PDA

View Full Version : Cops rant thread

bornl33t
07-21-2002, 03:03 PM
Any cops here? Good. Cause I want a word with you. Do you think because I am not a cop? I am deserving of less respect? Am I not as good a person because I'm not sharing the same profession? If you answered no to any of that. Then next time you pull over a fellow officer, off duty, make sure you give him a ticket. Cause I'm sick of seing Doug get outta tickets. I pry just got on the case of about EVERY cop in the us.

CRog075
07-21-2002, 03:32 PM
I kind of agree and disagree. If a another cop speeds, but not relly much over, than he shouldnt get a ticket cause cops already risk there lives saving citizens and a little get away with a ticket should go by, but if there like going 20 mph over, than ye they do need one. My dad whos a cop got pulled over, but he flipped thought his wallet, the cop saw his badge and let him go.

ThePatriot
07-21-2002, 03:55 PM
Professional Courtesy, my dad is a doctor...when we went for our physicals and dental work at the same building he worked at, we got it for nearly free. Doctors call it courtesy, dont know what cops call it, it happens in almost every profession, for instance my little brother got his toe sewed back on for free...and when my dad injured his arm a year ago, the surgery costs were cut in half and the X-rays were free, because he was a doctor.

FutureMagOwner
07-21-2002, 04:21 PM
if locally its because they know who it is and know they can handle going over the limit a tad(my mom drives like a nut though :D) but if its outta local then its more of professional curtiousy unless they get the ticket

rhetor22
07-21-2002, 07:17 PM
man i wish my dad sold porsches then...

Or if he was the owner of a 1969 Boss 429 mustang and had friends...

-Jôker-
07-21-2002, 09:13 PM
im a lifeguard and i dont let other lifegurds break the rules.... doctors letting the bill slide is one thing but a cop letting another cop break the rules, putting MY or ANYONES life in danger i say the cop should have his badge shoved up his butt and lose his job

clanger
07-21-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by -Jôker-
im a lifeguard and i dont let other lifegurds break the rules.... doctors letting the bill slide is one thing but a cop letting another cop break the rules, putting MY or ANYONES life in danger i say the cop should have his badge shoved up his butt and lose his job

I'm glad I don't work with you! You don't sound like a fun person.:mad:

bornl33t
07-21-2002, 10:41 PM
Rules have reasons. we are all under the law aren't we? Guess cops are above it...
lets see... I don't remember getting free car part while working for a parts store?

See the problem here is ppl are more valuable based on their profession. Reminds my of an episode of star trek voyager. Welp, my I'm gonna try and be a cop now.. just because I see the POWER they have. Once I have, hehehe.. ya'll are screwed :D :D

Restola
07-21-2002, 10:59 PM
I dont think the problem lies solely on police letting other police break the speed limit. I think the problem is mostly the fact that the speed limit is one of those laws, because it cannot be enforced routinely and fairly, that makes everyone respect the law less.

I think there should be "traffic police" and "real police". Then I could totally respect the "real police" for dealing with the scum of humanity, and I could respect the "traffic police" less for running red lights and driving 100 down the highway without their lights on.

The police have my pity. Doing what they do and having to take crap from all different angles. I just think some of the current traffic laws need looked at.

than205
07-21-2002, 11:38 PM
I want to hear what Shartley has to say about this.

-Jôker-
07-21-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by clanger

I'm glad I don't work with you! You don't sound like a fun person.:mad:

ok ok i admit it i break the rules and let other guards break the rules when im not looking lol or cant stop them lol but i still dont think the cops letting other cops speed is right lol

Mossman
07-22-2002, 12:35 AM
Listen. The speed-limits are made for the worst possible driver that is allowed on the road. If you cant control your car at 20 like a lot of old and decrepid people, you shouldnt be allowed to go over 30 on small roads. Cops drive around, and should be competent. They enforce the laws, and while double standards dont seem fair, its not like you drive below the speed limit.

