PDA

View Full Version : Field day with the Warp Feed.

Arturus
07-20-2002, 08:17 PM
It was my first real day with the Warp Feed mounted.

The first 100 or so balls (used allstars) shot without a problem, even tilted to extreme degrees.

Then suddenly, the balls would no longer be fed into the barrel/breech. The disc would turn, but it just wouldn't be pushed in. Trying to figure out why, I looked to the breech and kept firing. Obviously I chopped. It was because I didn't have the powerfeed plug pushed in all the way. Removed all the balls and started from scratch. No real problem after that. I only put through 200 balls or so... couldn't wait, so I went straight to the games.

Chopped twice the whole day, and only because I short stroked it. Considering I didn't really give time to get used to the warp feed, I wouldn't say that's too bad.

The first on my field to bring over a Warp Feed, I think. Attracted a lot of attention, with questions - with all positive feedbacks. I also mention the lvl 10 each time I go there. The field refs who know about it are extremely interested and plan on getting back to their mags.

As everyone else, I hear from people, "Mags are coming back... " They left?

Can't wait for my lvl 10 to ship. I'm done with my Mag then. No more add-ons or upgrades.

:D

Oh, almost got in trouble with one of the newer refs. People were reporting that there was a guy on the field with a full-auto. :rolleyes:

No sheep here, just a satisfied customer.

complicationjack
07-20-2002, 08:45 PM
it's always nice to hear a success story

Aranarth
07-20-2002, 10:41 PM
Warp sure does bring a lot of attention when you are the only one with one, neh? I have the same thing. It seems that everybody wants to see it, pick it up, shoot it. I could be a much better agd spokesman if I was right handed. :D
Hope you like it though. Takes a small amount of time to 'adjust' to the weight balance.
-AranarthX

DiRTyBuNNy
07-20-2002, 10:51 PM
yes..us lefties are getting the short end of the stick...i tried it but with the orientation of the warp after the bracket had been flipped over..well..i hated it so much i sold it...

joeyjoe367
07-21-2002, 12:27 AM
hehe, I Also took my warp out for the first time today. There was a lot of people looking at me kinda funny, and wondering what it was/how it worked/if it worked well.

I love this thing. Shooting out left side has never been easier. only part of my face/barrel is exposed, and same goes for right side. The "Hopper-Camo" was also kinda cool. No blimp sticking out of a bunker to alert people of my position.

I was pretty happy with how mine worked until something went wrong, and a ball broke inside the warp-hose. I had goo all over the inside of the warp which took a while, and in the process I ripped the battery attatchment clip off :P

Stupid me.

I guess I just have to get a soldering iron and stop by a radio shack.

Perfect Tommy
07-24-2002, 08:21 PM
I had a similar day with my warp on Sunday, except I also had powerfeed plug issues.

Saturday night I set up the warp on my RT. When I plugged in the 9V, one of the connections fell off! I cannibalized the battery backup connection on my alarm clock to get it up and running; my butane soldering iron now lives in my paintball bag.

I had 2 problems:
1) I took a close range hit to the warp feed hose and it broke a ball. I didn't notice until the next game, when the warp very efficiently fed the goo all over the place. I pulled the warp and played with a revvy for a while.

2) After taking a break to clean up the warp, I put some paint through it at high rates. I was using a PF left, with the 90 deg. warp adapter on the top and the stock PF plug in the bottom (stock) location. About every 20 balls, one would hang, either at the 90 deg. adapter to PF or the std. PF plug. I found the pressure from the warp was denting the paint, and the imperfect paint was hanging at the 90 degree direction change.

To fix this, I'm playing with the time the warp stays on with each trigger from the intelliframe. Next, I'm changing the warp layout so I'll be feeding the balls into the bottom of the PF with the long warp PF plug inserted in the top, eliminating the warp 90 deg. adapter.
Tom

cphilip
07-24-2002, 08:39 PM
The slippage and non slippage issue: It takes time to slick up the disc's. Plenty of info here on how to speed that process up. But eventualy and soon it will get slick and not hang. Smear a ball of paint on it and it will slide real good.

The Power feed plug backing out issue: It will clear up when the disc's get slippery enough. There is a little extre push at first. You can recheck it often for a while and that will clear up or you can change the spin time by changing the jumpers. Make it spin shorter each time its activated.

The Tube strike break probelem: Drill the hopper and run the hose through it. Protects almost all of the tube. Locks the whole set up on real nice and tight and reversing it is only $5 for a new revy half. DO IT! You will not be sorry.

these problems each I have seen and they are all solvable and all the solutions are already posted here on AO. Enjoy the warps. Its all solvable. I know from experience. Most of them will clear up on thier own.

Perfect Tommy
07-24-2002, 10:20 PM
I read the thread on lubing the wheels (and all the warp problems I could find) and then inadvertantly did it with my hose break, but I may have cleaned the warp too well.

I'm currently playing with the jumpers, it makes a lot less noise in my apartment than running paint thru the various hose adapter configurations. Besides, making one change at a time confuses me a lot less.

I saw a couple of warps run thru the hopper last weekend. It hides the hose, but forces using the 90 deg. adapter to the top of the powerfeed. It's an option, but I also want to try running the tube under the frame into the bottom of the PF.

It'll take some messing around with it to get it right, I'm sure. No, I'm not disappointed, I enjoy screwing around with the gun as much as playing.
Tom

Mossman
07-24-2002, 11:03 PM
Sounds like ya need a different body :)

I never liked running the hose under the body. A body swap will fix it though, are you a lefty?

Perfect Tommy
07-25-2002, 07:14 AM
Nope, rightie. I may eventually get a warp body, but first I want to try a few different configurations.

cphilip
07-25-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Perfect Tommy

I saw a couple of warps run thru the hopper last weekend. It hides the hose, but forces using the 90 deg. adapter to the top of the powerfeed.

Yes sorry it not practical without a warp body. Then you do not need to use the 90 degree. But you can see what I mean. When you get the money up for a warp left or a Hopper right (your right handed?) you will be even more pleased and solve this potential problem.