PDA

View Full Version : We Need a Wisconsin AO Day

subbeh
07-21-2002, 08:53 AM
We have tons of people from Wisconsin here, especially southern. We should really set something up... thoughts?

I guess we could play at Stalker or Apocalypse... or somewhere else?

What do you guys think?

kosmo
07-21-2002, 04:23 PM
Booooo cheeseland!

BTW, up. Cmon I know theres some cheeseheads on here lookin for a cheese gathering. Show some support for your fellow cheese people.

automan39
07-21-2002, 05:20 PM
i agree. What about holding it at Milwaukee Paintball Center though

subbeh
07-21-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by automan39
i agree. What about holding it at Milwaukee Paintball Center though

That'd be cool. Members of my team have played there... they have an indoor air field correct?

I'd be definatly in...

I know we got tons of Wisconsinites here what's up!?

Hexis
07-21-2002, 07:10 PM
How about a lil more central so some of us peeps from Minnesota can join in the fun?

BTAutoMag
07-21-2002, 08:23 PM
how bout elkhart lake. there's a local field that doesnt charge much, has HPA, co2, and paint.

elkhart lake is pretty central (sheboygan county) it's a resort town. has road america, the osthoff, seibkens, bare foot bay.... the list continues.

subbeh
07-21-2002, 08:56 PM
If I have the right area in my head that isn't central... Isn't that southeastern?

I would prefer to go to a field more AOers know and frequent, therefore more would show up.

...?

pumpamatic
07-21-2002, 09:06 PM
Heck I'm at Stalker a lot come down and we could have an AO day. The talk of the day was a z-gripped classic with a Dye Aluminum purchased for 50 bucks from Apocalypse. Add the two emags and my classic, and we had a good mag showing.

subbeh
07-21-2002, 09:21 PM
I would prefer MPC or Apoc over Stalker, only because a few of my team mates are no longer welcome at Stalker.

They were sponsored by stalker, then one day someone told them to stay for free in the camp and ref the next day. So they stayed and went to ref, and were told that they didn't need refs anymore. Then they were asked to pay for the campsite. They got pissed, blah blah blah you know the rest :)

'Mag
07-21-2002, 09:39 PM
Hey, where are you all from? I'm from Forest Lake, MN which is about 30 miles northest from the Twin Cities. If you had something withing about an hour of my house I'd like to come.

P.S. To all MN players, where do you all play, and what do you think is the best field?

subbeh
07-21-2002, 10:59 PM
I'm from Wisconsin Rapids, near Stevens Point and Wausau.

pumpamatic
07-21-2002, 11:25 PM
What was the name of that team? I find Stalker to have good prices- 12 field fee, 50 for a case of midnight or 32* or like 55 for blaze. I don't like to be selfish but Stalker is easier for me and I like it over Apoc. That's just me, but I don't plan on driving 3 hours to play paintball.

subbeh
07-21-2002, 11:33 PM
No I understand and you're right. In fact stalker would probobly be better.

We don't seem to have many people intersted at all though :)

Linx
07-21-2002, 11:54 PM
Me too. I'm dying to play with some fellow Mag-gots:D
I'm from Eau Claire, WI so I too would perfer having a central location. Stalker would be OK though. I could probably get another guy or 2. I hate feeling left out on these AO days when were only a state away from AGD anyway. Maybe we could get Tom to come. I'd love to shake that mans hand....and maybe kiss his feet. JK:p

PS.......pumpamatic, sorry about that game at Stalker when I let you borrow my E-Mag. I'm glad you guys still won that game. You'll be happy to know that the boys at AGD are fixing it for me and upgrading the software. I should have it back before the last day of the 3 Man. If you want I'll let you try it again. :)
On another note, you remember Adam? Blue E-mag. He said he played like crap with his new IR3 so he will now be keeping his E-mag and be getting Level 10 for it. I think I impresed him when he stuck his finger in the breach. Brave guy, he didn't even hesitate. I then held a ball with my fingers half way in the breach and shot it 8-10 times before it slipped into the breach and shot out. You should have seen the look on his face. ....priceless:D

Xen
07-22-2002, 12:17 AM
Yea I would goto it. I live about an hour from the WI and IL border so I could attend. Just need dates set up so I can clear the schedual.

zvanut
07-22-2002, 12:19 AM
if it aint too far for me (st. louis) i might see about making the trip

skipdogg
07-22-2002, 08:11 AM
doesn't matter to me. Just let me know a date. Stalker is probably the most central... BUT Sam's big game is in October, and AGD is always there for that. Maybe we should do it at Sam's for the big game?

subbeh
07-22-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by skipdogg
doesn't matter to me. Just let me know a date. Stalker is probably the most central... BUT Sam's big game is in October, and AGD is always there for that. Maybe we should do it at Sam's for the big game?

That's another good idea. I've actually never been to Sam's before...

MPC-Tim
07-22-2002, 09:37 AM
If you guys want to hold an AO day at MPC sometime I'll give all fellow AOer's free field fee for the day. I have a conference room which would be great for a tech class. As we are indoor maybe MPC is a better place for a AO Christmas Party! :)

I'd love to get Tom K. up to play at MPC, also.

Skipdogg - Did you see the article in the Sunday Milwaukee Journal about MPC?

alkafluence
07-22-2002, 01:38 PM
In all reality if you really did want to have somewhat of a central location that people from both Minnesota and Illinois could reasonably hit, I would pick stalker. Look at the map below.