EVERYONE DOES IT, you usually dont get tickets. If cops cant use their job to stop from giving the state 200 bucks they dont deserve from a ticket, what is the point. By that line of thinking every time your spedometer creeps over the speed limit you should send 20 bucks to the DMV

bad point, leave me alone, tired sam is

MagMan5446
07-22-2002, 12:53 AM
The speed limit isn't the bad thing about cops. It's the power trip that some (not all) cops have. Not just about traffic but about everything. Take the incident in Inglewood for example, why did they put those extremely not needed blows on him? Because they think they can and probably because that guy ain't nothing but "another nigger".

I myself have been smacked around by a cop. Not bad but way too much for being a witness to a little street brawl. The only thing that did was piss me off.

shartley
07-22-2002, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by than205
I want to hear what Shartley has to say about this.
This is a very touchy subject. And mostly because of the ignorance out there about it. I am not saying this as a BAD thing, or a slam against anyone, but most people just don’t have enough information, or knowledge about Law Enforcement (or laws) to make any sort of valid judgment.

I agree that there are some things that officers should out of courtesy “let slide”, and other things they should not. And believe it or not, most officers know the lines. Speeding, sure… Drunk Driving, NO. Speeding, sure. Reckless Driving, NO. (and speeding CAN fall under reckless driving depending on the situation) Spouse Abuse, and other such things, NO.

One thing people often fail to realize is that officers OFTEN let “civilians” speed as well, issue warnings, etc. It is not just a “cop” thing. As a civilian, I have been pulled over for speeding 3 times…. Resulting tickets… “0”. And I did not even mention that I am a former officer. Noone can MAKE the officer write the ticket, not even their shift supervisor, or chief. It is a call the officer themselves must make, after all it is their name on the ticket. (Don’t comment about “quotas”, that is another slight misconception as well, no matter what you have heard….. even from cops. “Priority” or “Area of attention” would be more accurate.)

This is the same with most laws and their enforcement. It is quite often up to the officer to make the call, NOT what the law says “has” to be done. I am sure noone here would want to live in a state that actually enforces ALL of its laws. The officers’ job is to try to keep everything running smoothly, safely, etc. It is to protect people from others and themselves. The good officers realize this… others… well, I will slam them in a heartbeat.

Sometimes letting something slide does more good than enforcing the law, but you would have to be in the position of the officer to see that most times. And many times when people think they pulled a fast one, they didn’t. The officer knew, but let it pass. Think of it as “parenting for the community”. LOL How many times as parents do we see our children break our rules, but let it pass because of the situation, or because it would just cause more problems than enforcing the rule would help? That is not saying we would let it slide ALL the time, but that is where our judgment comes into play. Same with Police Officers.

Do I see more bad officers lately…. Yes. Does that mean all officers are bad? NO. In fact it makes it harder for the “good” ones. I tend to see more and more “Linebacker” officers (look like football players) hired that don’t know their rear from a hole in the ground, or a single thing about being a Police Officer… and Women. Now there ARE good women officers, I am not disputing that at all, BUT (no offense to women) I tend to see most of them as quota fillers. But these are other issues.

As you can see, there are many misconceptions about officers, laws, and their enforcement. And I can assure you that people may see officers “getting off” from a speeding ticket and other minor offences, but that does not mean they are the only ones, OR that they are the majority who are.

KHartley
07-22-2002, 07:29 AM
Sam and I have had a few discussions on this topic.

I do think that some things should just be let to "slide". And yes, if you all think about it we don't always get a ticket for speeding nor do we always get stopped.

This is a very touchy subject. I think that officers have a tough job. They are human just like the rest of us and have bad days too.

Just my two cents worth. :)

Jonno06
07-22-2002, 12:05 PM
hm......if u break the rules,u should get a ticket,no matter what job u have

obsolete898
07-22-2002, 04:42 PM
I'd just like to add that since I have been in the military I've had 0 tickets. I've been pulled over a couple of times. I think when you have a profession that you put your life on the line for the community, you deserve a little more slack. I'm not saying let all of us to run rampent, but I see no problem in letting a $100 ticket slide for us.

