PDA

View Full Version : How many shoots do oyu get witha scuba tank?

Jason Reed
07-20-2002, 02:12 PM
my uncle works for the fire department and is going to give me some old scuba tanks. i was wondering how to set my scuba tank up so i can run my gun directly off of it, so i can do some rapid firing and not have to go fill every 1500 shoots. also how do i fill a pmi 88ci 4500 tank with a scuba. i know i need a fill station but which ones are the best and what is the process.
thanks

FrAuStY
07-20-2002, 03:01 PM
I know with the correct fittings you can connect it via a 3000 psi rated remote.. good luck luggin the scuba with you. Also..are they scuba's or scba's? The difference is scuba is heavy and made from aluminum.. and the scba is made from a thin aluminum fiber-wrapped tank. Basically a big paintball gun tank. I think they only run to 2000 psi though..not sure. You'd have to somehow remove the regulator built in to the scba and replace it with a higher output (800 psi)one. Good luck... make sure they tanks empty if you do that.

The Scuba... you'd need a fill station. Since you're only using a scuba to fill with you won't need one with guages. Scuba shops will only fill a scuba tank to 2900psi thats why guages are optional. I think 888paintball has one for like 40$. Once you have the scuba filled..the fill station attached to the scuba tank, your paintball tank connected to fill station. Open the valve on the scuba slowly until you hear air coming out. Don't fill the tank too quickly as it can get warm and that will weaken the fiber. If its a steel tank be extra careful not to rapidly fill the tank.

I get about 7500 rds of a scuba. I think thats about right..dunno as it doesn't matter. only costs 2$ to fill my scuba and I get about 13 fills for my 68/3k

Mango
07-20-2002, 03:03 PM
5 billion!!!! :confused: :confused:

ronron2112
07-20-2002, 05:46 PM
Frausty, you get 13 fills from your scuba or 13 "top offs"? Because when i was thinking about buying one, the guy at the shop said that you can never get a complete fill, you can only top off from it. he said somthing like: "the first time you fill it you might fill it up to 2800psi, then the next time you fill it it might go up to 2600, then 22" and so on, have you noticed this?

Hexis
07-20-2002, 06:32 PM
Well, you can't really top off, since you never get to 3000psi. With each fill you equlize the pressure in the scuba and paintball tank (it's really a one way flow, but the paintball tank is always lower pressure). Since you use some of the pressure each time you get a slightly lower psi fill each time. So yes, it's like 2900, then 2700, then 2500, and so on. The drop in pressure will depend on both the scuba tank size and the paintball tank size, abd also how much pressure is in the paintball tank each time.

Jason Reed
07-21-2002, 12:05 AM
no it is a scuba tank and i am getting 3. i am going to buy a fill station for them. but to run my gun off of one of the scuba tanks what do i need exactly and where do i get it.

Hexis
07-21-2002, 12:14 AM
To run it off a scuba tank you would need a regulator to regulate the 3000psi in the tank, down to a usable 800psi or so. Like any HPA tank reg. I'm not at all sure how you would hook this up, I don't think the threads are the same. Also, an 80cf scuba tank is huge and heavy, you would have to be daft to try and carry that on the field with you.

Jason Reed
07-21-2002, 12:23 AM
i am not going to carry this on the field with me it is to use at home and to fill my nitro tank at the field. i will hook my gun up at home from the scuba and at the field i will fill my nitro tank from the scuba.

Hexis
07-21-2002, 12:27 AM
See, that's not "running the gun off it", that's filling the tank off it. To fill a paintball HPA tank from a scuba tank you need an adaptor. Here is an example:

http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1691_41913031

Which you can buy at:

www.paintballgear.com: Scuba Fill Station (http://www.actionvillage.com/031-9000.html)

Paintballer86
07-21-2002, 09:57 AM
Couldnt you just leave the scuba tank hooked up to your nitro tank, and just leave all the valves open, and have th scuba tank just constantly refiling the shot you just took? Like be filling your tank, have the line running from the tank to the scuba and all, and than just shoot it like that.

Jonno06
07-21-2002, 10:07 AM
yea,kinda like how butters hooked up the scuba tank to the emag and did 30bps...so it has an open flow....