PDA

View Full Version : oldskool RT... going to runaway mode ALOT

virus
07-21-2002, 05:43 PM
as the title sayes.... my friend picked up and old school RT.... when he first got it it worked all right.... now however it keeps going into runaway alot....

my therory is the trigger frame has something to do with it.... other then that i'm not sure what it could be....

here is the setup: old RT, benchmark 2X trigger, 68/3k pmi screwin......

i noticed that the BM frame has the trigger rod sitting kinda high as compared to my stock minimag and Zgrip frames... so it gets pushed up and back.... i'm plannin on puttin my Z on there to see it is still does it... i told him to get a parts kits and i'll go through it with him (though he is gonna wait untill his LvX comes in also).... only thing i didn't sheck today was the bolt spring... i guess that could be te culprit also or in addition to the frame....

this all just strikes me as a little funny... seeing how i was using my micro with my Retro in it today with an 1150psi input and even when i tried to bounce the trigger i couldn't... hand it to anyone else after a min they could but i still cant... which is good =) i guess thats what i get for shooting a tipp. carbine for 3 years with its 9lb pull =)

a_malfunction
07-21-2002, 06:21 PM
Has the sear/trigger rod been modified in any way? Or maybe the sear is just worn.

TransMan
07-21-2002, 07:05 PM
Yes i found out when i got my RT that the old carbide tip sear chips easily and then chews the bolt up but it will go into run away very easily check out the sear see it its ok make sure the on/off pin is not chiped or broken and make sure you tighten the banjo bolt with a hex wrench and not by hand u cant get it tight enough by hand.
Long sentence :D

virus
07-22-2002, 04:03 AM
well... i did forget about checkin the sear.... as far as the on/off pin i know thats fine.. when i had it all apart i went over the different pices with him... (he had it for 3 months and never took it apart... afarid it wouldn't go back together for him.... i set him straight though) =)

though i do remember checkin the bolt.... i showed him the parts that would change when his LvX came in.... when i see him again i'll have hiim check out the sear... then again he wont know what to look for... but i'll set hiiim straight... may take 2 weeks but it'll get done....