Jonno06
07-22-2002, 08:23 PM
so joining the army will get me out of tickets?

hm.......

ide rather have a ticket

obsolete898
07-22-2002, 08:27 PM
so joining the army will get me out of tickets?

No it's up to the cop who pulled you over. I'd rather see you with a ticket.

shartley
07-22-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by obsolete898

No it's up to the cop who pulled you over. I'd rather see you with a ticket.
HeeHee

ronron2112
07-22-2002, 08:44 PM
Me being a dirtbiker i get my fair share of cops, but its seems to me that the young cops, maybe in their 20's and 30's seem to have their bullet proof vests in a bunch. and the cops that are "seasoned" about 50's are much more cool about it, theyve had kids, and seem to be more "realistic" then the younger ones.

I almost think that the young cops think that they HAVE to "prove" themselves to their fellow officers about some recent duties. But seeing as how i live in a preppy town, dirtbikers seem to be a prime target. sao maybe its just me

HoppysMag
07-22-2002, 08:46 PM
ronron2112 what i think it is, is experianced cops know that there are more important things...

07-24-2002, 01:10 PM
I think going over the speed limit is fine. If you are in the middle of nowhere and its a straight away and you are doing 100mph with no cars around the only person you are endangering is yourself. I think it is fine as long as your are driving with traffic and not in and out of it I.E. weaving.

bornl33t
07-24-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by shartley

This is a very touchy subject. And mostly because of the ignorance out there about it. I am not saying this as a BAD thing, or a slam against anyone, but most people just don’t have enough information, or knowledge about Law Enforcement (or laws) to make any sort of valid judgment.

I Agree

I agree that there are some things that officers should out of courtesy “let slide”, and other things they should not. And believe it or not, most officers know the lines. Speeding, sure… Drunk Driving, NO. Speeding, sure. Reckless Driving, NO. (and speeding CAN fall under reckless driving depending on the situation) Spouse Abuse, and other such things, NO.

I agree, but it's not so. I work in a warehouose and it's all to common that guys are laughing about getting caught for dwi but the cop just tells them to drive straight home.... BS. And I know that cops do let ppl off ono speeding, but as of right now, if I get pulled over for speeding I know I'm getting a ticket. 29 in a 25, 55 in a 45 and 68 in 45 (which was rather bull because it wasn't mark from where I got off the interstate up to the sign where it was listed as 55, but oh well.

And trust me when they come to my window, the engine is off the keys are on the dash, my hands on the steering wheel. i don't want to threaten them in anyway, they are the ones with the guns, but as I see it right now I intimidate them somehow or they wouldn't be so prone to writing out tickets. In the past 5 years that I've been driving I've been pulled over getting close to 15 times. 3 were for speeding, 5 for window tint, 2 for a missing light bulb in my tail lights, and the rest where without cause. Random traffic stops if you may. And I have proof of this, when you ask an officer why you got pulled over and they say speeding, and they are on dirt bikes without a gun, and to top it off you following a car and have a car following you up then speeding isn't an valid excuse.

I'm just really getting sick of cops. I've had nothing but bad runnings with them. I hear ppl all the time tell me how they got caught doing 100 in a 45 and getting off the hook. I will be a state employee some day... just for hte card and the free tickets. That's the only reason I want that. Does that sound a little like a cheat? Yup it is. :D :D

btw. I actually agree with everything that shartly has to say for once.. strange

Coaster
07-24-2002, 07:29 PM
well.. most police officers are trained to drive at these high speeds, so they have an immunity to this law. I think it is fine that they go over the speed limit 10-20 mph, but once (if) they get over 30 miles over the limit this is not safe, no matter how trained they are.

