PDA

View Full Version : what's your experience with a freak?

complicationjack
07-20-2002, 08:24 PM
on my epic journey to find a barrel that shoots nice an will fit paint well...i have brought myself to consider a freak system. many people seem to purchase them and hang on to them...indicating approval...

im just wondering if anyone could share their experiences (and pictures) with freaks an their beloved mag.

Jonno06
07-20-2002, 08:37 PM
i love my freak.... 16inch black tip,with SS back..works like a charm

all i could want and a bag of chips..or paint...

complicationjack
07-20-2002, 08:40 PM
that's what it sounds like...but you can't count strictly on advrtising...you know the truth gets bent...

it just sounds very nice to buy the set and never have to buy another barrel.

alf
07-20-2002, 10:27 PM
im pro-freak...its really nice if you own a lot of guns...

here is why:

you buy the full kit...then its like you have 8 different barrels....now you buy an angel...all you need is the back (40-65 dollars), and you have 8 MORE barrels...now you get a cocker...and another back, 8 MORE barrels...oooooohhhh...now you want a little shorty tip...buy one for $40-50, and you have a grand total of...

(sounds of calculating)

48 barrels...(3 backs X 8 inserts X 2 tips)

if youre only going to have one gun, it might not be too economical...

BUT, the most important part, even if you have one gun, is that they are really accurate, and you WILL get the BEST paint/bore match that is humanly possible.

-alf

cphilip
07-20-2002, 11:28 PM
Like mine it's all I use now realy. Never had a problem with it and it shoots great. find matching the paint so easy and helpfull.

Prefer 10 and 12 inch tips. The way it works out with the mag set up its 1.5 inches longer than you expect. So be aware of this.

CP makes a nice system too but pricey and I have an OTP cocker one that seems to work good too.

spider54
07-21-2002, 12:06 AM
good idea but i think it is too much work, after a chop u have to take the sleeve out and wipe that down, just a squeege job wont do paint will ooze back into the barrel

Jason Reed
07-21-2002, 12:08 AM
spider54 if you get L-X you will never chop again.

Pand0ra
07-21-2002, 12:05 PM
One of the best barrel out there. Simple as that.
We're all playing with a Freak in my team, and are really happy with the precision of the barrel.

Only problem: the whole kit is very expensive :( .

I never found them harder to clean than any other barrel (granted, I use water to clean it and takes the time to do it).

Another barrel at the same level of qualiy as the Freak comes from Equation (http://www.equationusa.com/).
They're even better as the inserts are in stainless steel.

@++

mykroft
07-21-2002, 01:01 PM
I love my 2(Angel & Cocker). Picking up a Mag & Spyder Freak too.

Don't buy the full kit. Just get the barrel with a .689 insert, then buy the .687 and .684 inserts and you're set. Also don't rely on the sizing written on it, always match your paint to the insert.

Th Freak has me down to one barrel bag, from 10+barrels for 4 different guns (At one point I owned 6 mag barrels, 2 spyder barrels, 2 cocker barrels and 2 angel barrels, all but 3 were brought ot the field regularily. Now I carry 1 cocker, 1 angel, 3 mag, 1 spyder, all in one bag, and soon I will only be using 4, once I have the rest of my freaks.)

Army
07-21-2002, 02:02 PM
what's your experience with a freak?

Well, there was this one girl back in High School that I was........

OOOOooooohhh, the barrel system..I thought you...see I was thinkin........umm.......sorry.

Jonno06
07-21-2002, 03:38 PM
lol Army....
when i chop i squeegie it,and it works fine,u dont have to take a sleeves out...i just wish i used more than one sleeve...all i use is .689....stupid pmi/rps premiums:)

FaSSt
07-21-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by spider54
good idea but i think it is too much work, after a chop u have to take the sleeve out and wipe that down, just a squeege job wont do paint will ooze back into the barrel

I disagree. A quality squegee works well.

vlhockey22
07-21-2002, 08:22 PM
There great barrels! I have one on my Rat impy. I reccomend and AA tip it seams a little bit more quiet than the teardrop and freak tips. Just my opinion though.

bratch
07-21-2002, 08:34 PM
I'm going to buck the trend. I was not impressed with the freak on my mag. Others I have talked to agree with less than stellar performance in a mag but recommend them on other guns. The mag is the only experience I have with one.