PDA

View Full Version : Finally some good press about paintball...

MPC-Tim
07-21-2002, 09:54 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/Enter/gen/jul02/60127.asp

rehme
07-21-2002, 10:17 AM
yeah really on one of the pictures on the right there is a gun with warp feed

Aranarth
07-21-2002, 08:45 PM
Kind of sad in a way that the second of the two aspiring businesses mentioned in the article got shot down, though. Look at the arguements given against it. Trucks full of beer outside. Vandals. Traffic was the only valid point that I saw. Oh well. If I was local, hopefully I would have the opportunity to frequent the competitors of those neighboring businesses.
-AranarthX

subbeh
07-21-2002, 08:51 PM
Sad, but from what I hear MPC is doing great and the community can't touch it!

A field almost started here, but numerous letters to the editor stating that it would bring drus into the neighborhood caused it to not get approved by the zoning board. The old people here are stupid and they get involved in things that don't even matter, while ignoring everything else.

nic m85
07-21-2002, 09:14 PM
It's nice to see some good news about paintball:)

MPC-Tim
07-21-2002, 10:36 PM
You'll be glad to hear that when the story came out in the Sunday paper the picture with the warp feed was on the front page of the Metro section in living color! The article was half the front page (huge picture) and a 2 page spread in the middle.

Halliday
07-21-2002, 10:42 PM
Good article and some great photos. I love close-ups of players when you can see their eyes. Great.

kosmo
07-21-2002, 11:28 PM
Has anyone actually been to a field where they allow alcohol? None of them I've ever been to do, and I would assume most if not all prohibit alcohol for insurance and liability reasons. Obviously paintball players are a bunch of crazed drunks out to hurt the local economy by wandering around a business park!

DDC
07-21-2002, 11:58 PM
ive been to a feild werr achohol was alowed. half of my team was drunk:confused: :p

MPC-Tim
07-22-2002, 11:49 AM
You would be surprised at how many people ask if I sell alcohol at the field! I have a bar with root beer on tap, but thats as hard as it gets..:)

alkafluence
07-22-2002, 12:45 PM
From the article:

At a public hearing July 1, several nearby business owners said they were worried that paintballers might vandalize their properties after they finished playing at Brush Fire.

Mark Jorgensen, who owns Jorgensen Conveyors Inc., said he feared the type of people who would go to Brush Fire.

"They will be in my parking lot with their trunks full of beer," he said, "and leaving their bottles there."

Another business owner, Tom Janus, said he plays paintball but added, "I like paintball, but I don't want it here. I'm worried that you can't control the people when they leave the building."

I can't believe the amount of F.U.D. that people try to spread about paintball. People
(ie- Jorgensen) who have probably never even played or experienced paintball.

How hard would it be to take facts based on current fields of similar types and present them at a commission type hearing. Take MPC for example. Have there been outstanding problems in that area? The village planner (Gallo) even stated that there have been no problems. So why would there suddenly be problems if there was one in Mequon?

It all seems like yet another case of N.I.M.B.Y. !!!

What needs to be done is to take the commissioners and nay-sayers out for a fun day of paintball and show them otherwise. It would also allow them to make a decision based on the facts.

MagManOne
07-28-2002, 10:47 PM
Hey Tim, fellow paintballer in Hubertus. Keep it up, you're doin awesome. It's great to give local pballers some pride around here. I read the article in the newspaper myself about paintball; some points are positive, and some are negative...too bad they can't see that paintball is, in the majority, a clean sport.