Will Wood
07-26-2002, 12:50 PM
All cops are different. Some will just give you a warning going 37 over the speed limit. (This happened to someone I know) Some will give you a ticket for only going 20 over in the same place. Some cops are nice, some cops are jerks. Up untill about 5 months ago...Me and freinds use to sleep over another freinds house all the time. Now only one of us at a time :) We would always sneak out and goto Big Apple to buy MD, or to the Library to talk to the janitor (real cool guy). And at this time of night..There is cops about. We usually meet. Some times they pull up to us, some times we walk up to them and start talking. Usually they are cool and we just talk and they don't care we are out at night. (there is no cerfew ..sp?) We once talked to one cop for a whole hour. Then one night..we get pulled over on the way to Big Apple. We we not walking in single file, which was his just cause for questioning us after pulling over to us. The trouble makers are way at the other side of town...Nothing happens where we were pulled over. He made us give our name, home address, phone number, and age. For not walking in single file...I was like ok and was prepared to leave. Then he gets out his phone. Calls all our parents. Tells them we were trying to cause trouble and being rude....which we weren't. We get in big trouble for trying to buy MD...

Latter we went to tell bob the janitor about this..and he said that the cop had no right doing what he did..He called the cop and a--hole. He knows alot of how the system works and stuff. He said he had no right doing what he did. We latter talked to a cop and he said the same thing..didn't call him what bob did, but suggested that he didn't like the guy who got us in trouble.

Cops are weird. I used to like cops. Now I don't because of this one incident.

obsolete898
07-26-2002, 01:53 PM

Because it was a conspiracy by all cops to have that one cop act rude?

Well I can see your point, I hate all mags cause mine chopped once.:rolleyes:

Edit: After furhter consideration your whole story is poo, and here's why. First of you snuck out, meaning to me you're younger than 18. So right there you are wrong. Secondly does your town have a curfue(sp)? I know mine does, so when I snuck out and we saw cops we ran.

So here's the situation, A cop is driving along late at night and sees a group of kids walking down the road. He can tell they are obviously underage and stops to see what they are doing(or cause there is a curfue(sp). So to make sure you guys are safe he calls your parents.

If he didn't call your parents and you guys got hurt he would get in trouble. So he really wasn't trying to be an jerk, he was doing his job and keeping you safe.

No offence but when you get a little older you may see it from a differant prospective.

shartley
07-26-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Will Wood
All cops are different. Some will just give you a warning going 37 over the speed limit. (This happened to someone I know) Some will give you a ticket for only going 20 over in the same place. Some cops are nice, some cops are jerks. Up untill about 5 months ago...Me and freinds use to sleep over another freinds house all the time. Now only one of us at a time :) We would always sneak out and goto Big Apple to buy MD, or to the Library to talk to the janitor (real cool guy). And at this time of night..There is cops about. We usually meet. Some times they pull up to us, some times we walk up to them and start talking. Usually they are cool and we just talk and they don't care we are out at night. (there is no cerfew ..sp?) We once talked to one cop for a whole hour. Then one night..we get pulled over on the way to Big Apple. We we not walking in single file, which was his just cause for questioning us after pulling over to us. The trouble makers are way at the other side of town...Nothing happens where we were pulled over. He made us give our name, home address, phone number, and age. For not walking in single file...I was like ok and was prepared to leave. Then he gets out his phone. Calls all our parents. Tells them we were trying to cause trouble and being rude....which we weren't. We get in big trouble for trying to buy MD...

Latter we went to tell bob the janitor about this..and he said that the cop had no right doing what he did..He called the cop and a--hole. He knows alot of how the system works and stuff. He said he had no right doing what he did. We latter talked to a cop and he said the same thing..didn't call him what bob did, but suggested that he didn't like the guy who got us in trouble.

LOL Doing something ILLEGAL and then complaining that the Cop that caught you did so using a cause that you think was not "probable"? LOL

Sorry, the Janitor would not be the best place to look for advice or opinions on this matter. And evidently the Cop you talked to did not know the full story, or he would have told you that almost ANYTHING can be "probable" cause... and yes how you were walking, where, when, how many, etc. can all lead up to reason to stop and question you. And his hunch and reasons paid off, didn’t they? Sounds like sour grapes, leading to a good wine. ;)

