PDA

View Full Version : What else should I get for my cocker?

CRog075
07-20-2002, 02:24 PM
I dont know what my next upgrade should be? Pic:

CRog075
07-20-2002, 02:25 PM
The pic cut off the barrel, but its a CP barrel .689

FutureMagOwner
07-20-2002, 02:31 PM
well if you dont like slide i would suggest a hinge
if not then i would recommend new neumatics and a bolt and maybe a new valve

CRog075
07-20-2002, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I think im gonna keep the triger frame for now. But I was looking at neumatics and damn they are expensive!! Will this help performance alot if I buy a new better one?

irbodden
07-20-2002, 02:39 PM
A drop, hinge and a palmers frontend :D

CRog075
07-20-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by irbodden
A drop, hinge and a palmers frontend :D

LOL forgot about a drop :-/ Where can I get a palmers frontend at? thx

pimpedmag
07-20-2002, 03:00 PM
i think a drop forward or a reg if u yet dont have one

Muzikman
07-20-2002, 03:00 PM
I'm with Irbodden on this one. Sliding triggers are annoying so get a hinge. You REALLY need a Dropforward bad. and being a huge fan of Palmer I would say get a complete micro front end.

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/CATALOG/CKRPRTS.HTM

Muzikman
07-20-2002, 03:04 PM
Other things you might think about...

Reg so you can adjust the velocity easier
Steelbraid lines instead of that Macro junk
Warpfeed (I have a hard time playing without one now)
What valve is in there?
What type of bolt?
What hammer kit?

I know people buy cockers cause you can make them look cool, but I say performance first, looks later...

CleenSweep
07-20-2002, 03:27 PM
Cut, carve, and anno that body. Make it look personal to you.:)

MagNumPI
07-20-2002, 03:38 PM
Get a LVL 10... no wait thats mags.. lol Sorry had to do it.

SIGSays
07-20-2002, 03:51 PM
you should get a lvl 10 mag for your cocker.... roflmao.. i had to say that too!

CRog075
07-20-2002, 05:20 PM
LOL I traded my MAG for this, mags werent my thning even though they are really good guns. Had to go cockers.

joeyjoe367
07-20-2002, 08:12 PM
lookin' good, but you're in Dire need of a drop. A shocktech would look nice on that.

Remember, don't go too long on drops so that you have to twist your arm in funky positions. It's not what the "pro's" do, and you just look like a moron :)

kosmo
07-20-2002, 08:52 PM
Gah morons, the whole lot of ya! Sorry I just get hostile when people enforce personal preference as fact. Do not get a hinge trigger just because everyone tells you to. If you like the Dye frame, stick with it, which you said you did and yet people keep saying get hinge. And as far as drop goes, get whatever feels good. I personally have mine dropped way forward because it is more comfortable for me and my arm doesnt twist in weird ways. I don't care if the "pros" have different preferences than me.

Anywho, great place for cocker stuff is g3pb (http://www.g3pb.com) Prolly the best parts store in existence. As far as pneumatics go, Palmers are great. And yes they do increase the performance, especially the trigger. Well the 3 way helps the trigger. Also, it is possible to attain a "lvl 10" effect if your pneumatics are properly tuned so that you cant chop a paintball. Freeflows got famous for that. Not sure if theyre still set up that way cuz they seem to be mass marketing them, but I know that it used to be custom ordering them they would set up the pneus perfectly. Cocker tuning is an art, so if you're not gonna slap these parts on and tune it yourself make sure and find the best place.

BTW go to Ravi's Paintball Place (http://www.paintballravi.com). It is probably the single greatest autococker encyclopedia on the internet, and you will learn a whole hell of a lot about your gun.

edit: BTW joey I just took a closer look at your post and picked up the sarcasm in the "pros" comment. I apologize.

CRog075
07-20-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by kosmo
Gah morons, the whole lot of ya! Sorry I just get hostile when people enforce personal preference as fact. Do not get a hinge trigger just because everyone tells you to. If you like the Dye frame, stick with it, which you said you did and yet people keep saying get hinge. And as far as drop goes, get whatever feels good. I personally have mine dropped way forward because it is more comfortable for me and my arm doesnt twist in weird ways. I don't care if the "pros" have different preferences than me.

Anywho, great place for cocker stuff is g3pb (http://www.g3pb.com) Prolly the best parts store in existence. As far as pneumatics go, Palmers are great. And yes they do increase the performance, especially the trigger. Well the 3 way helps the trigger. If you could find it you would learn a whole hell of a lot about your gun. Also, it is possible to attain a "lvl 10" effect if your pneumatics are properly tuned so that you cant chop a paintball. Freeflows got famous for that. Not sure if theyre still set up that way cuz they seem to be mass marketing them, but I know that it used to be custom ordering them they would set up the pneus perfectly. Cocker tuning is an art, so if you're not gonna slap these parts on and tune it yourself make sure and find the best place.

BTW go to Ravi's Paintball Place (http://www.paintballravi.com). It is probably the single greatest autococker encyclopedia on the internet, and you will learn a whole hell of a lot about your gun.

edit: BTW joey I just took a closer look at your post and picked up the sarcasm in the "pros" comment. I apologize.

Thanks dude, thast post is the best yet. I agree with you, I like my frame, but i wont complain about ppl saying that since they took there time ti help me and be nice. Thanks for the links and details.