PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 performance issues...AGD please read

Moats
07-21-2002, 05:26 PM
Okay, so im pumped to play my first level ten tourney today, and had to chrono my gun. I had 1.5 carrier 2 shims, and longest bolt spring, input 850-900. I set it at 285-295 with a full tank 4500. I play a couple games, and chrono off at 320-330! I didnt touch it, and the tank ran down some. It was a 50 point penalty.So again i reset it to this time 270ish. I play fill up and then im shooting 230s. I fianally got to a happy medium of the two and was semi consistant.

My other issue, is that if my barrel is resting on a chrono or bunker, it won't shoot or cycle. Why is this. Dosn't seem logical to me, but im dumb.

On the bright side i didnt chop a ball all day, and it was hot.

Any help would be great. Thanks

TransMan
07-21-2002, 05:33 PM
Ok i may be able to shed some light on the barrel question.
Have you ever noticed your barrel jump when you shoot this is because its not a threaded barrelt its got the twist lock thing goin on. The fit of the barrel is more loose when you rest your barrel on a bunker or what ever the bolt wont be inline with the barrel. It wouldnt effect a normal bolt but the fricton created is enough to stop a Lvl10 bolt.
This is my theory any way and is in no way suported by the Staff and managment of AGD to my knowledge. Hope that helped

sniper1rfa
07-21-2002, 05:37 PM
did you make sure to take a bunch of shots before re-chrono-ing your gun? also, was the o-ring fully broken in? if it wasnt it could have been slowing the bolt, making it vent longer. then when it broke in, it would be venting for less time, leading to higher velocities.

when you rest the barrel on something, it is twisting the barrel and the bolt, making it hard for the bolt to move. the low pressure of the LX is making the bolt jam. try tightening the barrel detent thingy.

TransMan
07-21-2002, 06:35 PM
no dont tighten the Twistlock pin try not to ever touch it it wont do anything to make a tighter fit the only thing you can do is add another oring to your barrel.

athomas
07-21-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Moats

My other issue, is that if my barrel is resting on a chrono or bunker, it won't shoot or cycle. Why is this.

I had the same thing happen. I was chronoing and it wouldn't shoot. Then, I realize that it's only when I rest the barrel on the radar chrono that this happens. I can chrono properly now, but I am a little worried about what might happen if I rest against a bunker and try to get that perfect single shot some time.

AGD
07-21-2002, 07:50 PM
Now that there is very little pressure pushing your bolt forward if you rest your barrel on something it moves slighty. Now when you fire the marker the bolt is rubbing more against the barrel and it doesnt shoot. Float the barrel when you crono.

Big velocity changes is usually due to a bad reg seat or differing air pressure out of your tank from the beginning to the end. If you have a screw in tank you don't know what your output pressure is. Check that first.

AGD

Moats
07-21-2002, 07:54 PM
Im using a dynaflow, so i dont think that is it.

TransMan
07-21-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Now that there is very little pressure pushing your bolt forward if you rest your barrel on something it moves slighty. Now when you fire the marker the bolt is rubbing more against the barrel and it doesnt shoot. Float the barrel when you crono.

Big velocity changes is usually due to a bad reg seat or differing air pressure out of your tank from the beginning to the end. If you have a screw in tank you don't know what your output pressure is. Check that first.

AGD
Hey what do you know i ws right about the barrel thing

rx2
07-21-2002, 09:03 PM
When I first installed mine, I would chrono fine (+/- 2fps), but by the end of the game, I would be firing at 20 to 30 fps more. After I broke in the o-ring sufficiently, this did not happen.

AGD
07-21-2002, 09:45 PM
You guys with the velocity problems switch back to the old level 7 setup and see if it does the same thing.

AGD

ben_JD
07-21-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by AGD
...if you rest your barrel on something it moves slighty.This should not be a problem with the Extremes, correct?

Butterfingers
07-21-2002, 10:57 PM
I have no such performance issues. ~245 on ~245 off after 2000 rds.

The problem seems to lie in the barrel. The barrel is capable of shifting and slowing the bolt down resulting in velocity inconsistentcies. The lip of the bolt could get caught up in the breach and vent its air before its appropriate point. What I did was taper the edge of the barrel and polish the breach so that the barrel offers little resistance to bolt movement.