Linx
07-22-2002, 01:56 PM
I agree, Milwaukee is kinda far from me. Stalker would be better. Plus Mike seems like a nice guy. I've only briefly spoken to him but he was more then happy to help me out. If we got a hold of him we could probably set something up pretty easily.

subbeh
07-22-2002, 02:27 PM
I agree... Stalker is a strait drive down thirteen for. My concern really isn't WHERE, but getting people and organizing it.

So we are decided on stalker?

SiLeNt X
07-22-2002, 02:56 PM
id love to go but I only have my permit at the time... I live in Elk River, MN. If I could talk my neighbor (ex paintballer) into going and use one of my guns I might be able to go but I would like it closer to the boarder if there are any places over there.

wimag
07-22-2002, 03:02 PM
Stalker is good for me. Only 10 minutes from the house.
Sams big game in the fall is a great idea as well.

subbeh
07-22-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by MPC-Tim
If you guys want to hold an AO day at MPC sometime I'll give all fellow AOer's free field fee for the day. I have a conference room which would be great for a tech class. As we are indoor maybe MPC is a better place for a AO Christmas Party! :)

I'd love to get Tom K. up to play at MPC, also.

Skipdogg - Did you see the article in the Sunday Milwaukee Journal about MPC?

I didn't see this... WOOPS! No kidding? I didn't realize we had the field manager (?) among us! This would be a great idea... what do you other guys think?

Chupas2
07-22-2002, 03:37 PM
I'll try to make it. I can see if the rest of AGD Pride wants to go too.

subbeh
07-22-2002, 03:41 PM
When would we want to do this? It would have to be at least a month away for me, as I'm dead broke and the money for the month is spoken for :(

Linx
07-22-2002, 04:09 PM
I'll start a new thread to see who can make it for a Wisconsin AO day. That way we can get a head count to see if it's worth it or not.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43958

pumpamatic
07-22-2002, 06:22 PM
Hey linx, don't worry about it. I probably won't have used your emag if it had been a team we were really rivaled against like High Voltage or Mirror Image. Psycho Cows are cool, I mean they're definetely there for a good time so I figured it would be no biggie to step on the field with an unfamiliar gun. It wasn't too upsetting because I just stood there and took paint from there back center while my teammates could do the work. We still got the flag and hang if I remember right.
Sure I remember Adam, I was playing with him sunday at player's club/team practice. He would be wise to keep his emag, his IR3 kept double feeding. Other than that everyone there had a great time. His teammate who wears the 32 Degrees splat jersey was using his Emag most the day. I was kinda suprised to hear one of my friends on Team Xtreme Heat- who owns 2 angels- say 'wow that's a nice emag.' Mike- the owner of stalker- is a pretty good guy, I'm sure he would gladly accept us there, maybe we could get him out to play. Heck, they rent mags there, so everyone could shoot a mag!

skipdogg
07-23-2002, 08:40 AM
Pump, yeah the gun not working is probably what kept you alive...otherwise i woulda lit you up! Needless to say that was me pounding your bunker.

Tim, yes i saw the article..posted about it on your message board.

alkafluence
07-23-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by wimag
Stalker is good for me. Only 10 minutes from the house.
Sams big game in the fall is a great idea as well.

I think most of us make Sam's Big Games by default. But it would be cool to hook up with the other AO'ers there.

As for Stalker, I don't see anyone seriously disagreeing. It's really, just a little ways off the Highway that goes right through Wisconsin Dells.

I like the Christmas Party idea!

pumpamatic- do you mean Adam from MPC?

BTW- Mike the owner of Stalker shoots an RT, and loves Mag's. I'm sure we could set something up with him (heck he'd probably even jump in and play a bit).

Normally Stalker is FPO, but on certain days [I think it's still the first Sunday o' the month] you can BYOP. It would be nice to BYO. Nevertheless, Stalker's paint prices are pretty reasonable, as opposed to say Sam's.

pumpamatic
07-23-2002, 12:17 PM
alka- I don't really know! He just got a black IR3 and he's been shooting it stock everytime I've seen him. He still has his blue and polished emag, normally topped by a halo. He's told me where he's from but I can't remember.

And who are are these people who are saying they live so close to stalker? I never see them there! And if I do I don't know them and haven't talked with them.

I might be going to stalker today, I'll say something to mike about this whole shindig.

Yeah stalker's location isn't too bad. Eastbound on 90/94 get off on the first dells exit and take a right. Westbound left off of exit 85. Go about 5 miles and you'll see the sign to the left. Apoc's location is a little better, you know you're not lost because you can see the hyperball field from the exits!

I think the best idea is stalker or apoc sometime like august and MPC later into the fall- indoors.

alkafluence
07-23-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by pumpamatic
I might be going to stalker today, I'll say something to mike about this whole shindig.

Maybe you can con-nive mike into joining the forums... :)

subbeh
07-23-2002, 12:42 PM
Later today I am deleting this thread... so there will only be one AO day wisconsin thread.

pumpamatic
07-23-2002, 02:42 PM
Okay, so I talked to mike today, turns out someone on here, I'm thinking Linx, called up mike and mentioned the idea to him. No date set yet. Mike thought it would be really cool if we did do it there. I kinda forgot to ask him about playing with us.

Yeah I shoulda asked Mike if he'd like to join this forum, even though I think his main gun is a Stalker Cocker, plus he's busy most the time. It would be sweet though.

PS- if you're at stalker you'll see a mag on the counter to the right of the store- that's mine! It's for sale, ask me if you're interested. Something's wrong with the on/off, I replaced a couple of o-rings but then got lazy and dumped it on them. I'm thinking it's the on/off pin, but I don't feel like making 10 trips back and forth to there just to get it right.

And why delete this thread?