PDA

View Full Version : Emagnum board questions

the jackal
07-21-2002, 05:36 PM
I am thinking about getting an emagnum board and I'm trying to find out as much about it as possible. I am not too concerned about 20 bps or full auto because I play mostly at fields with a semi-only rule. Does the emagnum board offer any features beneficial to tournament play and does it have the mode jumper to lock it into semi only. Also it says on modified paintball that it has a dwell setting, I thought dwell was how long the ram/hammer held open the valve in markers like the angel and mags don't have hammers so what does this refer to and it also says there is no option for an led does this mean there is no readout on the grip frame? Finally does the stock board have an intellifeed link, I don't remember that being mentioned in the instructions, and if not does the emagnum board have one? Sorry for all the questions I e-mailed modified paintball with some of these questions a couple days ago but havn't heard back. Thanks for all your help.

sniper1rfa
07-21-2002, 07:06 PM
really the best feature is the adjustable dwell. it is the dwell of the solenoid for the sear. decreasing it to abotu 15 ms would make your gun much better on batteries, while still being reliable and good for the gun (not that power usage is a problem).

thats the one thing i know about the emagnum board.

magman007
07-21-2002, 09:59 PM
yes, it is an amazing board, and it is 100000x better than the stock board it also boosts the hal sensor, so you can make your trigger lighter and hav a smaller travel

AcemanPB
07-21-2002, 10:45 PM
sorry if this question is out of place but what is a stock emag capped at?

Thordic
07-22-2002, 07:00 AM
The trigger pull on the emagnum is ridiculously nice. I got checked for Full Auto after a game using an Emagnum Emag in semi. :)

cphilip
07-22-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Thordic
The trigger pull on the emagnum is ridiculously nice. I got checked for Full Auto after a game using an Emagnum Emag in semi. :)

Yes he did! And to tell you the truth he was full auto...IN SEMI! What a trigger finger! And who says Nentendo is a waste of time? :D

Emag stock board is capped at 16 BPS which is the industry agreed standard (Tom may be the only one honoring that) and perhaps the most practicle setting since the feed of a revy is not going to do any more.

manike
07-22-2002, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
Emag stock board is capped at 16 BPS which is the industry agreed standard (Tom may be the only one honoring that) and perhaps the most practicle setting since the feed of a revy is not going to do any more.

I believe the voluntarily 'agreed' standard was 13bps :rolleyes:

manike

Thordic
07-22-2002, 07:55 AM
13 was the limit, yeah. Did anyone actually stick to that?

EMags are at 16, I know my Timmy is capped at 14 (but the new SOB board is capped at 66 bps :) )

No one listens, everyone wants to shoot more and faster.

cphilip
07-22-2002, 08:15 AM
Oh yea...Sorry your right...

13... But can you pull it? ;)

manike
07-22-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
Oh yea...Sorry your right...

13... But can you pull it? ;)

Only if it's a sucker for english accents...

cphilip
07-22-2002, 08:57 AM
Pedophile!!!! :D

Just kidding Simon.

manike
07-22-2002, 09:19 AM
eeeewwwwwwwww....

I missed that bit :(

Pand0ra
07-22-2002, 04:06 PM
Funny mine is caped at 20 bps when the ACE is in position 02 :D . 16bps when the ACE is disabled.

This is with the version 2.21 of the software, of course.

@++

RT_Luver
07-22-2002, 07:58 PM
yes it has jumpers to lock it into semi. The dwell setting on it refers to the CPS(cycles per second) and thats referring to how many times the gun can fire a second, basically the same thing as BPS. this is adjustable. there is no readout or display, but if you fiddle witht he gun for about 4 minutes....you can memorize everything you wanna know. I believe the stock board does have a intellifeed link fro the warp i think. you can talk to Don and he'll put one in the Emagnum for you.

Kaiser Bob
07-22-2002, 08:13 PM
yes indeed the HES is much more sensitive, but that dosent mean you can make the trigger pull lighter AND shorter. If it is too light and short the damn thing goes into F/A of whatever BPS you set it at, because the emagnum's sensitivity makes the gun go bonkers if the magnet is a specific distance from the trigger. So either light and longer, or really short and stiff, your choice. Also for the intellifeed, you can either jerry rig the intellifeed to the board or connect it to the solenoid #2 control which takes a bit of programming skill.

PS - If you dont want to screw up your pretty new lvl 10 bolt and/or sear, i wouldent screw around too much with the dwell, as its the one thing AGD DOSEN'T want you to mess with :) 20ms-30ms should be fine (30ms is stock)