Also, more times than not, when I hear stories like this and actually check them out… they did not go down QUITE like they were being told. ;) I have even heard similar stories being told by people I KNOW and I was THERE, and it is not conveyed quite accurately. Funny how our own perceptions and positions in events dictate how it gets told later in time. :D But I know…. You are telling it EXACTLY how it was. ;)

As for the other comments…. I agree. :)

obsolete898
07-26-2002, 02:04 PM
Damn, if only I could type faster. Shartly you beat my edit.

shartley
07-26-2002, 02:10 PM
HeeHee... sorry. ;)

Will Wood
07-26-2002, 09:49 PM
Shartley...What is ILLEGAl about that? The single file thing? That is BS...even another cop said so-after hearing both sides of story..our side and asact quotes from cop. The other times the cops said nothing about single file. As for the story tending to change a bit...Yes it was a bit different. Try this:

*Parents said to be back at 11, can stay up till 2.
*We left at 12, came back at 1, after parents picked up from phone call.
*We were quite and respectful in residential areas.
*One of us made a joke about their name when questioned..The cops son's name. Quickly said J/K .. because false ID is illegal and you can be arrested for it.
*Cop called for back up after this.
*Calling our parents :
"First of all, I would like to let you know your son is alright. I am [name] from the Windham Police Dep. I caught your son right outside of Seaveys walking. I don't know if they were going to do anything, but if I was him I would be out here to cause trouble." That quote to all our parents...then just answering questions they asked.

I thought I said it but that musta been when I posted this story on another forum.
Yes..we are all under 18.
No, there is no town curfew
Yes, we were wrong to sneak out..That is not the point...it is about the cop.
Yes, all the trouble makers are miles away on the other side of town..not within walking distance from where we were
Yes..We have done this same trip to Big Apple about 5 times...And yes we have interacted with a police officer during this trips around 12-2. No, they didn't care what we were doing out..Well they asked..but didn't care.

samvalentine
07-27-2002, 12:21 AM
i hate pigs. they are the kings of hypocrisy. only can a job description of facsist apeall to those with an incredably small penis on a power trip. the only way they can feel adaquit is to opress others.

bornl33t
07-27-2002, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by samvalentine
i hate pigs. they are the kings of hypocrisy. only can a job description of facsist apeall to those with an incredably small penis on a power trip. the only way they can feel adaquit is to opress others.

Umm that's a flame if there is a cop present.. you might wanna edit that..

Ppl just to get it clear... I'm not bashing cops for who they are... I'm questioning their authority, and their supposed honorablility. Just being a cop doens't make you the president.. though some enjoy that respect and others try to hard to get that repsect. Respect to who it's due, if you let a fellow officer off the hook. You are no better then me letting Joe take 4 laptos and walk out the door of my store. Because I'm sure he's got an underpaying job and needs the money.

I'm sick of being singled out too. I'm a heck of alot better looking then most cops I've run into, I'm sure I'm a heck of alot more respected then many cops out there...and it's honest respect.. to my face AND behind my back and I guranteed you that my black mustang doesn't have a " copssuc " licensplate nor does it have blood dripping out the back... YET. But because I'm 23 and drive an above average vehilce no matter where I go I must have the moeny to pay for tickets, right? NO.. I think I deserve to be equal with every other man and woman out there and get my fair share of " I'm just gonna warn you this time" 's
But so far... if I'm pulled over for speeding.. I'm getting a ticket and I know it before the officer takes my license back to the car. Does that mean I'm rude to him/her? NO I treat every cop with respect and don't give them a reason to be afraid of me...heck I ask them if I may reach of my wallet, so they don't think a guns coming out. But you better believe it, once i got that ticket, that cops in for a rough ride. I want a buisness card with his name and his dept. along with his badgenumber on it.

btw, I have yet to go to court on a ticket either.. cause I was speeding right? why fight it? I'm honest and won't sink to their level. That's right it's lower then me...

shartley
07-27-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Will Wood
Shartley...What is ILLEGAl about that? The single file thing? That is BS...even another cop said so-after hearing both sides of story..our side and asact quotes from cop. The other times the cops said nothing about single file. As for the story tending to change a bit...Yes it was a bit different. Try this:

