above it's envyroment.

sniper1rfa
07-22-2002, 10:54 AM
i bet he was thinking of the little bit of mis-information on ICE's site, that it takes 6 psi to chop a ball (maybe they were thinking of the ream they were using in the gun?).
but, anybody worth anything in the design/engineering field knows just saying "6 psi" means absolutely jack. i could make a ram that will chop a ball at 1 psi over atmospheric. just make its diameter a foot.

bjjb99
07-22-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by 314159
if you had a guage that read 6psi, the contents of whatever you were measuring would be 6 psi above it's envyroment.

Unless it's reading 6 psia instead of 6 psig.

Sorry, I just saw the nit and had to pick it. Most gauges read psig.

BJJB

07-22-2002, 12:46 PM
if you exert the force on a paintball in a very small area (ex: tip of a needle) it takes verry little force to pop a paintball ;)

maglovercoco
07-22-2002, 02:14 PM
by reading that post i just got dumber. I am now going to kill myself... good day

sniper1rfa
07-22-2002, 03:04 PM
random #s - never though about that. but saying "chop" would mean you would have to use a knife as an example, not a pin. ;)

maglovercoco - which post?

07-22-2002, 08:33 PM
a knife can have a really thin edge ;)

Vegeta
07-23-2002, 11:50 AM
I think you guys are getting off the topic that this guy has no diea what he's talking about. Yea.. I'd say thats it.

maglovercoco
07-23-2002, 11:56 AM
the first one

Miscue
07-26-2002, 09:00 PM
This does not belong in DB. Thread Closed.