PDA

View Full Version : level 10 on a 93 mag

mike e
07-20-2002, 10:59 PM
i read a post on docs machine shop that said doc was having trouble installing a level 10 on his mag which is a 92. the mag i will be installing it on is a 93, do i need any special treatment before i install and risk ruining my level 10 kit? i really want this to go smoothly. he said he had trouble with the pressure relief and the sear, should i watch out for these? what am i looking for? what else do i worry about?

AGD
07-21-2002, 01:28 AM
Don't worry just try it.
AGD

wolverine85929
07-21-2002, 05:33 AM
Just do it. I just put LX on my 92 mag and it works great.
Thanks AGD for a great product.

Doc Nickel
07-21-2002, 03:38 PM
Concur: don't worry about it.

One fellow told me there was something about the sear shape, but I haven't found anyone else that has heard of that. And my sear looks the same shape- other than the carbide insert- as an RT sear from last year, so I'm going to ignore that for now. If it wears as the poster in my board mentioned, I'll take it from there.

As for the reg piston, that would have been a problem even without the LX kit. You probably will need to get a higher-rated piston, especially with both HPA and an LX kit, but I'm sure that AGD can hook you up properly. The mod I did was simply a "band-aid" solution to get my particular gun running as soon as I could.

So, no worries- stuf it in there and go play.

Doc.

athomas
07-22-2002, 10:54 AM
I put the Level 10 on a 93 vintage mag and it works fine with no modifications.

mike e
07-24-2002, 01:53 PM
thank you all for the help