*Parents said to be back at 11, can stay up till 2.
*We left at 12, came back at 1, after parents picked up from phone call.
*We were quite and respectful in residential areas.
*One of us made a joke about their name when questioned..The cops son's name. Quickly said J/K .. because false ID is illegal and you can be arrested for it.
*Cop called for back up after this.
*Calling our parents :
"First of all, I would like to let you know your son is alright. I am [name] from the Windham Police Dep. I caught your son right outside of Seaveys walking. I don't know if they were going to do anything, but if I was him I would be out here to cause trouble." That quote to all our parents...then just answering questions they asked.

I thought I said it but that musta been when I posted this story on another forum.
Yes..we are all under 18.
No, there is no town curfew
Yes, we were wrong to sneak out..That is not the point...it is about the cop.
Yes, all the trouble makers are miles away on the other side of town..not within walking distance from where we were
Yes..We have done this same trip to Big Apple about 5 times...And yes we have interacted with a police officer during this trips around 12-2. No, they didn't care what we were doing out..Well they asked..but didn't care.
LOL You are kidding right? I am not wasting my time explaining why I said what I did…. I will only say that YOU don’t know how to read what you yourself wrote… I advise going back and READING your own words (in your previous posts) and NEVER get put on the stand or make a sworn statement without consulting a lawyer first (and a good one) because you will blow your own case. After all you are not doing too well even with your own "transcript" to review before posting additional comments. ;)

I have no doubt that even if the whole thing was on tape (the “run in” with the police officer) that you would still stick to the “victim” line. You did nothing wrong. And you would argue against the fact that if you had been where you were suppose to be, and doing what you were suppose to be doing, that NONE of it would have happened. I will not even argue the actions of the police officer in this situation…. If you were MY kid, you would be staying home for a LONG time. PERIOD.

shartley
07-27-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by samvalentine
Like Heat said, I too would advise DELETING your post. Not only are there Police Officers here, but former ones as well. Read my profile….

I found your statement to not only be rude, but shows a total lack of class, and outright ignorance. I have several categories I put people in, and so far you have managed in the FIRST post of yours that I have read, to be placed in the lowest of them. I would appreciate an apology (but don’t expect one), and a deletion at a minimum.

I will not even bother posting what Kim thought about that comment..... consider yourself getting off lightly.

Will Wood
07-27-2002, 10:00 AM
Shartley...Trust me...We all paid are dues for that one. Waking the parents up at 1 and them having to come pick us up because we couldn't be trusted by the other parents to be home be 11? Yea..We defeniatly paid. However..I may be clouded in my hatred for that single police officer...but please enlighten me to what was illegal. Breaking trust is not illegal, is it? Is the walking in single file law actually a valid one that not some old one no cop adbids by? I don't want to waste your time...Just one word to what was illegal and the punishment for it..

Hemlock86
07-27-2002, 11:23 AM
My brothers a cop, My brother-inlaw is a cop and my Dad was a cop. Needless to say they never get tickets. Some professions just take care of their own kind. If I was a cop, I wouldnt give another cop a ticket.

Peace

obsolete898
07-27-2002, 12:17 PM
Like I said earlier, if you put your life on the line for your community everyday IMO you diserve a little slack. I think some people don't the relize what putting your life on line everyday means.

bornl33t
07-28-2002, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Hemlock86
My brothers a cop, My brother-inlaw is a cop and my Dad was a cop. Needless to say they never get tickets. Some professions just take care of their own kind. If I was a cop, I wouldnt give another cop a ticket.

Peace

Welp, just don't give me anymore tickets and we're all good. :D :D

bornl33t
07-28-2002, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by obsolete898
Like I said earlier, if you put your life on the line for your community everyday IMO you diserve a little slack. I think some people don't the relize what putting your life on line everyday means.

If ya can't hack it, then you need a new profession. Sorry to be honest but that's life

ThePatriot
07-28-2002, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by shartley

Like Heat said, I too would advise DELETING your post. Not only are there Police Officers here, but former ones as well. Read my profile….

I found your statement to not only be rude, but shows a total lack of class, and outright ignorance. I have several categories I put people in, and so far you have managed in the FIRST post of yours that I have read, to be placed in the lowest of them. I would appreciate an apology (but don’t expect one), and a deletion at a minimum.

I will not even bother posting what Kim thought about that comment..... consider yourself getting off lightly.

Hey, remember Army's set of amendments? One of them was, you do not have the right to not be offended. What he said may not agree with AO's rules, and it may get deleted, but he doesnt have to apologize, and i thought law officers uphold the law? Well the law says he can say whatever he wants and not be persecuted for it, i believe deleting his post(and apologizing to you) are something he could do as a decent person, but why do you expect it? You arent owed a damned thing, if this society is worried about someone getting in trouble with the cops because he said something, well then the law officers are more corrupt than the society's laws they uphold.

Honestly, what do some laws not apply when they are spoken to law officers? This is what you are making it seem. He probably is an A Hole, and he probably doesnt care about anyone but himself, he probably doesnt understand what cops do, or how they risk their lives, but you cant touch him for what he said.

Oh, and i do agree someone like this is a jerk, i mean look at just his sentence structure, come on. He uses .'s randomly and doesnt even capitalize after them, and he cant spell worth a damn. Wow, according to his profile he is , born in May of '77, just, wow. No other word can describe it, wow.

shartley
07-28-2002, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by ThePatriot

Hey, remember Army's set of amendments? One of them was, you do not have the right to not be offended. What he said may not agree with AO's rules, and it may get deleted, but he doesnt have to apologize, and i thought law officers uphold the law? Well the law says he can say whatever he wants and not be persecuted for it, i believe deleting his post(and apologizing to you) are something he could do as a decent person, but why do you expect it? You arent owed a damned thing, if this society is worried about someone getting in trouble with the cops because he said something, well then the law officers are more corrupt than the society's laws they uphold.

Honestly, what do some laws not apply when they are spoken to law officers? This is what you are making it seem. He probably is an A Hole, and he probably doesnt care about anyone but himself, he probably doesnt understand what cops do, or how they risk their lives, but you cant touch him for what he said.

Oh, and i do agree someone like this is a jerk, i mean look at just his sentence structure, come on. He uses .'s randomly and doesnt even capitalize after them, and he cant spell worth a damn. Wow, according to his profile he is , born in May of '77, just, wow. No other word can describe it, wow.
Very nice post... but I MUST comment on one thing... you did not read what I wrote. Well, I am sure you READ it, but you did not comprehend what I actually SAID.

Well the law says he can say whatever he wants and not be persecuted for it, i believe deleting his post(and apologizing to you) are something he could do as a decent person, but why do you expect it?
Ummmmm... THIS is what I said (Note I did not EXPECT it, nor demand it.)

I would appreciate an apology (but don’t expect one), and a deletion at a minimum.
And in fact, as you can clearly see, I even made SPECIAL note that I did not expect it. So next time please use what I actually said if you want to make some sort of comment about what I said... that too would be appreciated. ;)

As for anyone owing me anything... LOL You are correct. But that is where simple appreciation, respect, and gratitude come into play. Same as with Service Members (of which I was also), Fire Fighters, Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, and the list goes on. We could say noone OWES them anything as well.... and be correct. After all, THEY chose the profession they are in, right? ;)

Sometimes people just make me shake my head.....

ThePatriot
07-28-2002, 07:51 AM
Well i did read it, but you see i was up all night, and i probably missed some part of it, or was too tired at the time. I will re read it and edit my post if necessary.

Actually, in your post regarding his statement no where can i find where you said he cannot be touched. You basically said the 1st post you ever read of his made you put him in the lowest rank for people you had. You also stated you wouldnt post what your wife said, because theres no time or it wasnt worth it, or something to that extent.

I didnt read your other posts, because i was responding mainly to your one post, in which you responded to what he said about cops and and their "small penises" and something else he said. I need sleep...my memory is failing me.